Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Eventually you figure out that fight and it's just a cakewalk :) Eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

step on the skulls before they hatch into skelelarvae

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

totalnewbie posted:

Eventually you figure out that fight and it's just a cakewalk :) Eventually

No no. The fight is easy. It's just a grind to get to it and after 8(?) kills now, no diadem and this last one dropped some lovely shield that's worth even less than the flask or the robe.
The only way she kills me now is if I run out of mana

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

otoh, with a calm and serene mind, and much internal reflection, come to the conclusion that bossing in this game is for chumps

its maps for me, please

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

otoh, with a calm and serene mind, and much internal reflection, come to the conclusion that bossing in this game is for chumps

its maps for me, please

yupp. i will pay someone to sit in the 1000 invuln phases every boss has in this game so i can get my voidstones and then never think about bosses again for the rest of the league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Frank Frank posted:

No no. The fight is easy. It's just a grind to get to it and after 8(?) kills now, no diadem and this last one dropped some lovely shield that's worth even less than the flask or the robe.
The only way she kills me now is if I run out of mana

Is this the part where we mention that the drop rates for her uniques was rebalanced this league and which probably decreased the drop rate for the helm?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Are you specced into betrayal modes? Having 10 int per map completed and also 2 rank up per execute means you can get intelligence really quickly, esp if you don't care (as much) about rewards themselves and just want Catarina.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
There's a compass (very cheap) that doubles intelligence gains too. I would recommend getting them + jun compasses to guarantee jun every map.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao you’ve gotta be kidding me. Just dropped from some weird unique map in a Kirac mission:

Also got a bunch of other weird items with space backgrounds that don’t seem super special but they look cool I guess. What are the odds?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Use your Incubators ffs. That's free loot.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Use your Incubators ffs. That's free loot.

(I wasn’t entirely sure how those worked)

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Frank Frank posted:

(I wasn’t entirely sure how those worked)

You put them on your equipment and after x amount of monster kills, they drop loot. They will not gently caress up any of your gear at all. Worst case scenario, you replace the gear before the incubator is finished, but who cares. Use them!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My resists are jacked. I need to figure out how to fix them before I can use this ring.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

poemdexter posted:

You put them on your equipment and after x amount of monster kills, they drop loot. They will not gently caress up any of your gear at all. Worst case scenario, you replace the gear before the incubator is finished, but who cares. Use them!

Will do. Just hadn't gotten around to figuring out what they did.

What's the significance of the items with the weird moving starry background effect?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Dum Cumpster posted:

Either I'm going to hit it big or uninstall myself right at the table

pls dont uninstall yourself

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Frank Frank posted:

Will do. Just hadn't gotten around to figuring out what they did.

What's the significance of the items with the weird moving starry background effect?

Those are influenced items. They have special mods that can appear on them that do not appear on normal items. If you have the detailed text or whatever on the item, you can see the mods named "Elder", "Hunter", etc.

Those other weird border items that you found in that synthesis map are maybe fractured or synthesized. Fractured is when one of the mods on the item are uneditable meaning that you can scour the item but that single mod will stay. They have gold text instead of white. Very useful if you find boots with fractured movespeed or other items with T1 mods. Synthesized is when the item is given a random implicit mod. If an item had a implicit mod already (like rings, belts, and jewelry) then the mod will be replaced with a random one.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao you’ve gotta be kidding me. Just dropped from some weird unique map in a Kirac mission:

Also got a bunch of other weird items with space backgrounds that don’t seem super special but they look cool I guess. What are the odds?

Odds are pretty much 100%. Those are the synthesized maps. They all have special icons and say something about "memory" in the name, other than Cortex, which is Big Super Special one with a boss that has multiple phases.

I feel I get one most, if not every?, synth map. The rings have a small set of specific mods they can have.

The "space background", and other effects you'll see on items like that at times, are because they're influenced in some way. That means they can roll specific mods to that influence. "Space background" would mean it's a Shaper item, I think. They also get special little icons to the left and right of the name in the title bar of the item.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh ok. Thanks. I'll check and see if any of them look interesting.

Any idea how I can find another +24 cold resist because I'm at a loss. I don't want to look for a helm since I'll probably be either running or buying a diadem soon anyway.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are passives that increase elemental resists, but check out jewels first

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Frank Frank posted:

Oh ok. Thanks. I'll check and see if any of them look interesting.

