Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Definitely need to know what's up. On the one hand, I want to give the man money. On the other hand, the last time he stopped posting comics then started again when he came back the voices were all wrong and the quality was sad, like fine wine that had gone to vinegar. If we're back on a new bottle and it's quality I'd gladly pay so like let us know, adventurists.

(I'm probably just gonna do it anyhow tbh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Paramemetic posted:

Definitely need to know what's up. On the one hand, I want to give the man money. On the other hand, the last time he stopped posting comics then started again when he came back the voices were all wrong and the quality was sad, like fine wine that had gone to vinegar. If we're back on a new bottle and it's quality I'd gladly pay so like let us know, adventurists.

just on the first comic and transcript it seems to be good Achewood quality but small sample size of course

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Paramemetic posted:

we've got one comic that seems to have the voices pretty down and the beef/pat podcast transcript is spot-on. I'm cautiously optimistic so far

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Paramemetic posted:

Hard to say for sure from just one strip but so far that one strip feels like classic Achewood

Also a random thought entered my head just now as I'm sitting in the back at my job(a Yogurtland) eating some chicken wings I grabbed before work cause it's slow at the moment and I got nothing better to do, what flavor of Chicken Wings* and what flavor of Frozen Yogurt** does everyone think each character in Achewood(aside from the characters who don't eat like the robots) like best?

*insert mediocre vegan alternative for Pat here

**we have a couple non dairy sorbet flavors that Pat could probably eat if he's not being too pretentious with his diet

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

drrockso20 posted:

I'm sitting in the back at my job(a Yogurtland) eating some chicken wings I grabbed before work cause it's slow at the moment and I got nothing better to do

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Thankfully I haven't really had to deal with any customers of the Showbiz type, Lil Nephews on the other hand are unfortunately a very common occurence

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I liked the first Achewood revival. The drive-thru gag is an all timer for me

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Given his track record I feel like waiting for this to die and get archived will probably be the better deal

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Was there any actual timeframe of how frequently new stuff is gonna be posted? I was kind of expecting to get something every day.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Weekly comics with non-comic phernalia intermittently between

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

I have tried Showbiz's microwaved Slim Jim and Roast Beef's Certs in a Budweiser and I'm afraid I'm 0/2 with the nouvelle cuisine of the Kazenzakis Brothers.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Javid posted:

Given his track record I feel like waiting for this to die and get archived will probably be the better deal

weird to me to see people posting their strategies to bargain bin the artist they’ve been posting about for more than a decade

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

moot the hopple posted:

I have tried Showbiz's microwaved Slim Jim and Roast Beef's Certs in a Budweiser and I'm afraid I'm 0/2 with the nouvelle cuisine of the Kazenzakis Brothers.

Have you tried tequila while you watching the SPICE channel?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Barbecue Sauce (neat) is another culinary option to try.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tarranon posted:

weird to me to see people posting their strategies to bargain bin the artist they’ve been posting about for more than a decade
I believe there is a quiet expectation that Onstad may flame out and general fatigue with monthly subscriptions among this population.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Nessus posted:

I believe there is a quiet expectation that Onstad may flame out and general fatigue with monthly subscriptions among this population.

dude has a pattern of starting projects he then abandons, some of which have included taking people's money and ghosting. I'd love to be wrong and THIS, finally, is the project he will stick with forever, and that patreon will still be there in six months if he does, but I'm not betting a monthly fee on it at this point

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

At least the fee can be cancelled if the well dries up, unlike a preorder

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

He claims to have done several months worth of content and if nothing else I never got to buy merch or whatever, so I am willing to give the sad cat cartoon man nine dollars per month for at least one month.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think onstad should paint my chicken coop

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

Nessus posted:

He claims to have done several months worth of content and if nothing else I never got to buy merch or whatever, so I am willing to give the sad cat cartoon man nine dollars per month for at least one month.

Totally off-topic but drat I like your profile pic/avatar thing. Given your name I'm guessing it's a Pierson's Puppeteer and that you and I may have a fuckload in common sci-fi-wise. Do you have the image in a larger size?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

heh heh heh

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tarranon posted:

That's just Goons for you. Go look at a video game thread, it's standard operating procedure.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Ugh there's an nft idiot in the achewood discord already. How quickly a snake finds it's way to shangri-la.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dunny posted:

Totally off-topic but drat I like your profile pic/avatar thing. Given your name I'm guessing it's a Pierson's Puppeteer and that you and I may have a fuckload in common sci-fi-wise. Do you have the image in a larger size?
Thank you, and yes it is.

