Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the mass shooting thread is also a disaster because a) its a "mass shooting megathread" in The Funny Politics Forum and b) like half the thread is against gun control because they might need guns for an armed revolution, so all that gets posted is blaming every mass shooting on capitalism

thankfully they're IKing it after someone got banned for lolling at mass shooting victims at a bank or something

It was a bloodthirsty excitement that more bankers could've been killed. Like a "aim better next time" vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the mass shooting thread is also a disaster because a) its a "mass shooting megathread" in The Funny Politics Forum and b) like half the thread is against gun control because they might need guns for an armed revolution, so all that gets posted is blaming every mass shooting on capitalism

thankfully they're IKing it after someone got banned for lolling at mass shooting victims at a bank or something

IIRC someone said that since it was bank employees that died it was cool and good, actually.

E: Owned by the Forums Rememberer.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its not even for big mass shootings, people just post any link they can find from their local tv stations and make themselves paranoid idiots like their racist suburban parents who are afraid of the cities

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im not really surprised because it happens on weird leftie twitter as well but its still amazing when they come to the same conclusion of "we can't ban guns because then nobody will stop the bad guys with guns", but leftishly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Posting in the mass shooting thread everytime I see a “bad shoot” in the lepers colony

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im not really surprised because it happens on weird leftie twitter as well but its still amazing when they come to the same conclusion of "we can't ban guns because then nobody will stop the bad guys with guns", but leftishly
in both cases its just people who feel miserable in their lives craving the idea of power

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pog boyfriend posted:

girl like me? miserable isnt even on the table. im inventing new emotions like "develated" and only feeling that because im so 2008

(de/un)elevate your self

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
my alma mater had swans in the lake and they were so beautiful and i loved walking past them on the way to class, which cut directly next to the lake. then they had goslings and i had to start hauling rear end to class or else their special meter would fill

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I could easily fight a swan

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Picturing being the poor fool who walks near the pond right as the swan's overlimit gauge fills and they drop their mystic arte.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
getting pwned by a Super Effective Brave Bird as i try to get to chem lab ftl

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I could easily fight a swan

That's a no win. You're either the loser who got beat by a swan or you're the rear end in a top hat who beat up a swan.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

birds arent real anyway

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I finished Yakuza 6 and really enjoyed it. I feel like it was unfairly maligned. It also made me want to replay Kiwami 2 so I started a run on hard and goddamn enemies hit like trains now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's nice that the swans were able to adopt goslings

copy
Jul 26, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

birds arent real anyway

its fun to pretend tho

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

If I wasn't on my phone, I'd track down the video of a British wildlife rescuer very patiently working to free a cygnet stuck in a fence while the parent swan just loses its poo poo at him

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i have a terrible confession

i have never played Yakuza. i just watched the let's play of it that was done on the forums :ohdear:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
actually playing yakuza isn't for everyone, but seeing it is

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Posting in the mass shooting thread everytime I see a “bad shoot” in the lepers colony

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Posting good shoot when some wealthy guy in BFC gets probed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FirstnameLastname posted:

loving insane

the whole thing was streamed live, you could see the crowd crush happening and hear people, it was awful

grim detail: the Apple iMusic live streaming platform pretty much caused it

it's the huge horizontal barrier making the third wall that trapped people trying to head away from the stage (orange is where ppl died)

its p. hosed how nobody at livenation or apple was ever held accountable for that

also how drake came out like 90 minutes after 6-7 fatalities were already confirmed, did a 20 minute set to close out the show, and then went to dave & busters with travis afterwards

Is this what happened at the fortnite Travis Scott concert and why it hasn't come back?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Gumi is proof that birds aren't real, no creature could be that ridiculous

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wild turkeys are assholes

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

actually playing yakuza isn't for everyone, but seeing it is

except for 0, which is in fact For Everyone

the rest of them require a certain baseline tolerance of dated bullshit mechanics

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best disco song is Koi No Disco Queen

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
nah it’s Queen of Passion but honestly all of the disco rules

also I should be clear that 0 also has dated bullshit mechanics but it doesn’t matter because within the first hour you get karaoke, grimy worldbuilding and one of the best long battle setpieces in the entire series

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 9, 2023

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I hope they remaster God Hand at some point

I had it as a digital download on PS3 (and had to make a fake US account funded by prepaid PSN cards) to play it at all

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Drinkslinger posted:

I hope they remaster God Hand at some point

I had it as a digital download on PS3 (and had to make a fake US account funded by prepaid PSN cards) to play it at all

So what's the real story about God Hand? It become infamous because a reviewer game it a really bad score because he was so bad at the game is the one I've heard.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Not just one reviewer, tons of them. It reviewed terribly because it's a pretty weird and idiosyncratic game that reviewers couldn't get their heads around.

Then it became a cult classic because it turns out as soon as you do get your head around it it whips rear end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

god hand is a pretty ugly late ps2 game that punishes new players hard. its a good game but its graphics are best described as 'dynasty warriors 5' even if the character designs are decent and its plot is mostly just a series of gags accompanied by a loose riff on devil may cry 3. its music is good but beyond that the only real appeal point it has is its gameplay, and its gameplay is a punishing 3d brawler. a good one, but it has a lot of esoteric mechanics and doesn't ease you in at all.

shockingly this did not go over well with game reviewers who only play a game for a couple of hours.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Pretty much. Review said it was awful with repetitive enemies and no variety. It was obvious the reviewer never got past the first couple stages

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Greg Kasavin, who would later be a founder of Supergiant Games, gave God Hand an 8.0 which i think is the correct score for God Hand

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
a swan drowned a man once

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sincerely doubt it could have drowned him twice

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

sincerely doubt it could have drowned him twice
You underestimate the swan and this is why you will perish

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Alaois posted:

Greg Kasavin, who would later be a founder of Supergiant Games, gave God Hand an 8.0 which i think is the correct score for God Hand

the GameSpot reviewers were the only real ones in the whole business which is why they got fired

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

pentyne posted:

So what's the real story about God Hand? It become infamous because a reviewer game it a really bad score because he was so bad at the game is the one I've heard.

it’s worth noting that this was long before Twitch and YouTube could save obscure games, and big reviews could really sink something strange that didn’t have a marketing budget.

I also speculate that reviewers generally feel like they have to be too even-handed and safe in reviews, and some relish the opportunity to tear a game to shreds when it’s an easy target.

Furthermore, I think as we entered the 360 generation, there was a general skepticism/revulsion at anything that was too archaic, goofy, colorful or especially Japanese. This was the same year as dark realistic Bomberman.

I think a game like God Hand would stand a much better shot if it released today. Difficulty can be a selling point, along with camp. Sifu is an extremely challenging 3D brawler that released recently and quickly found a following.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

getting pwned by a Super Effective Brave Bird as i try to get to chem lab ftl

3DS brave bird is the sickest pokemon move of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Marcade posted:

That's a no win. You're either the loser who got beat by a swan or you're the rear end in a top hat who beat up a swan.

Bob Odenkirk's new AMC series Lucky Hank proposed a third option, though it was a goose.