Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
As an avid fan of time travel stories/thought experiments, and dragons to a lesser extent, I'm glad to see Anachronos getting some love. While I didn't care as much for most of MotLK compared to the other three expansions in standard, Anachronos is probably my favorite card ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The ipad experience for HS over the last year is more and more modes becoming unusuable due to crash bugs and memory leaks

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 8, 2023

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Blasmeister posted:

The ipad experience for HS over the last year is more and more modes becoming unusuable due to crash bugs and memory leaks

My roommate and I play on IPads and neither of us have had issues. I have a 9th generation IPad and he has a four year old IPad Pro and they've both been great. Sorry to hear others are having issues.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I had the Play 12 Festival weapons quest so I tossed together a deck real quick and it was bad but it was fun so I kept working on it. This is probably not fully tuned yet but it definitely works:

### DiscoTech
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 2x (3) Service Bell
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
#
AAEBAZ8FAA+IBdQF4wWI6ALZ/gKVpgPM6wPw9gPJoAT5pASB4gSBlgXAxAW4xQW1ngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there is nothing better than making someone’s Leapfrogger build eat poo poo by sniping their Rivendare

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Corbett replacing RHat on the Data Reaper Podcast. Might be good news for our Wild aficionados.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23935322/26-2-patch-notes

12 win Brawliseum skin :laffo:

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
rip completionists

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
IMO its funny to see Blizzard trolling and the froth on Reddit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I didn't mind the 3 win Brawliseum skin but gently caress off with the 12 win skin Blizzard

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
when you think about it, it makes perfect bli$$ard sense. they get people to buy the new bg battlepass, and blow all their remaining gold / money on trying to grind out this h brawl hero skin.

then they release the mini set right after so people have to buy it vs. pay with gold instead since they just wasted all of it trying to get the portrait.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I don’t think weapon/attack DH is in any way a good deck. But man, pufferfist + going down under to clear a big Druid’s full board of taunted up 7/9 taunts and push 10 damage to the face was loving rad

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Almost missed this in the patch notes.

quote:

Finally, you can now Magnetize to your Mechs even if you have a full board (this change applies to all Modes, not just Battlegrounds). This change was made to make Mech games smoother by removing negative play experiences; it also lets us focus more on Magnetic with this update.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I love pure paladin. In particular I love pure paladin when it does a 40 damage OTK on turn 10 vs a smug rear end warrior that just cleared my board and reduced me to 9 health with thori’belore the previous turn and thought he was untouchable with all his pretty armor.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Almost missed this in the patch notes.

I missed that too, that's a cool change.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

victorious posted:

I missed that too, that's a cool change.

Now if only they would let us replace units like Runeterra.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Keyword: Displace (or Supplant?)

When you play this card, choose a (friendly?) minion/location/weapon to swap with this card, shuffle the target into your deck.

Not sure how balanced that'd be or which class(es) it'd fit best but it might be FUN

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Scholtz posted:

Keyword: Displace (or Supplant?)

When you play this card, choose a (friendly?) minion/location/weapon to swap with this card, shuffle the target into your deck.

Not sure how balanced that'd be or which class(es) it'd fit best but it might be FUN

At least let us replace frozen minions. I'd prefer a revamping of the freeze mechanic, but if that would invalidate too many established cards, letting us replace frozen minions would be a good consolation.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

At least let us replace frozen minions. I'd prefer a revamping of the freeze mechanic, but if that would invalidate too many established cards, letting us replace frozen minions would be a good consolation.

I was thinking about this too. What if minions unfroze after they (or your hero) took damage? I think that probably makes the game worse, but I do think there's space to give frozen players a little agency.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Huh.

After taking at least 6 attempts with Big Demon Hunter at D6/*** to break through and getting dumpstered every single time by the shittiest draws on my part and insane nut draws of my opponents (literally died everytime on T5 or 6), I am now on a 12-2 tear.

