Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Nancy 1943

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

readingatwork posted:

Here have some doodles I made tonight:

Oh man, I want that one as an emote just for this thread

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/8/03

Brenda Starr 12/10/50

Smokey Stover 7/18/54

Everyday Movies 5/26/36

"Gee, ma, can't ya help me with my homework? The teacher wants to know if a guy has a thing worth four bucks and sells it for two bits profit, what per cent is the velvet?"

Hmm. "Velvet: a profit or gain beyond ordinary expectation." Not a usage I've come across very often.

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/8/41

Bonus Horrifying News Story (with a Happy Ending)!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Holy poo poo, Scarlet :stare:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil is loving hardcore. :allears:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

readingatwork posted:

Here have some doodles I made tonight:

^^^ This needs to be enshrined

No Nancy 1943 today, but PIG WEEK starts tomorrow. Literally, pigs.

Pluggers

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

confirmed: pluggers are huffers

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Finally, FOOB will explain how April got her eyepatch.

(ANOTHER strip where the toddler is just left alone? If you hate April so much Lynn, you didn’t have to invent her. )

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

:perfect:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

manero posted:

PIG WEEK starts tomorrow. Literally, pigs.

my body is ready

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

Please don't give capital any ideas. We're already living in hellworld.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

rannum posted:

there's absolutely going to be a follow up story of her moving out and into the senior home where we'll pick some of this up
Whereupon she'll be an incredible rear end in a top hat to every other living being in the senior home, and people will again stumble over themselves to come to her defense. She's just lonely you see, she's scared, old Mrs. Tilmit should've just let her win at Bridge so really it's her own fault that Grandma Forth poo poo in her dentures glass when you think about it.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Hobnob posted:

hey, congrats!
Thanks!

Fingerpori

ANSU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
From the My Dad is Dracula instagram

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bullshit, Woodstocker.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

everyone wear hats now posted:

The Creeps - Finale

And so at last, we must say happy trails to our pals The Creeps. God Speed Fellas!

Doomykins posted:

Speaking of good things I took a break last year and as a birthday gift to myself I was considering posting the Jucika run again. Dunno how long it's reasonable to wait, I posted it twice back to back and its been half a year. I've even got it all on an imgur account so I assume I'll dodge the great purge.

Literally a full week behind but I did just want to note that anytime a short, good comic ends is a great time to start reposting another short, good comic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Bullshit, Woodstocker.

Yeah Zits has the same problem as Dustin in that dad was clearly intended to be a Boomer when the series started, but that hardly makes sense for the father of a teenager in 2023. Even if you decide that Chad is still canon, there's basically no way they can be Boomers at this point.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Darthemed posted:

Bullshit, Woodstocker.

Jeremy's dad was at Woodstock

...Woodstock '94.

By the time the strip ends, his experience will consist of having watched a bootleg .avi of the Woodstock '99 PPV, downloaded from KaZaA, a few years later.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Another Mafalda Facebook post I couldn't leave alone.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (June 6, 1935)

Peanuts (May 11, 1976)

Crankshaft

You're the single staff member of a dead-tree paper that almost went out of business. What's your circulation?

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 8, 1939)

Out Our Way (October 2-4, 1941)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I guess it kinda checks out that the Three Dog Night show was part of a mid-90s 60s revival

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Oh...!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

You're the single staff member of a dead-tree paper that almost went out of business. What's your circulation?
Evergreen statement that Tombat doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about but this is also a loving movie theater which needs enough reach to survive. The locals will know by word of mouth alone. You need more than just local people to know and weigh going there vs. going to another theater.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

WHY NOT ANNOUNCE IT IN BOTH PLACES YOU JIVE-rear end ZERO SUM GAME-LOVING MOTHERFUCKER

I've been working for an independent neighborhood movie theater for nearly ten years now. Tom Baituk has absolutely no idea how theaters run, nor how you have to fight to make sure they stay open. And you don't throw away one viable avenue of publicity and promotion just to make whatever point Baituk is trying to make about newspapers vs social media, especially not if you're trying to get the word out about a Grand Reopening or whatever.

So get the cranky newspaper guy to write an article about the theater--that's free advertising, Jack--and do the social media poo poo too. Then the old cranks who only read the newspaper and the silly some gizmo kids will come and we'll get an entire month of jokes where the olds don't understand streaming media and the youngs don't understand physical film.

This is loving aggravating. Like reading a comic strip made by the guy who wanted to buy his hometown theater and thought screening DVD episodes of TailSpin was a viable business model.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Hostile V posted:

Evergreen statement that Tombat doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about but this is also a loving movie theater which needs enough reach to survive. The locals will know by word of mouth alone. You need more than just local people to know and weigh going there vs. going to another theater.

The smug, knee-jerk "internet is BAD bah gawd" reaction is so infuriating; publicizing a small local cinema is exactly what social media would be great at. It's like a Pluggers crossover.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The story centered around Skip made it crystal clear that Batiuk and Skip are idiots so the second he blunders onpanel I know the storyline will be extra dumb even for the Batiukverse.

Jucika "5 - Jucika on a Suspicious Classified Advertising."

"6 - Jucika Grabbing Violets"

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Hey what's up so even though I got married and went on a honeymoon, the actual wedding party thing was last week and all my relatives have just now left so I guess that's why now you get some huge comic catchups (that might disappear in a few weeks because my "upload to imgur" plugin isn't attached to an account?)

Heart of the City

Breaking Cat News is mostly reruns but they're cute reruns so I'm posting anyway

Wallace and Phoebe updates coming soon....

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Unfortunately, this chapter is going to some “everyone showing us their entire rear end” places.

Cthulhu and Girl

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Okay that batch of Heart actually won me over. I get it now. I think it's improved, too, but mostly I get it now :3:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Unfortunately there's an entire week's worth of strips missing after this one. It's not even the archive missing them, the next paper has the strip number 987, but all the other serial strips are in order.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 9, 2023

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 9/10/50

Archie 5/1-3/47

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Green Intern posted:

Finally, FOOB will explain how April got her eyepatch.

(ANOTHER strip where the toddler is just left alone? If you hate April so much Lynn, you didn’t have to invent her. )
April has an eye patch?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Clearly This Lesbian Wedding Is All About One Of The Protagonists

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Puppet Master

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
you know, I didn't like Heart, but in a clump like that, it actually is pretty cute and has grown on me.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (December 8, 1939)

Oh little rainbird, society may make assumptions about you but Popeye never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Kit + The Wolf

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

At last, the 10th Avenue Band. They’re all there:

CLAUD CLARENCE
ROY BLITTER