Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its not really a beta, the game is finished at this point. They are just giving us a demo, but calling it a beta is more interesting for marketing purposes I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I said come in! posted:

Its not really a beta, the game is finished at this point. They are just giving us a demo, but calling it a beta is more interesting for marketing purposes I guess.

It’s the same build as the previous closed beta, so the balance will be different from both the release version and the demo they’ve already released

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm going to play it and enjoy it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want the full version already. June 1st is almost here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/kujikawaii/status/1655718498276966400?t=gFNjA5_0aOVFBtyskpyh0Q&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Probably a server test more than anything

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

morestuff posted:

Yeah but they could just not have an open beta

But it’s a stress test. The open beta isn’t a reward/punishment and it isn’t for us, it’s for Capcom.

I also notice PS4 is left out. I have to assume at this point PS4 just isn’t included in crossplay.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

morestuff posted:

Yeah but they could just not have an open beta

It's presumably meant as a stress test, but it's also open. So people who didn't play last time can play. They can preview the game. With 8 characters in it. To try the game out. That's what the ontological difference is between this world and the one in which there is no open beta. That is how the things are different.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
In a better timeline, they'd let us try the new characters but the drat crack addicts ruined it :negative:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
thats definitely not the reason they arent adding the other characters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They want to finish the real game, not improve a beta they forked off months ago

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Capcom really is doing this release smart as hell. I didn't expect a stress test after the single player demo dropped, and I'm happy to be wrong about that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

porfiria posted:

It's presumably meant as a stress test, but it's also open. So people who didn't play last time can play. They can preview the game. With 8 characters in it. To try the game out. That's what the ontological difference is between this world and the one in which there is no open beta. That is how the things are different.

I get the concept, it’s just weird to put a six-month old version of the game in people’s hands a week before release

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

morestuff posted:

I get the concept, it’s just weird to put a six-month old version of the game in people’s hands a week before release

Makes sense to me, they already know it works and doesn't have any new problems. This way they can stress test the system and be mostly sure there's not some day 1 bug that ruins the whole testing period or something

I dunno if that's why mind you, but it checks out in my dumb brain :shrug:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

morestuff posted:

gently caress me rigid it's almost like people want to play the game asap even if it's an older version and a video game company is interested in building hype so they can sell more units while also minimising expenditure by not creating a new beta based on an updated codebase, truly the motivations here are a complex and inscrutable web.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Alright

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Have they officially revealed who are the Season Pass 1 characters yet? Still haven't gotten my order in and wondering if the Deluxe Edition (or some other one?) is worth it or if I should wait it out depending on which characters it covers

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rashid, A.K.I, Akuma and Ed in that order.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Artelier posted:

Have they officially revealed who are the Season Pass 1 characters yet? Still haven't gotten my order in and wondering if the Deluxe Edition (or some other one?) is worth it or if I should wait it out depending on which characters it covers

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Rashid, A.K.I, Akuma and Ed in that order.

With drive rush changing moves frame data I'm really not looking forward to dealing with Rashid's sHP for another 5 years :sigh:

Also I hope season 2 pulls some deep cuts (and Menat, and C.Viper, and also gives me a pony)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Would be nice to see Sean again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cat Machine posted:

Would be nice to see Sean again.

Give me Dudley or Necro

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

A silver fox version of Dudley would own so much, especially as a foil to JP

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

:yeah:

that'd be really good actually

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cat Machine posted:

Oh I would loving love that

Can he hit JP with his car at level 3?

Seeing the entire cast of 3 a little aged up would own honestly

I would love to see older Elena or well trained Sean

Oh poo poo give me Sensei Makoto

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 11, 2023

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh I would loving love that

Can he hit JP with his car at level 3?

Seeing the entire cast of 3 a little aged up would own honestly

I would love to see older Elena or well trained Sean

Oh poo poo give me Sensei Makoto

tall makoto............

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

he'll likely not work in the new graphics style but goddamnit let's have Hakan

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm just gonna say it, I think Hakan sucks. Like mechanically he is kinda neat I like the idea of him using oil as a resource and his slippery moves are pretty cool but visually he looks fuckin stupid. Honestly I don't like a lot of the new characters introduced in 4. It's basically Juri is one of the only salvageable ones and that's why she keeps coming back. El Fuerte sucks, Rufus double sucks. I don't even like Seth the body change was like the only thing to make him not bland as hell.

