Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bring back elite utility skill hunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

If they want to still be able to expand professions without having to add whole new elite specs that could be one avenue. Throw in a new explorable level 80 path in each of the old dungeons while you're at it and each one has a GW1-inspired boss at the end with a different skill.

In other news I got back on the speedrun train and beat my previous claw island run by almost 20 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNsk2t0EbAc
(commentary in subtitles)

1:40 is easily achievable. 1:35 with enough practice. Not sure if 1:30 is possible with this route.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If it were me, I’d open up weapons across all specs first as a trial run and do some initial balance then a few months later you then open up cross-spec utility skills.

That way you get to shakeup the meta twice for theorycrafters and have more time to tune the balance for each part.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It could be fun to mix them up by armor class.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soldier

They have specific names for each of the armor classes, maybe they lean into it!

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnmZYQvlfnk

If you're looking for a new easy rotation for fractals or raids, reaper's dethroned mechanist post patch and is arguably greater than that build ever was, with more safety. Pretty much the only fight you need a thinking cap on to do your damage is against Vale Guardian, and that's just because you need to watch out for greens since most commanders completely ignore them.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Meeko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnmZYQvlfnk

If you're looking for a new easy rotation for fractals or raids, reaper's dethroned mechanist post patch and is arguably greater than that build ever was, with more safety. Pretty much the only fight you need a thinking cap on to do your damage is against Vale Guardian, and that's just because you need to watch out for greens since most commanders completely ignore them.

:smug:

still the king of open world, and now it's the king of group content too

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I got nearly the whole way through aurene's claw before realising you need the final mastery track unlocked to buy one of the things and i have exactly none of the masteries and the only ones left are a bunch of exceedingly tiresome bullshit I just cannot fathom ever doing. It knocked the entire wind of wanting to even do it. I'm this close to dumping all the stuff in my character who has the precursor and deleting it. Gods that's so sad, and I don't suppose they'll ever make more core mastery points anywhere. Oh well. Time for a break.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Tambaloneus posted:

I got nearly the whole way through aurene's claw before realising you need the final mastery track unlocked to buy one of the things and i have exactly none of the masteries and the only ones left are a bunch of exceedingly tiresome bullshit I just cannot fathom ever doing. It knocked the entire wind of wanting to even do it. I'm this close to dumping all the stuff in my character who has the precursor and deleting it. Gods that's so sad, and I don't suppose they'll ever make more core mastery points anywhere. Oh well. Time for a break.

there are loads of really easy core mastery points to get, do you have all the insights, easy fractal mp, world boss mps, and the easy collections?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I, for the most part, still feel (without logical reason) kind of guilty doing this, but go grab people from guild and cheese that poo poo. Cheese it all. Stand there and let them complete things for you so you can get the "didn't get touched by X" cheevo and make that legendary. Cheat as much as possible or anet wins.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

One of the tier rewards in the legendary amulet achievement is a gen 3 precursor, in case you haven't done it yet.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

where the red fern gropes posted:

:smug:

still the king of open world, and now it's the king of group content too

it's like, mid in open world tbf. reaper has a perception of being the king of open world that's kind of un-earned.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Reaper is king for open world if you want to only change maybe one trait and one utility skill from your instanced PvE build, instead of needing to gently caress around with stamina sigils or whatever.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
“Open world” is almost meaningless as a build descriptor because people use it for doing the story, exploration and map completion, group metas, and soloing legendary bounties.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

One of the tier rewards in the legendary amulet achievement is a gen 3 precursor, in case you haven't done it yet.

Yeah the only reason I even started is I had the dagger and got impatient saving up for the shortbow lmao. I was going to sell the dagger but if its going to be this painful to get I will likely keep it out of I guess sunk cost or something. I have all the easier collections/world bosses/insights ones. They need more of the exploration ones, there's loads on the newer maps. The only ones left are "Find eleventy dozen of this loving thing" or "go kill this thing sixty dozen times" or "hahaha wait you need friends for this and are a loser with none sucks to be you". It wouldn't even be so bad if other ppl could get credit from helping and also get the cheevy but I don't think they do.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
LS1, not so much. Mid LS2-on, anet got better about achivo credit.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Tambaloneus posted:

Yeah the only reason I even started is I had the dagger and got impatient saving up for the shortbow lmao. I was going to sell the dagger but if its going to be this painful to get I will likely keep it out of I guess sunk cost or something. I have all the easier collections/world bosses/insights ones. They need more of the exploration ones, there's loads on the newer maps. The only ones left are "Find eleventy dozen of this loving thing" or "go kill this thing sixty dozen times" or "hahaha wait you need friends for this and are a loser with none sucks to be you". It wouldn't even be so bad if other ppl could get credit from helping and also get the cheevy but I don't think they do.

