Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I love the entire process of joints. The whole tangible feeling of breaking up the weed, grinding it, rolling it up, and smoking it. The knack of rolling of a good joint with sticky weed, like the tiny bit of craftsmanship that goes into making it; Like cooking a great meal. Learning to roll a joint is (maybe pathetically) one of my first "I need to learn this" skills. Also came in handy when I was mega broke and could only afford Top or Bugler packages of leaf tobacco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Sucrose posted:

Ok also, has anyone noticed that there’s some songs it’s great to listen to while high and others you shouldn’t listen to while high?

Dark Side of the Moon is NOT the ultimate stoner album in my mind because of the anxiety leading up to and during all the alarm clocks going off in the intro to Time

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Plan R posted:

Does anybody actually like smoking joints?
There is something very therapeutic about coming home from work, taking big nugs of weed and grinding them into small grinds of weed, taking that freshly ground weed and poking it down a preroll cone, wrapping it up and lighting it and just chilling out.

I love me some dabs I love pipes but when you have a lot of weed sometimes its good to smoke a whole lot at once while wasting a little of it.

edit:

Vampire Panties posted:

I love the entire process of joints. The whole tangible feeling of breaking up the weed, grinding it, rolling it up, and smoking it. The knack of rolling of a good joint with sticky weed, like the tiny bit of craftsmanship that goes into making it; Like cooking a great meal. Learning to roll a joint is (maybe pathetically) one of my first "I need to learn this" skills. Also came in handy when I was mega broke and could only afford Top or Bugler packages of leaf tobacco.
my person

Cage fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 7, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I started smoking a regular tobacco pipe as part of theatrical / historical work and I ended up liking it so much I still keep a tin of good tobacco and light up every now once in a while.

It's very much the whole process that is appealing. Carefully cleaning the pipe with your little pipe pocket knife. Skillfully packing the bowl to the right density, the initial toasting, first light, the feel of a warm briar bowl in one hand and a sloe brandy in the other. Some of the tobaccos taste lovely too, my favourite regular tin was Davidoff Blue. Tasted like a light fruitcake.

It's immensely relaxing but now so is my prescription weed.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i love rolling joints, i've gotten really good at it over the years and take pride in a well rolled joint. i also enjoy smoking them, somehow to me it's just more relaxing than any other method. the fact that im a former cigarette smoker probably has something to do with it also.

of course it's also wildly inefficient compared to any other method but if efficiency was one of my main values i probably wouldnt be a stoner in the first place

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://youtu.be/LXHwCj-0li8

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

The ritual aspect is such a strong component to the herb. The simple act of breaking up a beautiful nug is pleasurable to all the senses. Then packing a bowl or rolling a joint, you know exactly what you're about to enjoy.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Like cutting a line :allears:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Or prepping yourself for a nice, clean boof!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/l0cy7w7vy9ya1/DASH_1080.mp4

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:hmmyes: is that dude gonna Smore that graham cracker or what

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

Dark Side of the Moon is NOT the ultimate stoner album in my mind because of the anxiety leading up to and during all the alarm clocks going off in the intro to Time

I don't "get" dopesmoker because I can't pay attention to anything for an hour when I'm high much less an hour long song

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
https://youtu.be/Ukax1SSKeoU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

RIP

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
what if a pizza joint was a joint filled with pizza that you smoked

maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
when I was a kid a buddy and I rolled a joint with greasy pizza fingers and it was good

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
is weed better in the day, or at night?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Weed is best when the time is right.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Vampire Panties posted:

Weed is better when I don't have any commitments

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
this dutch treat I got is so, so good

Harmony Farms branded, the nugs are just gooey and it smells like chex mix

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

A birthday cake should have candles.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Vampire Panties posted:

Right now? The morning.

But ask me again later.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Far out, these lollies are ideal

I'm wondering if I should tell my doctor I concocted them up or if that would be a red flag

Probably not a good idea

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
This jack herer smells, tastes and smokes like pitch pine saw shavings.

But I love it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Good morning Mary Jane :love:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ReelBigLizard posted:

This jack herer smells, tastes and smokes like pitch pine saw shavings.

But I love it

jack herer is the shittiest weed I've ever had somebody bothered to give a name to

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

jack herer is the shittiest weed I've ever had somebody bothered to give a name to

had some AK recently that would give it a run for its money (in a bad way).

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I have to cross-post this awesome post from the relationship thread. This was in response to someone saying the only difference between weed and caffeine is the stigma:

Achmed Jones posted:

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two) whenever they "had a rough day" than it is to coffee. like, he's not hurting anybody if he wants to get stoned as hell as his way of dealing with the world, but she's pretty reasonable to worry about it. it's just that she should've thought of it before there was a child involved, not after. it's 2023, aint nobody getting the equivalent of a single beer off a joint

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

We're supposed to be laughing at it, right?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Be a whole lot cooler if they just smoked together after the kid goes to bed

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
That thread is wildly depressing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I smoked some weed just now and I'm less depressed.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
yeah right i want relationship advice from a bunch of guys who didnt have sex until they were in their late 30s

fuckin losers

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
turn on my monitor

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dick Fontaine posted:

Weed is best

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Question for the more experienced:

Here's a stem after I've yanked all the bud off:

Any point at all at grinding it up and vaping it?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Question for the more experienced:

Here's a stem after I've yanked all the bud off:

Any point at all at grinding it up and vaping it?

yes: weed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it depends on how much more weed you have

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
20 year old me would probably save it and smoke it for when I had no weed. 37 year old me would break off anything that easily falls off and throw it out.

Life is too short for harsh smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
eat it