Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Truspeaker posted:

I know it SAYS you can get nightfall and exotic stuff from the GG playlist, but has it actually happened for anyone? I know did at least 15 of them last week cause I did the thing for the seal, but I sure as poo poo didn't get any militias. I think I got an exotic exactly once, but I'm pretty certain it was from the pinnacle reward.

Over the last week I got Nezarec's Sin, Boots of the Assember, and Eye of Another World. There might have been one more I forgot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

what if titan players are simply more motivated

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Truspeaker posted:

I know it SAYS you can get nightfall and exotic stuff from the GG playlist, but has it actually happened for anyone? I know did at least 15 of them last week cause I did the thing for the seal, but I sure as poo poo didn't get any militias. I think I got an exotic exactly once, but I'm pretty certain it was from the pinnacle reward.

I got a caliban's hands earlier today from the gg playlist. but I mostly get catalysts

but yeah I don't know if they're pinnacle rewards or something else :shrug:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kith posted:

what if titan players are simply more motivated

I'm a Hunter main and yes, that tracks, I am really not motivated to win. Titans can win, they can also be dorks who are like, *trying* to win. Gross. Imagine being, or getting, good. Disgusting.

Edit: also I accidentally wandered into a Vex Incursion event when I was playing with my girls today and got Star Eater Scales, which I had yet to pull, but on a sweet roll of 59, hell yeah.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Shockeh posted:

Actually, upgrade my bullshit claims from earlier, because tbh I haven't seen Titans lose a round in a week now.

Just watched four Thundercrashes all occur, and Blade Barrage isn't even at 30%.

supremacy has a (hidden? not sure if it's actually mentioned in game) mechanic where getting a 'crest spree' by picking lots of them up gives a whole bunch of ability regen, including super.

why yes, this DOES mean the game mode is even more a stompfest than usual

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oh is that so? Played a group of hunters yesterday and I swear one guy cast golden gun at least 8 times.

Playing that playlist as titan, I've only played against hunters...which is really bad when your team has barely 1 k/d and the other team is all 4+ k/d. The other mixed class mode is way less sweaty with people having fun instead of 6 trials hunters with Immortals.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm a Hunter main and yes, that tracks, I am really not motivated to win. Titans can win, they can also be dorks who are like, *trying* to win. Gross. Imagine being, or getting, good. Disgusting.

This but unironic.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Guardian Games needs a 4v4v4 Gambit mode

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
This Wednesday At Bungie is up https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/exotic-armor-tuning-season-21

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roctavian posted:

Guardian Games needs a 4v4v4 Gambit mode

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

my understanding is this further confirms a bunch of leaks (though I don’t remember reading them—I don’t look at anything that might touch on lore or narrative lol)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Arc is so loving back it's insane.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man those tweaks tell a pretty consistent story

They want Arc to shine, and Solar to take a backseat for a while

I'm confident the artifact will focus on Strand & Arc next season, but curious if they'll bother with a third!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man those tweaks tell a pretty consistent story

They want Arc to shine, and Solar to take a backseat for a while

I'm confident the artifact will focus on Strand & Arc next season, but curious if they'll bother with a third!

They gotta get Stasis in there, especially after giving it basically nothing through the subclass or exotic updates.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

They gotta get Stasis in there, especially after giving it basically nothing through the subclass or exotic updates.

I think the latter is intentional and a good sign they won't get stasis in there. Strand is a $$$$ product for sale right now, and they don't want Stasis-Havers to think, "eh why bother opening up the ol checkbook when Blue Strand is just as good!"

Plus they probably want to throw a bone to the F2P crowd and avoid having two paid subclasses & only 1 free subclass in the artifact

I bet we get Stasis for the 3rd season of the year though.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you're a stasis enjoyer, verglas curve on stasis warlock is amazing fun, in any content where a bow headshot can kill red bars. the stasis warlock kit is absolutely not balanced around access to on-demand crystals to break for fragment of shards; bungie deliberately made them the only class without easy access to them for a very good reason.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If they put stasis on the seasonal artifact they also better let you buy stasis aspects and stuff with glimmer

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think the latter is intentional and a good sign they won't get stasis in there. Strand is a $$$$ product for sale right now, and they don't want Stasis-Havers to think, "eh why bother opening up the ol checkbook when Blue Strand is just as good!"

Plus they probably want to throw a bone to the F2P crowd and avoid having two paid subclasses & only 1 free subclass in the artifact

I bet we get Stasis for the 3rd season of the year though.

They could just have Strand be the third option much like it is now (maybe with different effects?) while also supporting Arc/Stasis.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Evil Badman posted:

They could just have Strand be the third option much like it is now (maybe with different effects?) while also supporting Arc/Stasis.

They could, but that's exactly what I think is UNlikely, for the reasons I posted in that post.