Anyone know if there's still a daily organized group for Triple Trouble? That's a good source of Tyrian mastery points, IIRC

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

There are like 3 daily groups for triple trouble.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
There are more like "one for every spawn spot US, just look on LFG at the top of the hour and pick a not full map if you can." 10 minutes beforehand if you want free food.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

Anyone know if there's still a daily organized group for Triple Trouble? That's a good source of Tyrian mastery points, IIRC

I have all those but I do know there are still groups running it - they often advertise in LA just before it starts and I see them on map in 3 commtag groups pretty often. I think the only teq one I don't currently have is that blasted "dodge the tail" one that I have no fukn idea what it even means. I should go look that up I guess. Thing is all this poo poo will take weeks and TOTK comes out like saturday so eh, I guess I'll get back into it later when I return from attaching various things to various other things like the elf knockoff of just cause 2. Edit I will probably still login to do dragonstorm because I am somehow of the unshakable belief that one day I will get that loving eye thing despite some seven months of evidence otherwise.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Just playing LWS 2 main story will get you an easy 8 MP.

That being said, Silverwastes are your friend as well. I ground out all core masteries without LWS2 and most of the final dozen MPs were Silverwastes and fractals. I am sure if you ask in guild during prime time you'll find a few people that will cheese a bunch of those with you in T1 fracs.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Tambaloneus posted:

I have all those but I do know there are still groups running it - they often advertise in LA just before it starts and I see them on map in 3 commtag groups pretty often. I think the only teq one I don't currently have is that blasted "dodge the tail" one that I have no fukn idea what it even means. I should go look that up I guess. Thing is all this poo poo will take weeks and TOTK comes out like saturday so eh, I guess I'll get back into it later when I return from attaching various things to various other things like the elf knockoff of just cause 2. Edit I will probably still login to do dragonstorm because I am somehow of the unshakable belief that one day I will get that loving eye thing despite some seven months of evidence otherwise.

get into the water as close as you can to the shore directly behind teq during the first 25% phase and you're almost guaranteed to get it, also if you wanted to use gw2efficiency to show all your uncompleted core tyria mastery points we might be able to point out some easy ones you missed

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tambaloneus posted:

I think the only teq one I don't currently have is that blasted "dodge the tail" one that I have no fukn idea what it even means.

Translation: Get behind him during the event. Roll around a bit. You'll get it randomly at some point.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I tried going back for those dumb badges and holy crap is it supposed to be this easy to end up out of bounds from the underground of silverwastes? Because I did it multiple times not even trying.

Somehow I ended up ... to the side of the map? I could just keep going out but got bored and waypointed back.

Trippy swim I found when I got lost again. The "water" triggered the swim animation and the skimmer could glide on it but it wasn't going very fast.

I realise now I think this is the cave where you fight that dragon minion guy in the ls2 story.

Out of bounds lovers should check out the silverwaste jp that's mostly underground bc hot drat "help I'm not in the game any more" happened a lot. I also at one point was on the big pile of falling sand but couldn't move out of it.

i gave up on the badges...

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For badges and other doodad collections I strongly recommend overlays like Blish HUD or GW2 TacO, with achievement marker packs like Tekkit's or the French one I forgot the name of (I think it's linked on the TacO site).

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

orcane posted:

For badges and other doodad collections I strongly recommend overlays like Blish HUD or GW2 TacO, with achievement marker packs like Tekkit's or the French one I forgot the name of (I think it's linked on the TacO site).

