Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watched it all like seconds from getting out of the Danny Masterson rape trial and I loved it. The last episode is Ted Lasso level of feel good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

World has the food and wine festival in Epcot where you can do Around the World

I did that a couple years ago and it was worth the :20bux:
I'm a little biased too as I grew up on the East Coast & went to Disney World a lot more than Disney Land.

I'm now watching Paddington 2 and a part of me feels like I'm missing some things since I haven't seen the first Paddington movie.

I know the story from the original books. :v:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My 7 year old daughter on the Jurassic Park ride today

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

If somebody was feeling generous that would be an awesome avatar for you.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

If somebody was feeling generous that would be an awesome avatar for you.

Hahahah please no

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Watched it all like seconds from getting out of the Danny Masterson rape trial and I loved it. The last episode is Ted Lasso level of feel good

Two things:

1) we are on episode 5. Ronald seems like a genuinely good doofus

2) you were watching the trial or in it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was in the trial, still going on. It was like 28 days. They asked me why I shouldn't be in the trial and I went off on Scientology and mentioned that at one time I fed the FBI information about their case they were trying to build in the cyber crimes division as well as being there when Jenna Elfman got arrested for attacking a protester, all true. I was like the first person dismissed.

gently caress Scientology. And also gently caress Danny Masterson.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Have you said this before? How did I miss this?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So this is a genuine question. if you hate cops and are called to a jury, should you give an honest answer about your opinion on cops, knowing you will almost certainly be dismissed immediately?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Have you said this before? How did I miss this?

Yes but in the LA thread. They literally asked three questions how do you feel about guns? Not great. Has anyone you know in the last year accused someone of sexual assault? Yes. How do you feel about Scientology and I wrote on the front and back of the form. We didn't have our phones or wifi but I dropped a bunch of poo poo, forced abortions, child labor on the Free Winds yacht, Sea Org, disconnection, suicides, hell I even brought up asbestos. Thanks, Anonymous.

edit: also these stories sound a little attention hungry whenever I say them if you live in LA long enough you have brushes with celebrity all the time so apologies not trying to sound that way. I just hate scientology.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 9, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Air Skwirl posted:

So this is a genuine question. if you hate cops and are called to a jury, should you give an honest answer about your opinion on cops, knowing you will almost certainly be dismissed immediately?

Possibly, I was a juror right before Covid and someone got out for the opposite reason - that they loved cops so much that there is no way they could not believe their testimony.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Absolutely you should because you're massively biased and therefore cannot be impartial.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My grandpa got out of jury duty because he would always go on a rant about the time he got a ticket from a cop for running a red light that didn't exist.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

World has the food and wine festival in Epcot where you can do Around the World

Also if i remember there are swim up bars in the Art of Animation hotels

Land's awesome don't get me wrong.

There are no swim up bars at WDW. They have bars by the pools but you gotta walk to them like a land lubber.

Also DLR and DCA are smaller in footprint but actually have more attractions than all of WDW’s 4 parks combined.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And thus the superiority of Universal and IOA. End of debate. Harry Potter world is so drat fun with kids.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

And thus the superiority of Universal and IOA. End of debate. Harry Potter world is so drat fun with kids.

My last trip to Universal the edibles kicked in while we were in the Harry Potter candy store, famous last words “This place has to many colors”

Then going down to many steep rear end escalators that in my afraid of heights and high mine took about 2 hours

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
No swim up bars :(? I must be misremembering they did have bars surrounded by fa bunch of pools at each hotel complex I remember getting day drunk watching a giants pirates game waiting for my friends to land and arrive since I got there at like eleven am

a sexual elk posted:

Outstanding

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Disneyland is a 2 hour flight from me whereas Disneyworld is a 6.5 hour one, and well... I'll pick Disneyland.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Lakers are cool and good

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Man I definitely want to start a small garden like that but I keep getting decision paralysis on where I want to put the vegetable garden and what I wanna grow.