I miss Stasis so I very much HOPE it gets some love, I just don't see it happening in next season's artifact

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

If they put stasis on the seasonal artifact they also better let you buy stasis aspects and stuff with glimmer

we're all heading back to europa, aren't we?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

>Identify underused armor pieces and revamp them to increase their appeal.
>no Mask of the Quiet One changes

zzz

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kith posted:

zzz

So quiet even Bungie forgot it exists

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I love every Hunter change and most changes being non-stacking damage bonuses :ughh:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destiny2team/status/1656377169822773248?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

https://twitter.com/destiny2team/status/1656377172125442055?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

zzz
> dunemarchers is only really used in pvp, so we're going to do nothing for it in pve
:dafuq:

Like, it 100% need the pvp nerf but the way they worded the commentary is really confusing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lmfao. Why wait so long?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

"We didn't gently caress this up, it was calculated. But since yall wont shut up we'll somewhat fix it kinda, at a later time."

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao. Why wait so long?

Moving those bushes takes time man, don't you understand how game dev works?!
They're a small independent company, not some giant AAA studio.

lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Moving those bushes takes time man, don't you understand how game dev works?!
They're a small independent company, not some giant AAA studio.

lmao

Update size: 750MB

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Athrys' Embrace just gives bonus Strength? Boo. The original leak looked like it was precision kills recharge melee. Maybe they decided that was too powerful. Either way, guess I'm still not bothering with them.

Also I still don't understand Strand being Better Stasis. They play so very differently. It's the same as saying Void with Volatile and Arc with Jolt make them the same thing, but right now Void is better. Also lol at the idea that they're just giving up on Stasis, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Oathkeeper sounds fun tho. Bonus damage for a few seconds should make the usual suspects even more bonkers. Raiju's Harness adds a blind effect, yay! But also removes one of the main things it does...

Mask of Bakris plus an Arc Special Weapon seems fun as hell tho. Stasis primary and Arc secondary seem like they'll be awesome given you don't (can't) waste any slots on Arc surge mods.

They should make Whisper of Rending keep the big (43%?) Primary damage buff to frozen enemies but pop a lil 25% bonus against slowed enemies in there too. As a treat :3:

Edit: a one or two second delay because you can't stop fiddling with your poo poo is fine, suck it up nerds :smug:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao. Why wait so long?
cause it's literally the least important thing to "fix"

there's like been 100 more important things that took longer to address.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

cause it's literally the least important thing to "fix"

there's like been 100 more important things that took longer to address.

It’s probably just an int. Change it from a 2 to a 1 and ship it lol.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

> dunemarchers is only really used in pvp, so we're going to do nothing for it in pve
:dafuq:

Like, it 100% need the pvp nerf but the way they worded the commentary is really confusing.

Yeah this one confused me. "It only gets used in one context so we're gonna hammer-nerf that context and do gently caress-all for the other one"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

syntaxfunction posted:

that doesn't make any sense at all.

I see you are new. Let me tell you of this studio called 'Bungie'

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah this one confused me. "It only gets used in one context so we're gonna hammer-nerf that context and do gently caress-all for the other one"

This is a consistent weird logic of theirs. Many years and sandboxes ago, they once said that Shoulder Charge was rarely used for Combat because of how weak it is, and as a result people only use it for Movement

Bungie: So we are nerfing the Movement element

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I see you are new. Let me tell you of this studio called 'Bungie'

If there's one thing Bungie has consistently shown it's that, despite everyone on Reddit claiming otherwise, they really want to have their engagement numbers as high as they can. If they were willing to just ditch Stasis then why even revamp other subclasses to the extent they have? Yes, Strand is the new hotness, and the whole subclass team thing is limited. And also the whole Stasis isn't actually useless and bad and just Blue Strand is a factor tbh. Stasis could use some buffs and tweaks, but not so desperately as people think.

"Stasis bad, bungie just giving up on it" smells like the same sort of thing as "omg warlocks/titans/hunters are so bad right now, Bungie has just given up on them and no longer care." Like, Bungie makes dumb design decisions, but they aren't guilty of making specifically spiteful decisions despite what everyone who feels specifically targeted by a nerf says.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

It’s probably just an int. Change it from a 2 to a 1 and ship it lol.

It's next to the 'glimmer instead of blues' button, and that brought the game to it's knees for two days

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

If there's one thing Bungie has consistently shown it's that, despite everyone on Reddit claiming otherwise, they really want to have their engagement numbers as high as they can. If they were willing to just ditch Stasis then why even revamp other subclasses to the extent they have? Yes, Strand is the new hotness, and the whole subclass team thing is limited. And also the whole Stasis isn't actually useless and bad and just Blue Strand is a factor tbh. Stasis could use some buffs and tweaks, but not so desperately as people think.

"Stasis bad, bungie just giving up on it" smells like the same sort of thing as "omg warlocks/titans/hunters are so bad right now, Bungie has just given up on them and no longer care." Like, Bungie makes dumb design decisions, but they aren't guilty of making specifically spiteful decisions despite what everyone who feels specifically targeted by a nerf says.

If they wanted to show players that they still gave a gently caress about Stasis, they would unfuck the entire process you have to take to get all your aspects and poo poo.
They haven't and likely won't until fuckin whenever(maybe) so as it st(r)ands, they've given up on it.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

syntaxfunction posted:

Some of the posters in this thread make up a thing and then fixate on that thing like it's undeniable truth. Like Bungie makes a lot of mistakes, more than a developer that size and experience should, but some of these assumptions are just insane. Destiny makes a ton of money, Bungie probably wants it to continue making money. Alienating your players by doing acts of hand-wringing evil does the opposite of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone