Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Re our conversation about the stars in the Tales of Space set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ha, Carbs ball gag popped up on my Reddit.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hello Lego friends. I have a bunch of the Lego Architecture series sets (Rockefeller Center, original Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, original White House, Space Needle, original Eiffel Tower, Burj Khalifa, etc) that are assembled and still have the instruction booklets, just no box. Are there people looking for these at this point? I want to give them a good home because I've been running out of room at my place and want to stick with just the Skyline and Botanical series for now.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

smackfu posted:

Ha, Carbs ball gag popped up on my Reddit.
It's been a bit more popular than I anticipated.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hmm I was thinking about dumping my Probe Droid and the Ferrari 488 but I guess I’ll wait until they go out of print.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

It's been a bit more popular than I anticipated.

It would get 10k votes on ideas. Just have to get it pushed to the right places and people will vote for it just for the lulz.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

It would get 10k votes on ideas. Just have to get it pushed to the right places and people will vote for it just for the lulz.
Wouldn't even make it through the review process. Also, can you imagine how upset I'd be if THIS hit 10k when my actual serious build didn't?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Finally a true LEGO After Dark product

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

Wouldn't even make it through the review process. Also, can you imagine how upset I'd be if THIS hit 10k when my actual serious build didn't?

Of course it wouldn't get through review. But it would illustrate how stupid the whole process is and maybe LEGO would take a step back and fix things.

Also, please post your whole western village as an Ideas set. All 3 buildings were great and maybe that plus a good advertising campaign would get it over the top.

Sucks that the other one finished 50 votes short of the next step.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
No, I mean, there's an internal review/moderation before anything goes live on Ideas. It wouldn't even get a chance to collect votes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seriously? They let some of that garbage through? Geez.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Can't stop messing with this thing. Gettin' pretty complex now.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I love those gas cans.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

No, I mean, there's an internal review/moderation before anything goes live on Ideas. It wouldn't even get a chance to collect votes.

Upload it it as a clown nose.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
15% Rakuten and the Police Station is finally properly in stock... welp.

Some fresh rumors/leaks:
Concorde 2083 pc. $200, with a stand and info plaque, 9/4 release.
Icons of Play 899 pc, $100, celebrates women's football (soccer for us Yanks), half pitch, spectator stand, dugouts, 5 real life footballers

Bricklink Designer Program Series 1 sets were announced, preorder starting in Feb 2024
https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/482/Mountain-Fortress

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/10/General-Store-%E2%80%93-Wild-West

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/224/The-Old-Train-Engine-Shed

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/29/The-Snack-Shack

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/323/Parisian-Street

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 8, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Seriously? They let some of that garbage through? Geez.

Yeah, not really sure how "we made a colour chart to compare lego and bricklink colours" made it past base review and all the way to 10k.

But I guess the initial review exists purely to filter out anything obscene, offensive, or generally particularly poor taste?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Feb 2024??? That’s nine months away.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, not really sure how "we made a colour chart to compare lego and bricklink colours" made it past base review and all the way to 10k.

But I guess the initial review exists purely to filter out anything obscene, offensive, or generally particularly poor taste?

There’s a bunch of other stuff too. No logos, no collages. I had to resubmit my last one like 4 times and crop all the pictures to the point that I hated them by the time they let me post it.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

BaconCopter posted:

Some fresh rumors/leaks:
Concorde 2083 pc. $200, with a stand and info plaque, 9/4 release.

:hellyeah: day 1 buy unless they completely gently caress it up somehow

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

My house was in the Concorde’s approach path to Dulles back in the 90s. Loud af, but I loved watching them.

It would be outside of my typical collecting pattern, but I’ll definitely consider grabbing one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FBS posted:

:hellyeah: day 1 buy unless they completely gently caress it up somehow

What if the snoot doesn't droop.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Cojawfee posted:

What if the snoot doesn't droop.

No snoot droop no deal. Nya!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Buy two, one to display flat with snoot up
And a second to display snoot down ascending

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Think they will include the pieces to make the TU-144 as an alternate build?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

There are a lot of Concorde MOCs on Ideas and they all have terrible noses.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

smackfu posted:

There are a lot of Concorde MOCs on Ideas and they all have terrible noses.

So did the Concord

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Truth.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
You'd have to image they'll make the nose cone a new mould given how important it is to the overall iconic shape

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh :stare:

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1655845420721946624

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Mmmm, i dunno about that.

The footprint is huge but it feels pretty sparse. And there's not really a strong focal point.

That said it looks great as a bridge between the other sets, but as a standalone - not so much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like it better than the gardens. Less than City or Docks. I feel like that line is increasingly just becoming visual noise. The original City set just kicks the crap out of all of the add ons

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
gimme

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Next to the Gardens.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Oh wow, that's 64 studs long? Nice. Looks like a better fit to the corner builds than the Docks is too, both in height and in being the right way around.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Way out of budget.
But gondela.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Also, the rest of the Ninjago summer sets. Pleasantly surprised to see Nya get one of those smaller sets, usually it's Jay/Cole/Lloyd for them. Great mechs in there too.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Man that looks sick. It even has a 70s cop. Could even be a good fit between modulars although a little out of line color wise

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Next to the Gardens.

Yeah it's a nice filler piece for sure.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
drat, it owns. I kinda love it. Definitely not moreso than City, but I can't decide if it or Gardens would be my 2nd place pick, then. I do agree that the middle feels empty, but it's definitely deliberate. Putting too much stuff there would really detract from the composition, so it's the price you pay by this being a "bridge" set. I can't imagine it's the sort of set you would own by itself, though - it's definitely there to complement one or both of the corner sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007