Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mulaney Power Move posted:

For instance - I realized that, when I downloaded a torrent with 34 Neil Young albums, Neil himself might show up at my house with a credit card reader and demand payment in his shakey voice.

If that worked I'd be downloading so many albums just for the chance to meet celebrities. Apologies in advance to my bank account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I too have betrayed Nintendo. My brother and I owned almost every NES Wisdom Tree game. Spiritual Warfare is actually much more demonic and violent than Zelda.

The Pinkertons have been dispatched to your location. Thank you for assisting Nintendo in rooting out the disloyal

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Please understand.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I thought this was fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz-9aX2isvA

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIJODMsYbkc

Rated M in Australia???

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Picked up back Age of Calamity.

It is, uh, a musou indeed. Also the tracking system sucks balls, can't do any quests.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I am behind the times. So if I modify a game I bought and put footage of it on youtube, that's illegal? What's the illegal part? Modding it or putting it on youtube?

Something doesn't need to be illegal to issue a takedown or to get a website to otherwise take something down at request. Wasn't that long ago Nintendo was trying to fight to keep anyone from streaming their games or uploading videos of any of their games lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

Rated M in Australia???

M for Mates

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
In Australia, M is like PG-13. MA 15+ is the one kids can't buy without a parent.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/Hank_Thompson/status/1656059289293950976

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

This is a good spot. I wonder what the 15 second cut might look like though.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

https://twitter.com/alecrobbins/status/1656063848582107136?s=46&t=WLc0GyyG56Ptvk5fGt4GyA

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ogmius815 posted:

Good. That’s what DMCA is designed to do. I’m not crying for anyone who got a strongly worded letter on a law firm letterhead because they just couldn’t wait three days to post their TotK content.

Gross.

Augus posted:

nintendo issuing takedowns for :filez: is to be expected but them going after random youtubers for poo poo like modding BoTW to replace all the koroks with waluigi or whatever is pretty dumb

It's dumb and bad and it's attacking people that love their games for no reason and for no financial benefit. Every publisher doesn't behave like this!!!

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 10, 2023

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This has happened to me today.

Getting back from work, I was tired, broken, hopeless. Feeling like a shitsanwitch.

Playing game has ... put a smiley in my face :D, al stress gone, human again. YMMV. What I would not do is play the game in the bus like a idiot.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
running around getting korok seeds in botw because i felt like motorcycling around hyrule before the game launches

even with a map, some of these fuckers are HARD to find.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lmao. Sad rich guy using public transportation that takes so long he doesn't get home until his wife goes to sleep in their mansion, but after shedding a few tears of the Kingdom he briefly appreciates natural beauty before turning back to his iPad to play games with the volume on in public.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What time Friday does Tears of the Kingdom go live? Midnight?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

If you’re in North America then it’s midnight EST which is thankfully 10PM for me so I’m gonna be playing it Thursday night! I also got my shipping notification today and it’s wild that my physical copy is just out there, in the world, existing, but not in my home.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

What time Friday does Tears of the Kingdom go live? Midnight?

midnight of whatever region you bought it in, yeah

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I will be picking mine up Friday after work :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am not sure I quite agree with Nintendo's "Zelda: It will briefly cause you to forget the misery and depression of living in a capitalist hellscape that destroys your soul" marketing campaign but it at least is honest?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ImpAtom posted:

I am not sure I quite agree with Nintendo's "Zelda: It will briefly cause you to forget the misery and depression of living in a capitalist hellscape that destroys your soul" marketing campaign but it at least is honest?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

holy poo poo lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nintendo ftw.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Zelda Zelda Zelda
Link Link Link

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ImpAtom posted:

Zelda: It will briefly cause you to forget the misery and depression of living in a capitalist hellscape that destroys your soul

That's exactly what I'm hoping for to be quite honest and frank.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Barreft posted:

Zelda Zelda Zelda
Link Link Link

Oi Oi Oi

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Barreft posted:

Zelda Zelda Zelda
Link Link Link

Controversial.

For people that can't wait to play TOK. Heres a placebo:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/41740/Cargo_The_Quest_for_Gravity/

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Gonna rescue the poo poo outta the zildo come friday

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Barreft posted:

Zelda Zelda Zelda
Link Link Link

what did Barreft mean by this?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am trying to not read too much spoilers and just squinting my eyes in the direction of the spoilers, I am blinded by their radiance.

Tei fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 10, 2023

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

That ad is remarkably bleak, but also so accurate I actually found it quite affecting.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

WarpDogs posted:

what did Barreft mean by this?

I meant spoilers obviously

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

Gonna rescue the poo poo outta the zildo come friday

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's been long enough, I think they can move on from Link and Zelda and Ganondorf.

Let us play as Hyrule. The country, not the royal line.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hogama posted:

It's been long enough, I think they can move on from Link and Zelda and Ganondorf.

Let us play as Hyrule. The country, not the royal line.

How the gently caress did you get a leaked copy and why are you spoiling the story?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i heard that this game lets you play as hyrule and it takes place in link

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
learned how to do a really easy duplication glitch today in BotW and im wondering if the main reason elemental arrows have been replaced with "Staple chu-jelly to an arrow" is because that was the only way they could fix the menu overload glitch

(i can't wait to see what kind of bullshit glitches we DO find in this game tho, lmao)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

I AM READY :goatsecx:

Anybody know about the pro hud (if it has one) and/or if there's a master mode? Gotta have my Zeldin Ring experience.