Any idea how I can find another +24 cold resist because I'm at a loss. I don't want to look for a helm since I'll probably be either running or buying a diadem soon anyway.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/sony/Crucible/ZdR2Mb6TQ

Your boots could also be better.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Also spam some lesser embers on your boots until you get increased action speed and then slam some lesser ichors until you get Poisons you inflict deal Damage #% faster. (Unless you really need that enchant, but I doubt it)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jay Rust posted:

There are passives that increase elemental resists, but check out jewels first

oh good call! Yeah I can totally plug the hole with a jewel for now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Eezee posted:

Also spam some lesser embers on your boots until you get increased action speed and then slam some lesser ichors until you get Poisons you inflict deal Damage #% faster. (Unless you really need that enchant, but I doubt it)

The enchant seems to be from the goddess trial because I was able to add an ichor and ember enchantment as well. I don't have enough of them though. Where do I farm those? I don't really want to pay for them if I don't have to.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Run maps under Eater/Exarch influence. The Lesser versions can drop wherever, but you're more likely to get them from their respective mobs and the altars give a chance for the higher tiered ones to drop.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Run maps under Eater/Exarch influence. The Lesser versions can drop wherever, but you're more likely to get them from their respective mobs and the altars give a chance for the higher tiered ones to drop.

Oh ok. I'm doing that anyway.

Ok, switching out a jewel and upgrading my other ring for ~40c will get me to max elemental resists.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 9, 2023

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
frost blades trickster question. which do you think is better:
1. Heartstopper (40% reduced damage from hits/dots, 5 secs every 10 secs),
2. Escape Artist (+ES per 6 EV on chest) with Ghost Shroud?
3. ghost shroud + 5pts to path up to Pain Attunement for a immortal ambition

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Heartstopper is particularly bad, while Escape Artist is solid and leads to two different very good ES defensive nodes.
When I did a CI trickster I picked up the ES overleech node, but I'm guessing frostblade trickster is a very different setup.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Exarch dead. gently caress that guy.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Exarch dead. gently caress that guy.

Honestly once you get used to the ball phase it can be fun if you're on a build that's built for it (fast enough, can maybe tank one, has a good skill to blink behind them, doesn't have a ton of visual clutter making navigating things impossible, etc.)

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Don’t forget to energize your balls for the next fight

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i generally like the exarch fight but he'll randomly go balls phase seemingly back to back and just running around for 2 minutes or whatever suuuucks

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
All map bonus conditions are done minus some of the uniques I haven't seen yet. Is the Eater of Worlds as annoying as Exarch? My issue with Exarch was twofold:
1) Even using totems to try and run interference, that ball phase would kill me every single time
2) He covers the ground in those glowing glyphs that deal damage over time very quickly. With the way my build works, I have to get close to him in order to hit him so when he covers all of the ground underneath himself, it's something of an issue.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Good news: no ball phase

Bad news: still has a "move correctly or die" mechanic, can one-shot you from off-screen, arena has an annoying mechanic that will insta-kill you

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Eater is a lot simpler and easier than Exarch, although Exarch definitely is considered one of the easier bosses as well. Getting hit by the balls is purely a mechanical thing. Avoid the balls as long as possible by running into gaps and use Flame Dash when there's nowhere left to run to dodge a wave.
Usually its worth having a set of high level Purity auras for bossing. Against most pinnacle bosses Grace is basically useless and they mostly deal one type of damage, so you can instead of Grace boost your maximum resistances to the relevant element by a lot. Same goes for resistance flasks for a specific element instead of a Jade flask. With a Ruby Flask and lvl20 Purity of Fire you should at least survive two balls, which is a lot and gives you way more time to react.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait hold up, I can dash through the balls without taking damage?

Utility flasks are a good idea though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah even with maxed resists the specific elemental resist flasks are good for bossing because they provide additional damage reduction to that element on top of the actual resists

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

I'm not sure about Dash since Dash is a garbage ability that everyone just ditches the moment they get a better one, but you can absolutely Flame Dash over the balls without taking damage.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
flame dash having 3 charges is so stupidly good that i can't believe they haven't nerfed it yet. i don't think i've ever used another move skill longer than absolutely necessary since they added that and extended the range

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s not instant cast I guess which is what “balances” it

I’ve def died in the cast time before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
first cast has been instant since the move skill rework, but if you chain cast it more than once it has cast time, so technically there is a short cooldown between casts.
but it's like 1 second or some poo poo until you run out of charges so still way faster than frostblink or whatever, though not as consistent since the charge cooldown is a bit longer