Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pioneer42 posted:

I thought DMT lost its precision damage bonus a while back, and I thought the big deal with vorpal was stacking with the bonus. Is vorpal still considered useful for DMT?

I think they undid the bit about the buff stacks not increasing damage at 5x a while back, but maybe only partially(?). There was some hitch to it, probably the base damage being adjusted in hipfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The RGB glow shader Photo Finish is up for dust this week fyi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Really curious what the technical cause of the 4th Horseman bug is, because they obviously did not fix it at all and just made it impossible to exploit

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
How long do we think it’ll take them to reverse this?

https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1655997635021479972?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who the hell is swapping weapons during a golden gun.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

eh, maybe this is a band-aid till they have a longer term fix but I don't see this being a big deal to like 90% of players. hot-swapping your loadout in combat is some degenerate poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel fairly comfortable saying if you're ever in a situation where a 2 second timeout after changing weapons in your inventory ever meaningfully affects your gameplay, you need to chill the gently caress out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rip solo nezarek runs I guess

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah there's very few circumstances where you might have to do this:

-You just discovered you badly hosed up your loadout

-Your team started the encounter before you were ready

-You are doing some ultra pro MLG bs strat to get around the tradeoffs of only being allowed one build active at a time

The first two wouldn't be fixed by being able to shoot sooner when coming out of inventory and the third I can't really say I have a lot of sympathy for

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I switch guns all the time (at the end of an activity) but I don't think I ever shoot my gun afterward

Some people will swap from a sniper to a Bow when they run out of ammo in pvp but that's Cancerous in the first place so gently caress em

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
In 3v3's I'll swap to another gun quite often. IE: I shoot a witherhoard then swap the witherhoard to a pulse.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s a dumb loving change for the sake of addressing a single gun they can’t actually fix.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

1 year and 3 seasons of adjustments before they just roll it back to neutral.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FlapYoJacks posted:

In 3v3's I'll swap to another gun quite often. IE: I shoot a witherhoard then swap the witherhoard to a pulse.

Why aren't you just running an energy pulse

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

haveblue posted:

If i had to guess, because Kinetic pulses get a slight damage boost that Energy pulses don't.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

T1g4h posted:

If i had to guess, because Kinetic pulses get a slight damage boost that Energy pulses don't.

Kinetic only gets a damage boost in PvE, not PvP.

haveblue posted:

Cheesing the "you drop Special Ammo when you die" penalty by switching to another gun and having no Special Ammo.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

good. gently caress that poo poo

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Kith posted:

Cheesing the "you drop Special Ammo when you die" penalty by switching to another gun and having no Special Ammo.

Oh my god that's even better :lol:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When you run out of special ammo it's common to choose a primary that sort of does a similar thing (bow for sniper) or that lets you handle additional distances (it's better to have Pulse/SMG than an empty Witherhoard/SMG)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

i simply just wait until i get more ammo

Kith posted:

To be fair, you can pretty easily spend that special ammo probably faster the fastest menuing.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s a dumb loving change for the sake of addressing a single gun they can’t actually fix.
again, it feels like it's a change that's not going to effect 99% of players not playing like loving weirdos.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rip solo nezarek runs I guess
so did Solo Nez rely on this 4th Horsemen bug? Cause so much for that "soloable without bugs/exploits" lol

e: Not to mention they made the exotic hot-swapping change for PVP a little while back, I'm not really surprised if bungies not to worried about the side effects of this change seeing as they already have issues with people with fast load times gaining an edge through hot swapping weapons.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 9, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah nobody switches off a Loaded special to deny ammo drops, they just take a shot

Swapping your weapon off of an empty Special is a bog standard practice in 3v3 pvp but the punchline to this joke is obvious

The issue I see is that the last time Bungie messed with swapping and RoF (to cut down on Izanagi swaps & double slug shotgun DPS) they introduced a bug where sometimes your gun has a nearly full second delay before it can fire, under some mysterious circumstances. Everyone has probably experienced it and had a brief WTF moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce some other type of goofery here even that even plagues people who use a single gun for an entire Activity

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 9, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

That's for the SMG or Sidearm.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah nobody switches off a Loaded special to deny ammo drops, they just take a shot

Swapping your weapon off of an empty Special is a bog standard practice in 3v3 pvp but the punchline to this joke is obvious

The issue I see is that the last time Bungie messed with swapping and RoF (to cut down on Izanagi swaps & double slug shotgun DPS) they introduced a bug where sometimes your gun has a nearly full second delay before it can fire, under some mysterious circumstances. Everyone has probably experienced it and had a brief WTF moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce some other type of goofery here even that even plagues people who use a single gun for an entire Activity

It's cool in PVP to pull out your shotgun and have it not fire while you stand and die like a clown

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love this game

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1656051465780367435

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've been having problems getting the Insult to Injury (emote then use finisher on powerful enemies) medal in gg to register since the weekly update

Maybe one in five successful attempts register anymore and it's loving up my plat scores

Fix it bungie

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Paracelsus posted:

I think they undid the bit about the buff stacks not increasing damage at 5x a while back, but maybe only partially(?). There was some hitch to it, probably the base damage being adjusted in hipfire.