Yeah the one in that pic was easy as hell to do. A trip to home depot for the concrete corner pieces, which have slots that fit 2x; some pressure treated lumber (it's food safe these days), and four bits of rebar to stake them into the ground. Took like 20m to set up. Then just fill with dirt and grow stuff. We also put fencing around it to keep our regular backyard critters out. But the main deal is, it's temporary, we can pull up the rebar and remove everything and it'd be back to level graded "yard" and it all would be re-usable. We just weren't sure if that was the best spot for sun, so that flexibility is great.

Rectal Placenta posted:

I love that one onion just chillin there

I stuck some wilty storebought green onion in a pot like six years ago and it just lives forever. I trim a leaf every now and again when I need some green onion. This past winter I stuck it in the bed and it went nuts, it's flowered and produced a huge stalk (we're eating the flowers, the stalk was too woody to eat) but that's another offshoot bulb, also flowering, that I'm just gonna keep growing. But there's also a red onion in the back that sprouted in the fridge, I planted it a month ago and it's already split.

Don't actually buy onions if you own some dirt, just plant them and they propagate and live forever. Onions are free. Actually we eat way too many onions, I'd have to plant acreage, but it's nice to always have a bit in the yard if we run out

kiimo posted:

I was in the trial... I was like the first person dismissed.

Man I dunno, I think being dismissed from jury duty during juror selection isn't exactly being "in the trial"?

BlindSite posted:

Absolutely you should because you're massively biased and therefore cannot be impartial.

Neutrality and impartiality aren't the same thing, if you are neither super in favor nor super against cops, that is itself a partial position reflecting personal bias; the only impartiality would be if you had literally no opinion, like if you'd never heard of police, and those people don't exist. IMO one of the critical failures of jury trials is this insane centuries-outdated notion that it's possible for people to be unbiased without also being idiots.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Neutrality and impartiality aren't the same thing, if you are neither super in favor nor super against cops, that is itself a partial position reflecting personal bias; the only impartiality would be if you had literally no opinion, like if you'd never heard of police, and those people don't exist. IMO one of the critical failures of jury trials is this insane centuries-outdated notion that it's possible for people to be unbiased without also being idiots.

I do see your point but if you hate an entire group of people rather than judging an individual on their merits you shouldn't be on a jury and it should be obvious as to why.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

it's garden time

it's funny how much money we spend on dirt in order to grow $50 of vegetables but it's so nice to just go pick some tomatoes all summer, I am hype
Vine ripened heirloom tomatoes are worth way more than $50 if you value flavor.

Make a BLT with tomatoes from your own garden and wonder why you haven't been doing that every year. Then you will do that every year.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Cherry tomatoes are good because they grow all summer. I usually have more than I can eat. My garden has been hit or miss the last couple years, but I reworked it this fall and hopefully I get better results this year.
Our volunteer cherry tomatoes last until Halloween and could last longer but we just rip them out at that point.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 9, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah the one in that pic was easy as hell to do. A trip to home depot for the concrete corner pieces, which have slots that fit 2x; some pressure treated lumber (it's food safe these days), and four bits of rebar to stake them into the ground. Took like 20m to set up. Then just fill with dirt and grow stuff. We also put fencing around it to keep our regular backyard critters out. But the main deal is, it's temporary, we can pull up the rebar and remove everything and it'd be back to level graded "yard" and it all would be re-usable. We just weren't sure if that was the best spot for sun, so that flexibility is great.

I stuck some wilty storebought green onion in a pot like six years ago and it just lives forever. I trim a leaf every now and again when I need some green onion. This past winter I stuck it in the bed and it went nuts, it's flowered and produced a huge stalk (we're eating the flowers, the stalk was too woody to eat) but that's another offshoot bulb, also flowering, that I'm just gonna keep growing. But there's also a red onion in the back that sprouted in the fridge, I planted it a month ago and it's already split.

Don't actually buy onions if you own some dirt, just plant them and they propagate and live forever. Onions are free. Actually we eat way too many onions, I'd have to plant acreage, but it's nice to always have a bit in the yard if we run out

Man I dunno, I think being dismissed from jury duty during juror selection isn't exactly being "in the trial"?