I'll see if I can find the original and link you directly.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://raybot.help/

Onstad is an AI guy now. I asked it a question and it gave me an appropriately rays place answer

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

quote:

What is the best ingredient to put in a burrito? —Leon Sumbitches
Dear L.,
This is kind of a loaded question, dogg. What kind of burrito you want to make? If you want to make a real spicy-assed Mexican-style tortilla, you grill up a couple chicken breasts with some fresh basil and toss in some Daiya Mozzarella before sprinklin’ in tomato sauce and sprinklin’ on non-dairy Parmesan (I like Tofutti). On the other hand, if you want a straight-up tourist-style burrito with a ton of fake Mexican ingredients and way too much guacamole, then you buy a couple Mission-style burrito kits at Costco, microwave those drat things up, and show all the real Mexicans what a terrible use of the burrito they have invented.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I asked the AI if it had any tips or tricks to keep my nachos from being stolen, and it told me that I just had to accept that they would be stolen. This is true. I have accepted this into my heart.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Onstad missed out on a great opportunity to have the page say This is real, in a way.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/achewood/status/1655627707072528384?s=46&t=JsbrXZLeMaksMidW9RvL9A

Learning that there was an Achewood animated series at Netflix with Onstad and Pen Ward at the helm that got cancelled is the most grief I’ve ever felt. I really like how he’s using AI tbh, this attitude towards it seems solid

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

https://twitter.com/achewood/status/1655627707072528384?s=46&t=JsbrXZLeMaksMidW9RvL9A

Learning that there was an Achewood animated series at Netflix with Onstad and Pen Ward at the helm that got cancelled is the most grief I’ve ever felt. I really like how he’s using AI tbh, this attitude towards it seems solid

God what I would do to read those scripts

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

more falafel please posted:

show all the real Mexicans what a terrible use of the burrito they have invented.

A genuine lol.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Verge Article posted:

There were other hiccups. “For the longest time, RayBot thought he and Pat were lovers,” Hall says. Neither he nor Onstad can figure out how that happened.

Clearly RayBot was just being supportive of his gay friend. "A dude is rocking my can! Cool!"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Patreon's at 1789 subs now, a minimum of about 100k per year for Onstad. hopefully this means he sticks with it!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

I thought last night to myself that I'd cancel Netflix and subscribe to Achewood and now that's what I'm gonna do.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Onstand relaunching Achewood as a business venture is very interesting, but I guess makes the most sense as a way to stick with it. I have no idea how well his soda syrup venture went, I know the business is still around but I don't know if he's still involved with it. I'm also surprised at how organic the Ray AI sounds, some of the answers are very natural and fully Ray-voiced. I suppose Achewood as a Lifestyle Brand was only the natural progression

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Youremother posted:

Onstand relaunching Achewood as a business venture is very interesting, but I guess makes the most sense as a way to stick with it. I have no idea how well his soda syrup venture went, I know the business is still around but I don't know if he's still involved with it. I'm also surprised at how organic the Ray AI sounds, some of the answers are very natural and fully Ray-voiced. I suppose Achewood as a Lifestyle Brand was only the natural progression

the syrup is legit good

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I am excited about the possibilities!

If it nonetheless falls apart like his previous ventures, I request the thread be retitled "jive-rear end in a top hat cartoonist."

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
are you anywhere in the Jeffrey Epstein flight logs? — X

Dear X,
No, because I wasn’t one of his seven regular boys. He had special guys he would take on special trips around the world, and I just wasn’t one of them. I could tell you the names of most of the guys, but I’m trying to leave that life behind me. Plus, it’s pretty dangerous information to have, what with the feds and private investigators and all crawling all through his affairs.
I’m clean. I don’t need to prove it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pattonesque posted:

are you anywhere in the Jeffrey Epstein flight logs? — X

Dear X,
No, because I wasn’t one of his seven regular boys. He had special guys he would take on special trips around the world, and I just wasn’t one of them. I could tell you the names of most of the guys, but I’m trying to leave that life behind me. Plus, it’s pretty dangerous information to have, what with the feds and private investigators and all crawling all through his affairs.
I’m clean. I don’t need to prove it.

here comes a special boy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
raybot definitely produces some hits

Only registered members can see post attachments!