This game is weird sometimes.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
you can stack these btw

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

peer posted:

you can stack these btw

Yeah you can double the battle cry with bran , and the golden version has the copy effect from both the originals plus the golden battlecry. Pretty nuts. Paired with the fireworks guy that buffs your board when ever you get 2 or more copies of a thing you already have, it's a combo that is always available as they are all neutral. Expect a nerf.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 9, 2023

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Mr Beens posted:

Paired with the fireworks guy that buffs your board when ever you get 2 or more copies of a thing you already have, it's a combo that is always available as they are all neutral. Expect a nerf.

fireworks guy was removed before the patch went live. upbeat duo still feels pretty crazy on its own

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Guess I gotta go back to the drawing board for standard. Pure Pally deck I've been running is 3-7 since getting to platinum 5. It was kinda effective but not really fun to play so I'm not too broken up about shelving it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peer posted:

you can stack these btw

does Drakkari Enchanter mean that 2 turns tick down for every actual in-game turn?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Anyone have a link to the Spooky Mage that was in the last VS report (the one without Rommath?)

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Julio Cruz posted:

does Drakkari Enchanter mean that 2 turns tick down for every actual in-game turn?

No, it just doubles the effect on anything happening that turn

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
is Hearthstone Deck Tracker broken for anyone else since this update?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

skaboomizzy posted:

is Hearthstone Deck Tracker broken for anyone else since this update?

It was earlier. It got caught in some kind of deadlock-like loop and started to heat up my CPU like mad until I force-closed it (was easy to tell being on my laptop at the time). That having been said, hsreplay is showing games registering so maybe try closing and reloading it?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Why doesn’t the bloody game ever seem to remember which hero portrait I’ve set for a deck?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Navaash posted:

It was earlier. It got caught in some kind of deadlock-like loop and started to heat up my CPU like mad until I force-closed it (was easy to tell being on my laptop at the time). That having been said, hsreplay is showing games registering so maybe try closing and reloading it?

I had to force-list my decks, it didn't give me mulligan guides, and and I don't think it actually kept stats this entire night so it's kinda hosed right noiw

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Move over APM pirates

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Anyone feel like experimenting with Spell DH? The third minion right now just doesn't seem great to me, whether it's Felerin or Sergeant. So I cut the third minion to run one Feast of Souls to help get to the power cards faster. I definitely notice not finding the extra soul, but the deck feels faster to me. Small sample, of course, but it might have legs. Here's the list if you want to give it a shot.

### spells
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 1x (1) Feast of Souls
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Taste of Chaos
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) SECURITY!!
# 2x (2) Sinful Brand
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Predation
# 1x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 2x (4) Fel'dorei Warband
# 2x (4) Glaivetar
# 1x (4) Souleater's Scythe
#
AAECAZWrBATWnwT7vwSVkgWdpAUNtp8EtKAE7KAEmLoEn+IEpeIEhpIFiZIFi5IFpMMF9MMFsvUF4fgFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

N.b., Feast might not be the right call, but it's cheap draw. Might be worth trying a different card (I thought about Going Down Swinging to combo with the weapons, but that's really slow and it's probably a miserable topdeck).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

nzoth portrait in the shop

immediate purchase

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Math You posted:

No, it just doubles the effect on anything happening that turn

hmm maybe they fixed it then

it used to double up on things like Patient Scout so it would increase by 2 per turn rather than one

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

do you not get reconnected after you exit the client when you disconnect from a battlegrounds game anymore

i was thinking about playing it more but considering my internet's been having random hiccups lately that makes me not want to go back

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i miss buddies

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

hmm maybe they fixed it then

it used to double up on things like Patient Scout so it would increase by 2 per turn rather than one

The new mechanic isn't an end of turn effect, it is explicitly every X turns. After the set number of turns something happens (which on some cards is an end of turn effect)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Anyone know why Sylvanas doesn’t work against a minion that is immune due to Jailer? People keep playing her against me expecting it to work, and the more I think about it the more it doesn’t make sense - immune minions are supposed to be immune to damage; but they still get destroyed by effects that destroy minions without damaging them, so why not Sylvanas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Because Immune means it can't be targeted either.

Random destruction effect don't target, neither do board wipes.