Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Speaking of toys, Onstad is asking for people of all trades (an exorcist even rofl) but I'm most excited for the Horologist (I want a simple, no frills Beef Watch.. and a Ray one that writes a blog about your day.. maybe use the AI for this?) and Toy designers/Makers. I'd love a litte articulated Ray with a tiny martini glass, detachable King Chochacho Medallion, maybe even a spare thong to be stolen by Todd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

receiving the news of revived achewood with the same good-for-them nonchalance as learning that sunny day real estate is touring again or that clone high is doing a new season

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tall Tale Teller posted:

It's crazy that people got mad about what is basically a toy.

I think its neat that a fake Ray can answer a dumb question, and it sorta basically sounds like if Onstad was writing it.

I wonder if everyone was this loving cranky when the eggs and milk minder was up? I hope they knew it was a dang joke too. For laffs.

I can't believe Onstad would do this!

Also I'm ambivalent over 'AI can produce funny' as I got a lot of laughs having the 'UnlimitedSteam' twitch stream playing in the background a month or two back, Chalmers and Skinner voiced AI bots endlessly rehashing the 'Steamed Hams' scene but with all manner of weird foods and strange happenings. The fact that Skinner in the original script says 'Ye Gods' and 'delightfully devilish, Seymour', meant the chat generator took that to often springboard off to Skinner going into long monologues beseeching the Gods or the Devil for assistance in the kitchen.

There were hundreds of the sketches generated, there's an archive of just a few of them here:

https://www.youtube.com/@UnlimitedSteamArchive/videos

Of course you still need to human-curate the output and have final say on what runs on your stream, as this project discovered when Skinner decided he was cooking 'The Steamed Ashkenazi Jews' and the stream was permabanned :o:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Me asking RayBot about his favourite weed strain alone is proof enough that AI isn’t all bad

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
furiously reading nu-achewood for the phrase chilipeper drat you onstaaaaaaaad

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

World War Mammories posted:

man to each their own I guess because toby huss rules and the inflection of "oh that's right! I put two thousand flushes in the toilet last night!" has been making me laugh for years

I didn't like his Ray...yet the read (and arm motion) of "but in a way that will be too strong for some people", "yawn yawn yawny yawn", and "come look at my toilet dude" live in my skull forever for some reason.

Other thing I can't shake: the blogs only saga where Ray horrified everyone by eating a series of weirder and weirder meats at an asian restaurant , culminating in him basically swallowing an entire live bird. Either Beef or Teodor wrote about it at length, while the only comment ray made was "I ate something that disagreed with me a couple of days ago".

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Phy posted:

I asked Raybot what the appropriate amount of money was to give someone if you accidentally destroyed a beloved musical instrument they owned

6 hundo didn't enter into it at all

That ain't Ray, it is a Thing wearing Ray's Face

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

LieBotBot could go places.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
What's this then? NOT the recipe for homemade napalm?!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

well I'll be damned, he posted another one

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

nu-Achewood 2 is out, in which we find evidence that Ray might have trouble with his prostate.

"Hummm-fuddly ump-bump"

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Wonder if this is related to his chronic piss shivers. Need to get Dr Andretti to investigate. What capabilities does one gain from an AIBO prostate?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

You don't want to know where you have to stick the paperclip to reset it.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Well Ray's no stranger to that

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ah, old Colonel Ephraim.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Chas McGill posted:

Wonder if this is related to his chronic piss shivers. Need to get Dr Andretti to investigate. What capabilities does one gain from an AIBO prostate?
The Commodore is now 8% more fun.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

haha yeah. gotta make sure ray is hale so he can invite envelopé, milklin, and uncle george to gin ocean redux: the dude has got no mercy. because you can do whatever you want in life.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I named my old ipod Gin Ocean back in 2008.

I didn't realize until recently that Gin Ocean is not an anagram of Ignorance.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I named my old ipod Gin Ocean back in 2008.

I didn't realize until recently that Gin Ocean is not an anagram of Ignorance.

It is if you toss the ‘r’

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

I dunno about bringing this Winnie the Pooh weirdness into it - it feels like more relatively weak post-High School stuff. I just want to see Some Knuckleheads From The Day banter like old times.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

RocketMermaid posted:

I dunno about bringing this Winnie the Pooh weirdness into it - it feels like more relatively weak post-High School stuff. I just want to see Some Knuckleheads From The Day banter like old times.

I dunno reminds me of the Charlie Brown strip(which I think we can all agree is a classic), plus Roast Beef's reaction to seeing Pooh is gold

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Youremother posted:

Well Ray's no stranger to that

you best believe that if ray got to get his rump scrambled he has no problem taking power back there

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I liked the new strip, I wonder if the schedule is going to be a comic every Friday? From the text below it sounds like Onstad has banked up a couple.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Goddamn do I hate reading things through Patreon's UI.

But hey, Achewood.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It sucks. Right click+ open image in a new tab makes it a lot better

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

moot the hopple posted:

Oh gently caress I didn't know it was Toby Huss! I guess credit to him as a voice actor because I didn't pick up any hints of him in it. Still doesn't sound like Ray to me.

Maybe Ray's voice is just a platonic ideal that exists in my head and neither AI or voice acting will ever replicate it.

I remember years ago reading an article or interview with Onstad and he said that Toby Huss tried out his Ray-voice and Onstad told him something like, "That's close! Now make him 20lbs heavier and from three blocks over"

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I think that Ray sounds like the exact middle of the three members of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

I dunno reminds me of the Charlie Brown strip(which I think we can all agree is a classic), plus Roast Beef's reaction to seeing Pooh is gold

The Charlie Brown strip was great, and the new Charlie Brown prose piece was great. They're already churning out new Peanuts books without Schultz, might as well bring Onstad on board.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mutantIke posted:

I think that Ray sounds like the exact middle of the three members of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Honestly I always felt something similar to Jake The Dog's voice felt closest to how Ray sounds in my head

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

While it isn't how I hear him in my head, somebody once said they imagined Ray sounded like Big Smoke from GTA: San Andreas and I just thought that was wonderful :allears:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I always hear Ray as Seth Rogan

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

You can hear Ray's true voice, but only if you put the Quinn within six inches of the baying hematite.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

awoooo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

since achewood's been back have we learned anything new about hitler's dick?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

:raise: What? Are there any sluts at my house?

(I always imagined Ray's voice as being a higher register, kinda nasal thing. He comes from privilege, the colloquial hood is a rich kid affect.)

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Ray definitely has a specific voice in my head but any time I try to identify anything about it I completely forget what it sounds like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

I got some of Ray's input concerning a trip out for Chinese food