Edit: If anyone says they want Abel they're a cop.

Double Edit: C. Viper is okay I guess.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 11, 2023

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Glagha posted:

I'm just gonna say it, I think Hakan sucks. Like mechanically he is kinda neat I like the idea of him using oil as a resource and his slippery moves are pretty cool but visually he looks fuckin stupid. Honestly I don't like a lot of the new characters introduced in 4. It's basically Juri is one of the only salvageable ones and that's why she keeps coming back. El Fuerte sucks, Rufus double sucks. I don't even kind Seth the body change was like the only thing to make him not bland as hell.

Edit: If anyone says they want Abel they're a cop.

Woah woah woah, Rufus is cool imo

I could do with never seeing El Fuerte again, though drive impacting his nonsense would be funny. I honestly don't really have an opinion on Hakan because I don't think I ever fought a single one?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I could do with never seeing El Fuerte again, though drive impacting his nonsense would be funny. I honestly don't really have an opinion on Hakan because I don't think I ever fought a single one?

As an addendum to this I wouldn't mind them adding another fat character to Street Fighter. Just not Rufus.

Edit: Or Birdie. Why do all the fat dudes in Street Fighter have to be gross and obnoxious

Glagha fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 11, 2023

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Hakan, Juri, and Rufus own, and I really like C Viper despite the fact that she is a lost KOF character

Seth became awesome in SFV

El Fuerte is Trash tier, and there is a much more interesting version of Abel called Manon now

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want Decapre back. She had an extremely unique playstyle that I haven't seen in any other game since.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Hakan, Juri, and Rufus own, and I really like C Viper despite the fact that she is a lost KOF character

Seth became awesome in SFV

El Fuerte is Trash tier, and there is a much more interesting version of Abel called Manon now

:hai: good opinions all around

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jack Trades posted:

I want Decapre back. She had an extremely unique playstyle that I haven't seen in any other game since.

Oh yeah, she exists

I forgot about her. Yeah she's alright

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I just want Dan. Capcom please.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

My BIG out of nowhere pull from Capcom is to get updated Maki or Sodom, but that poo poo probably ain't happening.

It really is surprising to me that Cody or Guy aren't even confirmed DLC yet, considering they have to be involved with the story somehow of VI

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

My BIG out of nowhere pull from Capcom is to get updated Maki or Sodom, but that poo poo probably ain't happening.

It really is surprising to me that Cody or Guy aren't even confirmed DLC yet, considering they have to be involved with the story somehow of VI

Kimberly is the Bushinryu rep and Cody is now a reformed mayor, though Guy could technically grow his hair and beard out to become the next proto-Zeku. Always felt like Guy should have been a Ryu-level guy in terms of power.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

Kimberly is the Bushinryu rep and Cody is now a reformed mayor, though Guy could technically grow his hair and beard out to become the next proto-Zeku. Always felt like Guy should have been a Ryu-level guy in terms of power.

I always liked the underwritten canon that Cody is actually strong as gently caress (like at least as good as Ryu if not higher) but he's lazy and would rather wander about having fun beating up Mad Gear when he needs to, or now being mayor than do it seriously.

Grandmaster Guy could be neat

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakura is probably the character evolution I'm most interested in seeing. She was a prodigy already and now add some more years of practice on top of that. Like I imagine they wouldn't make her all that different, but you could pull stuff from like Gouken or Oni, or she gets her own demon. Really I'd settle for just making her kinda clumsy looking moves look cooler and more deliberate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

Sakura is probably the character evolution I'm most interested in seeing. She was a prodigy already and now add some more years of practice on top of that. Like I imagine they wouldn't make her all that different, but you could pull stuff from like Gouken or Oni, or she gets her own demon. Really I'd settle for just making her kinda clumsy looking moves look cooler and more deliberate.

Dark Sakura from MVC2 should become cannon imo, and then we can just replace Akuma with sakura