DMT has had a pretty beefy change history since it came out in S13. Originally cranial spike boosted damage and reload (maybe other stats, I don't recall), but now Cranial Spike boosts range, aim assistance, and reload speed. Something about rate of fire is still in play, but I do not think damage ramps any longer. It's actually kind of hard to figure out exactly what the current state of the perk is, since Light.GG is vague as is DIM. That leaves Reddit posts, which are...... let's say dubious.

Any full time theologians/TWAB archivers in here who can figure out the exact status, lol? It's such a pain in the rear end.

EDIT: DMT is still my most used kinetic weapon of all time, even though I haven't really touched it significantly since the nerfs hit halfway through WQ. I used to have it equipped throughout the entirety of Vow, since it had a use case for each room (against caretaker, for example, a Vorpal DMT could do nearly 25k/headshot to caretaker at max stacks of Cranial Spike). The nerfs to Cranial Spike made that plummet, although you could do less damage more quickly at least. It's probably better now, even though the good ol' days of DMT being god tier are gone. A shame, since if I recall the Bungie reasoning behind the nerfs, the tuning came from a desire to fix the weapon in PVP, and they hadn't yet taken a half step into the "for certain exotics we'll just nerf them for PVP or PVE specifically, not affecting the other side" camp.

Forward_Bee fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 9, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

To be fair, you can pretty easily spend that special ammo probably faster the fastest menuing.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You would think, but I've seen it happen and explained for that exact reason, especially with Witherhoard. :shrug:

e: poo poo it was explained to me as the primary justification for getting an SSD even

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Forward_Bee posted:

DMT has had a pretty beefy change history since it came out in S13. Originally cranial spike boosted damage and reload (maybe other stats, I don't recall), but now Cranial Spike boosts range, aim assistance, and reload speed. Something about rate of fire is still in play, but I do not think damage ramps any longer. It's actually kind of hard to figure out exactly what the current state of the perk is, since Light.GG is vague as is DIM. That leaves Reddit posts, which are...... let's say dubious.

Any full time theologians/TWAB archivers in here who can figure out the exact status, lol? It's such a pain in the rear end.

EDIT: DMT is still my most used kinetic weapon of all time, even though I haven't really touched it significantly since the nerfs hit halfway through WQ. I used to have it equipped throughout the entirety of Vow, since it had a use case for each room (against caretaker, for example, a Vorpal DMT could do nearly 25k/headshot to caretaker at max stacks of Cranial Spike). The nerfs to Cranial Spike made that plummet, although you could do less damage more quickly at least. It's probably better now, even though the good ol' days of DMT being god tier are gone. A shame, since if I recall the Bungie reasoning behind the nerfs, the tuning came from a desire to fix the weapon in PVP, and they hadn't yet taken a half step into the "for certain exotics we'll just nerf them for PVP or PVE specifically, not affecting the other side" camp.

This is the best resource for any 'Hmm, I wonder how exactly [Thing] works!'

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WaxvbLx7UoSZaBqdFr1u32F2uWVLo-CJunJB4nlGUE4/edit?usp=sharing

It can sometimes have a few too many like.. jokes? For how serious and complete it is? Like he'll have a detailed breakdown of how Volatile works but then he'll replace the name with Purple People Deleter for no reason. But it's an impressive tome.

Currently DMT gets 3.25% to 16.25% from 1x to 5x stacks, against Combatants only.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is the best resource for any 'Hmm, I wonder how exactly [Thing] works!'

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WaxvbLx7UoSZaBqdFr1u32F2uWVLo-CJunJB4nlGUE4/edit?usp=sharing

It can sometimes have a few too many like.. jokes? For how serious and complete it is? Like he'll have a detailed breakdown of how Volatile works but then he'll replace the name with Purple People Deleter for no reason. But it's an impressive tome.

Currently DMT gets 3.25% to 16.25% from 1x to 5x stacks, against Combatants only.

He hangs out in our PVP server! he's....really good at the game

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

heated game moment posted:

He hangs out in our PVP server! he's....really good at the game

Jesus! Why do I even play this game! These people are freaks of nature

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Jesus! Why do I even play this game! These people are freaks of nature

He has like 12K trials kills with Fighting Lion. It's simple geometry

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
gently caress me, Arms Dealer goes from the Nightfall to the Guardian Games comp list. I'm already sick this strike!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/tapisbadatgames/status/1655932750619369475?s=20

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

stupid post

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Nightfall is Glassware with Buzzard, yay. And the GG Nightfall is Arms Dealer? Interesting. Does the GG NF drop a different NF gun, if at all?

I'm just mopping up stuff for the last couple weeks, nice and relaxing stuff. It's great.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I know it SAYS you can get nightfall and exotic stuff from the GG playlist, but has it actually happened for anyone? I know did at least 15 of them last week cause I did the thing for the seal, but I sure as poo poo didn't get any militias. I think I got an exotic exactly once, but I'm pretty certain it was from the pinnacle reward.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Nightfall is Glassware with Buzzard, yay. And the GG Nightfall is Arms Dealer? Interesting. Does the GG NF drop a different NF gun, if at all?

I'm just mopping up stuff for the last couple weeks, nice and relaxing stuff. It's great.

GG NF has been dropping Buzzards for me all day.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

you don't need to describe what you're doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Actually, upgrade my bullshit claims from earlier, because tbh I haven't seen Titans lose a round in a week now.

Just watched four Thundercrashes all occur, and Blade Barrage isn't even at 30%.