Yeah I think I should probably check that out, I find places where everything looks the same everywhere impossible for my brain to parse. Idk if it's a me thing or an adhd thing or what but I was trying to follow the walkthrough for the JP (which I've also done before) and ended up at the start somehow like twice so clearly I need all the help I can get on that. I did manage to do chalice of tears without it though so maybe I'll break out the ole position rewinder and explore in little chunks so I don't have to keep starting over when I fall out of reality.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Tambaloneus posted:

I tried going back for those dumb badges and holy crap is it supposed to be this easy to end up out of bounds from the underground of silverwastes? Because I did it multiple times not even trying.

Somehow I ended up ... to the side of the map? I could just keep going out but got bored and waypointed back.

Trippy swim I found when I got lost again. The "water" triggered the swim animation and the skimmer could glide on it but it wasn't going very fast.

I realise now I think this is the cave where you fight that dragon minion guy in the ls2 story.

Out of bounds lovers should check out the silverwaste jp that's mostly underground bc hot drat "help I'm not in the game any more" happened a lot. I also at one point was on the big pile of falling sand but couldn't move out of it.

i gave up on the badges...

this owns, I got out of bounds in tangled depths once and my experiences were similarly trippy

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Map breaks are everywhere, and only sometimes fixed. This isn't FO76 where you get into the dev room for sweet freebies. It's another form of exploration and a neat look behind the scenes.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The easiest way to get the tail dodge achievement is to get the mastery that makes the Skimmer dodge while hovering, and then just sit behind Teq hovering for long periods.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Malpais Legate posted:

The easiest way to get the tail dodge achievement is to get the mastery that makes the Skimmer dodge while hovering, and then just sit behind Teq hovering for long periods.

...Interesting! Does that also work for the Dragonstorm dodge achievements?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

El Fideo posted:

...Interesting! Does that also work for the Dragonstorm dodge achievements?

it used to but not anymore, bring a daredevil for that one

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sorry, no cheating the tedious cheevos in the super boring Dragonstorm instance.

Elder Dragons— this might take a couple rounds. :suicide:

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

orcane posted:

Sorry, no cheating the tedious cheevos in the super boring Dragonstorm instance.

Elder Dragons— this might take a couple rounds. :suicide:

I did all those dodges in the solo version, you can make it last longer than 10min and the stuff that hits you hits a lot less hard and you can actually see the circles you need to be in to dodge the meteors without several hundred other flare effects in the way.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Tambaloneus posted:

I did all those dodges in the solo version, you can make it last longer than 10min and the stuff that hits you hits a lot less hard and you can actually see the circles you need to be in to dodge the meteors without several hundred other flare effects in the way.

:aaaaa:

I'm going to finally finish my ibs points because of this you beautiful person.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Actually no I won't it's still group content and I'm not good enough to solo it lol

Healer lfg to farm dodging achieves, anyone?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

Actually no I won't it's still group content and I'm not good enough to solo it lol

Head to that chapter in the personal story version - sorry I should have been more specific. You can redo that chapter as often as you want but you need to restart it in the story menu (if you've done up to and beyond that fight it'll give you the ability to go direct there from the heli pilot and should let you choose to do the story version). Edit: you should be able to take friends into it even in story mode though.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

El Fideo posted:

There are like 3 daily groups for triple trouble.

There is one at my 6pm (7pm) depending on whos hosed the clocks. (sydney time east aus)

I think it is TnT.

(we've had 1 fail where people were trolling amber? (the harpoon one), so they did teh welp, sorry guys. trolls left, and then they did the guild challenge one with no probs)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I tried to log in for the first time since EoD and found that someone had added an authenticator to my account, this does not own

currently going back and forth with customer service to get this fixed but I'm half expecting that whoever jacked my account also vendored all my gear

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tambaloneus posted:

Oh yeah I know that, too. But it's still a boring snoozefest because they dialed up all the requirements for IBS cheevos (like amount of kills/dodges/etc. required, and the meta achievements are ridiculous too). IBS "phase 2" is just completely awful.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Guest2553 posted:

Yeah what Tambaloneus said, you do it in the story chapter's instance. And just as a general FYI, you can replay chapters and go straight to their various instances (they will have blue story marks on the map) without having to play through the linear plot of the episode (which would be following the green marks).

E: oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Getting all the icebrood saga masteries was the worst. Hold on lemme go kill the icebrood construct and the shatterer (but for real this time...?) 15 more times, and then do that again lol