Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1655624812134268928?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Majora's Mask is bad because it's boring and you have to repeat the boring things over and over again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

neato burrito posted:

Majora's Mask is bad because it's boring and you have to repeat the boring things over and over again.

it’s fun and also you only have to repeat things if you suck a lot

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
every Zelda is good, is the thing. they're constantly experimenting and trying out new things and they don't always work for people, but the foundation they've built is so strong that it almost doesn't matter if one part doesn't work because the rest are awesome

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If Majora's Mask is bad then bad is good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WarpDogs posted:

every Zelda is good, is the thing. they're constantly experimenting and trying out new things and they don't always work for people, but the foundation they've built is so strong that it almost doesn't matter if one part doesn't work because the rest are awesome

Just ran the numbers and unfortunately Spirit Tracks makes this statement Not True

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just ran the numbers and unfortunately Spirit Tracks makes this statement Not True

spirit tracks is good

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Augus posted:

spirit tracks is good

This

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The ds zeldas sucked because i couldnt see wtf was going on with my stylus hand covering half the game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mr.Acula posted:

The ds zeldas sucked because i couldnt see wtf was going on with my stylus hand covering half the game

Get smaller hands?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
It would be nice of Nintendo to release the Oracle games on NSO this week for the poor folks who won't be getting ToTK at launch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing that people are calling 2023 the "Year of Nintendo"

Considering there's a zero percent chance of Bethesda's next game being not being nearly broken out of the box at release, and TotK and Pikmin4 are out the same year... yeah. Yeah, it is.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'm a little upset, my daughter is super sick, and when she's sick she sleeps in my bed with my wife, and I get relegated to the couch, which is in the Den with the big TV and the switch, but by Thursday she'll be better :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mister Facetious posted:

Considering there's a zero percent chance of Bethesda's next game being not being nearly broken out of the box at release, and TotK and Pikmin4 are out the same year... yeah. Yeah, it is.

I'm shocked a Bethesda game will be broken out of the box it's still going to sell gang busters because the community will fix it

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vitamean posted:

lemme tell you the only time majora's mask has induced anxiety was the gamecube port that would just freeze when you caught on fire as deku link and force you to restart from the first day. really cool bug to run into in the last room before the woodfall boss.

Majora's Mask was anxiety inducing when I had to beat that one dude at a race but I was playing it on my Wii and only after enough tries to force research did I realize that my Wiimote joystick wasn't going 100% and I was actually playing the whole game at like 90% max speed.

I can't remember if I ever beat that race or not but I certainly stopped playing after that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I'm a little upset, my daughter is super sick, and when she's sick she sleeps in my bed with my wife, and I get relegated to the couch, which is in the Den with the big TV and the switch, but by Thursday she'll be better :negative:

Tell your wife she looks like she's gained some weight, then you can stay on the couch a few more nights

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Len posted:

I'm shocked a Bethesda game will be broken out of the box it's still going to sell gang busters because the community will fix it

Most players don't play on a platform that can be modded. They just play it raw and line up to do it again the next time. Fallout 4 is the worst game I've ever beaten and I will still be buying their next game without seeing any trailers on day 1. I won't even expect to think it's good. What I will do is thoroughly enjoy the ride no matter how good or bad and I'd never miss the chance to take that opening day coaster.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This whole countdown thing for TotK really is giving me Majora's Mask vibes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Bofast posted:

This whole countdown thing for TotK really is giving me Majora's Mask vibes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Most players don't play on a platform that can be modded.

the only platforms Starfield is coming out on both support mods

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Redeemed my voucher for Zelda and now I need to push through and finally finish Botw. I played it a ton on release but then for whatever reason, put it down meaning to come back to it but never have. I have one beast to go and then whatever comes after that, roughly how much time should I plan on putting in for that?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

best buy better deliver my collector's edition on friday!

also, is this going to be the new widely-heralded pinnacle of gaming, replacing elden ring?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm legit shocked that team Power won the Splatfest.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Playable Ganondorf Confirmed (Speculation)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I’m not, Ganondorf has a katana now

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

loudog999 posted:

Redeemed my voucher for Zelda and now I need to push through and finally finish Botw. I played it a ton on release but then for whatever reason, put it down meaning to come back to it but never have. I have one beast to go and then whatever comes after that, roughly how much time should I plan on putting in for that?

Do you have all the memories and the master sword?

If you’ve got that done you can just go to the castle for the final fight. Tons of gear in there to help, just bring some cooked food for +attack power and you’ll be good, a couple hours at most.

Of course you can just skip all that with Revali’s Gale and glide to the top of the castle and be done in like 30 minutes after the final beast.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mega64 posted:

Playable Ganondorf Confirmed (Speculation)

honestly about as dumb as "zelda cut her hair so that means she's playable"

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Len posted:

not sure how that's different from dropping weapons on the ground to complete circuits instead of moving the boxes they want

or this

https://www.ign.com/videos/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-an-easy-way-to-solve-motion-controlled-puzzles

I figured this out by accident last night. This is exactly where I was, and I got so frustrated because slowly the gyro keeps causing the orientation of the platform to not reset to zero and so I kept having to turn my controller which kept on throwing off my own relation to the space and making me mad. So I just dropped the controller on my lap and it goes... flop. I was like Raphie in A Christmas Story and went, "son of a bitch." I assumed this was the way it was meant to be done.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manoueverable posted:

People who do not like BotW often will not hesitate to tell you that it's actually a bad game, rather than just not meshing with them.

It's mostly just a 7/10 game

It's not bad, it's just okay. Except Hyrule Castle, that three hours is a 10/10 masterpiece

If ToTK is actually worth exploring though then wowsers

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The only good part about Hyrule Castle was the music, which was a solid 8/10 (nostalgic cover, the original is better though)

everything else about it distilled the most tedious parts of the game down to the core and stripped you of a good deal of things which made those parts bearable outside of the castle

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

People who do not like BotW often will not hesitate to tell you that it's actually a bad game, rather than just not meshing with them.

I dont think its bad, clearly a lot of people like it, it just wasnt for me

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

BotW is one of those games where I understand every criticism leveled its way, but I can't help but find it extremely fun and cool nonetheless

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

botw didn't mesh with me, but i generally don't mesh with open world games. i recognize that it's an extremely well-made game and totally understand why everyone else loved it, i just didn't

totk meanwhile is insanely good. the sheer breadth of the game, the joy of figuring out all the insane things you can do with the tools they give you, the exploration in finding new poo poo around every corner, it's just an absolute joy to play. making me feel like a little kid as i go "holy poo poo you can do that???????" every five minutes, it's all easily enough to overcome my general disinterest in open world gaming

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

but is the hookshot in it??????

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meowywitch posted:

but is the hookshot in it??????

if u think about it Recall is a hookshot that latches onto time itself

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

abelwingnut posted:

best buy better deliver my collector's edition on friday!

also, is this going to be the new widely-heralded pinnacle of gaming, replacing elden ring?

I've played through Elden Ring about six times with a ton of different builds. That kept my attention for a good while but I know every aspect of the world, nothing can surprise me anymore.

What a game like BOTW and TOTK have over it is the absurdity you can create with the tools given.

I suspect Fuse alone is going to crack open the possibilities of what can be done and make TOTK an all-timer.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Do you think unlike BoTW, ToTK will have any music this time?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It'd be great if I could read this thread without worrying about those who :filez: 'ed the game spoiling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

It'd be great if I could read this thread without worrying about those who :filez: 'ed the game spoiling it

"the game is really good" is a spoiler now?