Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Riverboats makes travelling up and down river by water a real option. If gliders didn't love to disappear you could make a really cool vehicle to do land sea and air I bet.

Actually... Is the glider the only thing that can glide or can you make aerodynamic wood crafts too? I also keep meaning to try and build a helicopter by sticking a wheel sidewalks to a pole and the putting something for the copter blades. Won't fly without rockets, but it'll be a cool picture.

I never made it to desert today lol. Tomorrow either desert or copter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I think gliders have magic properties for aerodynamics, I've dropped a lot of poo poo and haven't seen anything else do anything that isn't "obey gravity" yet

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Kart Barfunkel posted:

How are the load times?

Effectively unchanged from BotW, but the load screens are more entertaining/informative (if you're warpng they show a map of where you're leaving that transitions to where you're going).

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Points of cheese that may or may not be totally obvious:

1. Light Roots correspond to exact positions of shrines. You can essentially cross reference either map and stamp directly above or below any shrine or root where you've found one but not the other.

2. You can turn anything in the game that you can stand on and grab into an elevator or moving platform just by grabbing it and moving it the opposite of where you want it to go then recalling it.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

BabyRyoga posted:

Points of cheese that may or may not be totally obvious:

1. Light Roots correspond to exact positions of shrines. You can essentially cross reference either map and stamp directly above or below any shrine or root where you've found one but not the other.

2. You can turn anything in the game that you can stand on and grab into an elevator or moving platform just by grabbing it and moving it the opposite of where you want it to go then recalling it.

The first one cheese is clued to via an in game tool tip and apparently is explicitly told to you by an NPC dialogue that i might have missed? But yeah, I thought I was clever when I realized this on own lol.

Speaking of tool tips, is there a way to just see them all? The load times are fast enough that I feel like trying to thumb through them with A wouldn't really work.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
No, there's definitely a limit on how many they will display at once. I figured out my Yuzu speedup issues were because I had limiter set to 200, since I had last played Arceus which kinda needed it prelaunch when I beat it. The loading screen tooltips went faster and after a few it stopped letting you pick new ones even if there was more loading time.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
goddammit i want to play this game already

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Spoil me on this, is there much erhu played in the main soundtrack?

(Thats that eastern stringed instrument you can hear in the first half of the theme. It sounds absolutely perfect.)

https://youtu.be/2yuKMCPzokA

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Is very hard to stop playing!

I found the underworld and I made a Tank-Rover-StadiumLamp thing to explore it, then I found something awesome and had to abandon the rover. Looking at the map, I have not even explored a 15%, and was rolling around in this vehicle.

One thing that would limit my vehicle building is the pilot device. I only had 5 and wasted all of them, so no more vehicles for a while, or I would have to farm cores and gacha-me some more, I guess.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Spoil me on this, is there much erhu played in the main soundtrack?

(Thats that eastern stringed instrument you can hear in the first half of the theme. It sounds absolutely perfect.)

https://youtu.be/2yuKMCPzokA

I don't think so but it's irritatingly hard to recall specifically-- most of the old-location overworld/town music is either identical or nearly-identical to Breath of the Wild, a lot of the new overworld music is as ambient and understated as ever, and the new dungeon-specific music loving slaps in a way that's extremely kickass because not only are they good tracks, but the music layers and builds on itself each time you hit a checkpoint in the dungeon...

but there's 0 way to actually listen to that music again once you've completed the dungeon/fight it's associated with, and nintendo's obviously hitting any video that hums the notes too loudly with a DMCA.

:negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sounds like it's prime time for silvagunna to upload a bunch of snow halation TotK tracks

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tei posted:

I found the underworld and I made a Tank-Rover-StadiumLamp thing to explore it, then I found something awesome and had to abandon the rover. Looking at the map, I have not even explored a 15%, and was rolling around in this vehicle.

One thing that would limit my vehicle building is the pilot device. I only had 5 and wasted all of them, so no more vehicles for a while, or I would have to farm cores and gacha-me some more, I guess.

Do yourself a large favor and check out the structure in the depths underneath the great plateau-- mechanics spoilers, you'll get an ability that lets you save any construction and will replace any parts you don't have with a "fake" part that just costs some zonaite instead. Larger/more complicated the part the more it costs, but a control stick is one of the cheap parts that only costs 3 zoanite

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Do yourself a large favor and check out the structure in the depths underneath the great plateau-- mechanics spoilers, you'll get an ability that lets you save any construction and will replace any parts you don't have with a "fake" part that just costs some zonaite instead. Larger/more complicated the part the more it costs, but a control stick is one of the cheap parts that only costs 3 zoanite

Is that the ultrahand?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Go to the temple of time and pray and then do church stuff because it's a fantastic journey.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Sounds like it's prime time for silvagunna to upload a bunch of snow halation TotK tracks

please no

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wiltsghost posted:

Is that the ultrahand?

autobuild, ultrahand is the first thing you get in the tutorial area

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Oh, duh, that's what I meant. I found that last night, what a nice ability to have.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wiltsghost posted:

Oh, duh, that's what I meant. I found that last night, what a nice ability to have.

the ability to generate from thin air literally any object you can pick up and had the foresight to glue to something else has untapped comedic potential the likes of which I have barely begun to scratch, I suspect

case in point I remembered just now that I stuck some explosives to each other not long ago

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

the ability to generate from thin air literally any object you can pick up and had the foresight to glue to something else has untapped comedic potential the likes of which I have barely begun to scratch, I suspect

case in point I remembered just now that I stuck some explosives to each other not long ago

does this really work?!?!, it confuse and arouse me

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tei posted:

does this really work?!?!, it confuse and arouse me

probably shouldn't be using imgur for this, has our forum hit the mid-aughts advanced technology levels to allow for attaching multiple files in a post yet

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Also it means Robbie moves to the lab so you can unlock Hero's Path, Traveller's Medallionx3 etc

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

probably shouldn't be using imgur for this, has our forum hit the mid-aughts advanced technology levels to allow for attaching multiple files in a post yet

:eyepop:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

:-O

I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Tei fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 10, 2023

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I feel like I've played for ages and I'm still on the tutorial island, this game is so big, and there's so much poo poo in it, I love it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

I feel like I've played for ages and I'm still on the tutorial island, this game is so big, and there's so much poo poo in it, I love it.

It's not only big. It's *alive*.
Wait til you get down to Hyrule. Please post thoughts.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Powers Spoiler:

Alright I thought it was annoying before, but running through Hyrule Castle hallways trying to hit the button on the right hero power I want while they all run around in a big blue blob sucks. I get I can dismiss the ones I don't want, but there really should have been a better way for this.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
alright I have apparently missed out on things

I am trying to solve for rito right now

how do I get to the higher sky islands? I get you can launch up through the sheikah towers but that rarely goes up to their altitude in the first place, and stuff like shield rockers only goes so far and is consumable besides

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stupid rear end game won't accept my upright penis mobile because it doesn't recognize stabilizer balanced vehicles since it thinks you'll fall off steering wheel.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

Stupid rear end game won't accept my upright penis mobile because it doesn't recognize stabilizer balanced vehicles since it thinks you'll fall off steering wheel.

Hold it upright for a while, time reverse it, and clamber on?

surely you don't need it erect for more than 30 seconds right

Gamerofthegame posted:

how do I get to the higher sky islands? I get you can launch up through the sheikah towers but that rarely goes up to their altitude in the first place, and stuff like shield rockers only goes so far and is consumable besides

honestly for the really high poo poo, the only thing that seemed to work was finding the highest nearby island, making a powered glider to gain as much distance+altitude as possible before it evaporates into microplastics, and old-fashioned glide the rest of the way with as many stamina potions as you can fit in your pockets

also probably get a travellers medallion first so you can drop it if you need to leave and come back later

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
unrelated, being able to do something as simple as "construct a tent out of two rock blocks so you can camp and wait in the rain" is a tremendous improvement

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

alright I have apparently missed out on things

I am trying to solve for rito right now

You should be able to climb and use your glider for most of it. Don't forget your ascend ability thing, you have to use that for a few parts. Also the jump pads on the viking ships. I didn't have to make anything to get up there but it was sort of a pain in spots.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

You should be able to climb and use your glider for most of it. Don't forget your ascend ability thing, you have to use that for a few parts. Also the jump pads on the viking ships. I didn't have to make anything to get up there but it was sort of a pain in spots.

The Wind Temple was my favorite of the 4 by far.

Even the music was epic

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Wiltsghost posted:

I just made a flying ballon and ate a few of the infinite energy pills. I am not good at videogames, and the skill required to do that with the help of our friend was too much for me.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I enjoyed making my way up it but it took a looong time.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought the whole ride was epic and smooth.

This is why my Link never brings anyone home, they can't handle his interior decor style

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Fire Temple was the one that took me forever. I couldn't get my bearings at all in that

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Tei posted:

Stick a light flower to your vehicle, saves you power.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stick it while you're on it, else it will fire off your rockets and fly away without yoy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

queeb posted:

yeah you werent lying, it really helps.

also lol you can see so far when emulating:

BotW in CEMU is particularly wild, because there are graphical mods to do stuff like increase draw distance detail. It'd be so great to be able to do something like that for this, but I'm not sure if it's as doable with the Switch version (compared to the Wii U of BotW that had all these mods).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Where do I get a fast horse? I've just been gliding everywhere and using towers and spawning gliders covered in rockets with the gmod duplicator because I hate my slow horse