Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Promises made, promises kept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Clowns we became, clowns we remain.

Bapanada

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
And we got a special surprise for you all! Releasing later tonight - Starfield Shelter!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

MrQueasy posted:

I liked the first one better because it was more it’s own thing

And the story wasn’t quite as far up its own rear end.

Which ori is second Ori? I've got the blind first one, it's okay but I give 0 shits about the story and some of the platforming is some real bullshit. The combat is medium at best

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No combat in the first one so you must have the second.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
What? There is definitely combat in the first Ori. Ori 1 is Blind Forest, Ori 2 is Will of the Wisps.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I liked both Ori games, I just thought the Will of the Wisps story had more than a couple beats where it felt like the plot was sledgehammering me with stuff that was attempting to be like a Pixar movie rug pull.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020
To me, the plots are the worst part of those games.

There are definitely some fun improvements in Ori 2, and when I started playing it I thought I was going to enjoy it a lot more than the first. But, by the end, a lot of aspects of 2 ended up feeling half-baked.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uylCx5k7U

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

guppy posted:

What? There is definitely combat in the first Ori. Ori 1 is Blind Forest, Ori 2 is Will of the Wisps.

The combat in 1 is like, "press button to shoot homing things at enemies" and in 2 it's straight up Hollow Knight nail sword. It definitely feels very different.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Maybe I forgot but all I remember from Ori 1s "combat" is the thing following you that shoots at stuff if you hit the button. I dont' remember any aiming or anything where you actually engage which is why I saw there isn't any combat. But maybe I am forgetting something.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Silksong's release date will be announced on June 11th. It will release the very next day.

When they said on or before the 12th of June they fuckin' meant it.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 4, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
40 days to go. Cool.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I've got the one with the shooty thing. I guess it's combat because you fight stuff.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Will of the Wisps is much better

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
we are guaranteed to get silksong news by the 12th of june, it's just either good news (it is released) or bad news (it is delayed)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

lih posted:

we are guaranteed to get silksong news by the 12th of june, it's just either good news (it is released) or bad news (it is delayed)
What about no news. What if that happens

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

We are absolutely guaranteed to hear some news, at some point, if we're lucky

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

on june 12th hollow knight will be un-released. your digital access will vanish. your physical copy will become inert, useless, due to hidden code. your memories... will blur

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Martman posted:

Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder : “bapanada”

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

on june 12th hollow knight will be un-released. your digital access will vanish. your physical copy will become inert, useless, due to hidden code. your memories... will blur

Precept Four: 'Forget Your Past'.
The past is painful, and thinking about your past can only bring you misery. Think about something else instead, such as the future, or some food.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

MrQueasy posted:

I liked both Ori games, I just thought the Will of the Wisps story had more than a couple beats where it felt like the plot was sledgehammering me with stuff that was attempting to be like a Pixar movie rug pull.

It rules because my wife loved Ori 1 but isn't great at games and bought me Ori 2 so she could experience it vicariously and by the end of it she was in tears cutting every session short to go take a depression nap. To this day she calls it "the betrayal game."

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised anyone could get so involved in such a bland story.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Martman posted:

no news is implicitly a delay

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

lih posted:

no news is implicitly a delay

In that sense we are receiving news every single day, that silksong isnt out today.

And you're all complaining?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

SkeletonHero posted:

It rules because my wife loved Ori 1 but isn't great at games and bought me Ori 2 so she could experience it vicariously and by the end of it she was in tears cutting every session short to go take a depression nap. To this day she calls it "the betrayal game."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uylCx5k7U

limmy and the will o' the chat

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Koburn posted:

It's a good story, op. Have you considered that maybe you just hate cute things?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's the music. Not the story.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Koburn posted:

I think that’s why I hated the “ISNT THIS SAD” moments more. It wouldn’t have called as much attention to the rest.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The owl is cute and it made me sad when the misery happened

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I liked the part when Ori ate the owl and used the bones to pick his teeth.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

I liked the part when Ori ate the owl and used the bones to pick his teeth.

it was cool when he did that, especially when he said "you just got oried mother fucker"

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

"It's time to kick rear end and chew on owls, and I'm all outta owls"

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

at this point i’d find it preferable

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

.adanapaB

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
silksong just came out, haha just kidding

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/griffinmatta/status/1656106351184199680

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Disappointed that the rest of that Tweet wasn't "Expect the game to be cominG OUT RIGHT NOW BAPANADA MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSS"

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

once we hit July it's back to being unreasonably expectant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
knight_clown.png