Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beeftweeter posted:

two days of bed rest and lots of drugs
now we're talkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

honestly not sure how people manage to have a moustache like that

if i didnt trim mine it'd look like that in about 8 weeks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

graph posted:

if i didnt trim mine it'd look like that in about 8 weeks

yeah but like how would you live with it? youd constantly be spitting your moustache out of your mouth

like i know what physical processes would lead to the formation of the moustache, I'm more curious about the psychological makeup of someone who purposely allows them to happen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A girl (I mean she was like 25 but I was 100 when I was born) once asked me "why do I know you?" and I said "because I have a lovely beard" and she was "oooooooh yeah that's right!!!" Thanks for reading.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

i did my cardiologist appointment on monday-

context- i had an irregular ekg back in 2012 after i had enough to drink at a conference that i went into arrhythmia (context- i had started drinking in late 2011 after leaving the mormon church, i was 28 years old, 29 when i had arrhythmia), but the doc said i seem fine. i then moved shortly thereafter- and lost track of everything.

i got a prescription for methylphenidate as a 39.8 year old man- but the doc wanted an ekg since i was practically 40.

i had expected it to be "abnormal" but when you see "inferior infarct" on the reading, it gets your attention. i don't feel like i have had a heart attack, but i was a big fat man for most of my life, my father has had 3.5 heart attacks (and most recently a double bypass!), my maternal grandfather had a stroke and heart attack in his late 70s, and my maternal uncle died of arrhythmia when he was like 28- presumably due to similar issues that caused me to hit arrhythmia (he was leaving the mormon church at that age and i guess, like me, experimenting) so things aren't looking great.

got an echocardiogram slated for the 22nd- hope it just kinda confirms that my heart is weird but worried about what if i had already damaged my ticker before 40. doc seems optimistic based on me going 11 years with an irregular ekg (the first cardiologist i saw wanted me ot keep a copy of the ekg reading on my person, but insisted it was fine- and here I am 11 years later?) regardless, i am going to get it figured out- and if somehow i have had a heart attack and kept on trucking, we find it, and stint it (and anything else)- then i kinda look forward to feeling what life would be like with a "full heart." after the double bypass, my 67 year old dad says he feels so much better. for all i know i have had a portion of my heart tied behind my back for... some time?

anyway- not sure what the "best" outcome here is, but i have the care to discover and address if my genetics plus lifestyle are finally coming due sooner than expected, so i here is hoping.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh wait I forgot my point: I always always always trim by moustache so it doesn't go over my upper lip.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

echinopsis posted:

mustaches are the biggest pita to keep looking nice, even in the context of a full beard

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

You kind of have to give up soups.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

yeah but like how would you live with it? youd constantly be spitting your moustache out of your mouth
or if you ate something with whipped cream ?
mfuckin walrus

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

or if you ate something with whipped cream ?
mfuckin walrus

imagine trying to eat a caramel apple with that thing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Turnquiet posted:

mustaches are the biggest pita to keep looking nice, even in the context of a full beard

for me it’s the part of my beard on the lower part of my jaw, towards my ears.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

Haha like they're real.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Haha like they're real.

my friend i can assure you that caramel apples are extremely real

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

ahahaha

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

lol oh god

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

tk posted:

You kind of have to give up soups.

moustache
soup
dignity

pick two

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

axolotl farmer posted:

moustache
soup
dignity

pick two

moustache and dignity is kind of iffy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

A life without soup is a life not worth living

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

When you think about it, a bowl of cereal is a soup

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

PokeJoe posted:

When you think about it, a bowl of cereal is a soup

stfu

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sometimes the truth can be painful

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I’ll have the chilled soy broth with rolled maize croutons and sun ripe cavendish medallions.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i have a moustache and i can eat soup with dignity. smoothies or beers with foam are the hard ones

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

my friend i can assure you that caramel apples are extremely real

what the gently caress i thought Ben Katchor invented them for his comics. like shoehorns.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Turnquiet posted:

i did my cardiologist appointment on monday-

sorry to miss this among the soup jokes. take care of your heart, and good on you for leaving the latter days.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

yesterday i got runny egg yolk in my beard and it was unpleasant

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
mfs act like napkins and sinks aren't a thing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Blinkz0rz posted:

mfs act like napkins and sinks aren't a thing

fellas is it gay to wipe my beard

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

mediaphage posted:

fellas is it gay to wipe my beard

having a beard is kind of a gay thing anyway.

is that still something people do? maybe in the south?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Fart Sandwiches posted:

? maybe in the south?

9_9

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

is that still something people do? maybe in the south?
Having beards, being gay, or using gay as an insult like it's 20 years ago and you're 12 years old?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

mystes posted:

Having beards, being gay, or using gay as an insult like it's 20 years ago and you're 12 years old?

didn’t mean it as a negative joke, my bad. won’t happen again y’all

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yospos 2010: macs are gay (this is bad)
yospos 2023: macs are gay (this is good)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

what if I can’t use a mac tho?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

omg, these allergies! everything outside is covered in green powder. im dying!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think fart sandwiches meant "beard" as in "person with whom a gay man pretends to have a heterosexual romantic relationship so that he can stay closeted with respect to the community (and she is in the know and happy with the arrangement)." not beard as in, like, hair on your face. cause the latter isn't so much a gay thing, and the 'in the south' doesnt make any sense except that in the south, a bastion of bullshit, yeah maybe somebody would be more inclined to not be out than they would on the best coast

it wasnt using 'gay' as an insult at all, either (and neither was mediaphage). just an odd reaction on mystes' part imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol yeah that makes sense, and in that context doesn't seem offensive at all

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

i think fart sandwiches meant "beard" as in "person with whom a gay man pretends to have a heterosexual romantic relationship so that he can stay closeted with respect to the community (and she is in the know and happy with the arrangement)." not beard as in, like, hair on your face. cause the latter isn't so much a gay thing, and the 'in the south' doesnt make any sense except that in the south, a bastion of bullshit, yeah maybe somebody would be more inclined to not be out than they would on the best coast

it wasnt using 'gay' as an insult at all, either (and neither was mediaphage). just an odd reaction on mystes' part imo
Oh I'm dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mystes posted:

Oh I'm dumb