Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

oh no not the United States Empire

I dedicate this snype to elon musk :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1655937115526676481?t=0Fet_gIuts8y5gZ_ShrxGg&s=19

he's getting baited by laura loomer now. He's gone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

US senators call Tesla’s safety review a “sham,” demand answers from Musk

ars posted:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/05/us-senators-call-teslas-safety-review-a-sham-demand-answers-from-musk/

US senators sent a letter Monday to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, saying they were "incredibly troubled" by reports that Tesla uses arbitration clauses in consumer and employee contracts to evade public accountability for rampant workplace discrimination and shocking vehicle safety flaws.

"We are deeply concerned that the arbitration agreements you impose on your workers and consumers have kept these reportedly deplorable and discriminatory conditions and potential safety flaws from the public eye and limited regulatory authorities’ ability to protect Tesla customers and employees and hold Tesla publicly accountable," the lawmakers wrote.

Their letter starts by describing reports of allegedly racist and sexist worker conditions. Black Tesla employees, the senators say, are confronted by racial slurs "as often as 50 to 100 times" daily and are reportedly racially segregated by Tesla management to work only in "the lowest-level and most physically demanding roles." Black workers also reported facing retaliation, on top of allegedly "being disproportionately disciplined and demoted." Meanwhile, female Tesla employees are "allegedly groped" and reportedly have been fired after complaining about harassment.

"Tesla’s confidential arbitration agreements—which appear to be mandatory for workers—significantly limit the extent to which the details of discriminatory conditions at the company may come to light," the senators wrote. They claimed that because of the agreements, there is likely an "untold number of other complaints that remain confidential."

From there, the letter describes how Tesla's consumer arbitration agreements have built "a black box around any concerns drivers may have on the safety of Tesla’s vehicles."

Senators said that while the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has documented some of the safety issues with Tesla’s Full Self-Driving beta software that "increase the vehicle’s crash risk," there has been no light "shed on what private settlements Tesla may have made over the safety of its cars." They also criticized Musk's prior claims that a "comprehensive safety validation review and rigorous internal development process" help "make certain that our technologies are safe."

"Let us be clear: your so-called safety review is a sham," the senators wrote.

Tesla did not immediately respond to Ars' request to comment.

Signatories of the letter include Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Edward Markey (D-Mass.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Jeffrey Merkley (D-Ore.), Richard Durbin (D-Ill.), and Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio).

Senators have asked Musk to respond by June 8 to a series of questions. They essentially want Musk to fill the gaps in public knowledge and detail Tesla's history of independently arbitrating complaints outside the public eye. That means they want to know how many worker complaints of racial harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and sexual harassment Tesla has received in the past decade—and how much Tesla paid out and settled. They also asked for a complete breakdown of vehicle safety complaints that Tesla received since 2012. Perhaps most importantly, they ended by asking Tesla to commit to no longer "including arbitration clauses in employee and consumer contracts" or "filing motions to compel arbitration for new claims against it in court."

Until Musk responds, the senators warn that "the public—including would-be buyers—have no visibility into what complaints may have already been made and what other potential safety issues with Tesla vehicles may exist."

a worded letter from the radical left dems

Concerning

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Elon Musk Ftw.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

far left mark Zuckerberg

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1655935764474245125?t=JcyIl4gpJWYXG8vKb4RP2w&s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1655785346989191169

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wanna buy one of those cyberteuck shovels

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder how much the monthly subscription price is for a shovel

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
cybershovel

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
I'm starting to suspect that, rather than simply being your garden variety racist right-wing capitalist, musk has actually swallowed wholesale the right wing propaganda that's meant for the proles and given himself brain damage the same way that trump did. I mean, he's seriously engaging with speculation that the texas shooter is a "psyop" all because he's hispanic and "mexicans cant be nazis." that's pretty far afield of the sort of casual right-wing bigotry allowed in polite society.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

CYBERSPADE 0.69 (BETA)

digR "hard R" AI full self digging - $12,000 ($14,000 on June 1)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

thats a really cool looking edition of what i assume is the decline and fall of the roman empire

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
those shovels come in handy when you’re digging for the truth to publish in the twitter files

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they also serve as oars when you want to cross a body of water

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

euphronius posted:

they also serve as oars when you want to cross a body of water

thrust via arm rotation

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

I'm starting to suspect that, rather than simply being your garden variety racist right-wing capitalist, musk has actually swallowed wholesale the right wing propaganda that's meant for the proles and given himself brain damage the same way that trump did. I mean, he's seriously engaging with speculation that the texas shooter is a "psyop" all because he's hispanic and "mexicans cant be nazis." that's pretty far afield of the sort of casual right-wing bigotry allowed in polite society.

there is nobody around elon musk that is in a position to tell him that he's being stupid and he's got the media literacy of a goldfish, so he's just going to believe the first thing he sees. and because he uses twitter for reading news, the first thing he sees is going to be like catturd, jordan peterson or someone like them saying some insane poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655952021604945925?s=20

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

musk always taking the shortest, dumbest lines of logic

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk Ftw.

Gibbon ftl

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/IAmQale/status/1655738623524757504?t=I8BVeWVIyiHLkm8jqGN08w&s=19

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Sounds like you’ve cracked the case

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

What the gently caress

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

I'm trying to imagine this thing driving around and parked in 100 degree weather all day and my brain simply won't allow it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
New market for Tesla branded heat gloves

Er where the gently caress are the door handles

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I assume these are from a professional photographer but they look like iphone photos with the HDR setting maxed out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That sounds epic.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
why did they photoshop a ball cap on his head

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Nenonen posted:

elon Musk invented electric cars

this changes everything

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

cool how elon's EV would likely blow up before a gas powered F1

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

love this stupid Pepe bot that replies to all his tweets

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 17:09 on May 9, 2023

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Hoo boy, where to begin?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655960805601361922?cxt=HHwWhIC2vYflk_stAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655955428038041602?cxt=HHwWhICzwYWskfstAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655946542631772163?cxt=HHwWhoDTieymjfstAAAA

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That *is* troubling.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

vincent's right
https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/999379218059313152
https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/999384044658868224

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

can someone please blow this rear end in a top hat's brains out all over the pavement? preferably he does it himself but beggers can't be choosers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

drat it's like material conditions are worsening and people are getting more desperate as a result or some poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can someone please blow this rear end in a top hat's brains out all over the pavement? preferably he does it himself but beggers can't be choosers

The Elon Musk thread is for having a good time with your fellow posters and enjoying epic tweets. We don't stand for this sort of violent language

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
:staredog:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in order to do death wish posting you should aim for subtlety, humor, or some combination thereof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

in order to do death wish posting you should aim for subtlety, humor, or some combination thereof

i am so very tired