I’m super scared cause I have native onions all over my yard in SoCal, but there’s a copycat that is super poisonous, same looking leaves and all

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I still haven’t gone to USJ but it sounds like the Mario stuff is pretty cool too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

harperdc posted:

I still haven’t gone to USJ but it sounds like the Mario stuff is pretty cool too.

Omg I didn’t even know that existed! If anything like the movie, what a blast

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

I do see your point but if you hate an entire group of people rather than judging an individual on their merits you shouldn't be on a jury and it should be obvious as to why.

You could probably make the argument that hating the institution of American policing based on 300 years of oppressive behavior is judging them based on merits.

E: just to head it off, I know what you mean in broad strokes

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 9, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Omg I didn’t even know that existed! If anything like the movie, what a blast

Universal Studios Japan had it open during COVID, and it sounds like it’s opened in Hollywood as of December.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

You could probably make the argument that hating the institution of American policing based on 300 years of oppressive behavior is judging them based on merits.

Yeah, more recently than that (although that's important) there's a reason the word testilying exists and it's not because of the accused.

I'm not going to hate you as a person without knowing you, I'm just saying I know your organization routinely lies to the press, has used junk science for decades, and maybe doesn't exactly view every citizen in the same way. But you better come at me with straight evidence and 'just the facts ma'am,' if you're talking to me in a trial. If we do that last part, we can be cool.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 9, 2023

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Has anyone watched the show Jury Duty? It’s mockumentary style like the office but it’s a fake trial and it’s all actors except for one guy who is being tricked.

James Marsden plays himself.

We finished it last week, it is pretty funny throughout. As mentioned already, the last episode is really great.

Disneyland or world both sound like a personal hell for me, but it's tough to throw stones knowing there's a pretty decent chance we plan at least part of a vacation around going to one of the Mario theme parks at some point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

right right but we were talking about jury duty and you're assigned to a trial in the first day and then I had to go like three more days before getting dismissed. Danny and his lawyers were there but you're right I never was actually in the trial specifically.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

Has anyone watched the show Jury Duty? It’s mockumentary style like the office but it’s a fake trial and it’s all actors except for one guy who is being tricked.

James Marsden plays himself.

Yeah, it was solid. They got lucky that one one non-actor was very charismatic and likeable.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I really don't see how they have a second season though. Caught lightning in a bottle and they were clearly trying to gently caress with him and he was so nice they had to pivot. One hit wonder, take the W and move on to your next project for everyone involved.

Because if you DO get yourself a lovely person what are you going to do, convict him in the last episode? That's a completely different show.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm sad

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1655950472954650626?t=htmhEjWVOn5V-3igg07crg&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Timothy Burke of old Deadspin fame and managing to make clips of every single sport all the time got raided by the FBI

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Timothy Burke of old Deadspin fame and managing to make clips of every single sport all the time got raided by the FBI

There an article why? I'd ask for what but his whole thing is documenting absolutely everything in existence that was ever aired on TV and saving it, so it could be anything.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grittybeard posted:

There an article why? I'd ask for what but his whole thing is documenting absolutely everything in existence that was ever aired on TV and saving it, so it could be anything.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/05/08/tampa-city-council-member-lynn-hurtaks-home-searched-by-fbi/

FBI aren't saying why and wouldn't share the warrant with the Tampa Bay Times, so it's up in the air.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I went to Disney and Universal in March for the first time since I was 13 and I understand some of the disney adult stuff now. Those fuckers have sunk their claws into me and won’t let go and now we’re going back again in January. My sister’s disability gets us free fast passes for the whole trip though which definitely helps.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Oh dang reading about this kid he seems like a Trevor Lawrence or Andrew Luck tier prospect.

I’m sorry Ross :(

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Also gently caress the Chicago Blackhawks, they don’t deserve anything good.

It was reported last night they made more money in season ticket sales in the 90 minutes after they won the lottery ($2.5 million) than they were fined for their whole sexual abuse coverup ($2 million).

Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

This is all providing context for this tweet, so thank you

https://twitter.com/cullenthecomic/status/1655731672317575169