Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Whoolighams posted:

really a drat shame HHH had the health-related retirement because the feud he and Cody would be having right now would be incredible

for content

This is genuinely, to me, one of the most disappinting things about Cody going back to WWE, and never getting that big match with HHH. But then again, it would just end with Cody getting hit with the pedigree and pinned in the middle of the ring, so gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

:rubby: Heyman/Reigns will absolutely make fun of the participation trophy on-air and we'll get a report from Dave or PWInsider about that champ's TV network being mad about it right before the TV deals are set to expire

Please call the participation trophy the World Clown Champion going forward

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

3 A.M. Radio posted:

This is genuinely, to me, one of the most disappinting things about Cody going back to WWE, and never getting that big match with HHH. But then again, it would just end with Cody getting hit with the pedigree and pinned in the middle of the ring, so gently caress it.

Who did HHH really put over, in the end? I was going to say Batista, but he beat Batista in their last match. Danielson I guess?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

I disagree. People like to see a good person who bets on himself win. This won’t change.

Bret Hart beat Diesel and Taker with roll ups and no one thought he was a geek for it.

Cody has just accidentally activated some kind of MKULTRA programming in people both negative (people here) and positive (me)

When did Bret Hart beat the Undertaker with a roll-up?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sega 32X posted:

Who did HHH really put over, in the end? I was going to say Batista, but he beat Batista in their last match. Danielson I guess?

Triple H definitely made Batista but that's probably it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

When did Bret Hart beat the Undertaker with a roll-up?

I misremembered the finish in the match Shawn reffed, but probably every night on a house show circuit idk, the point remains MJeff!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

I misremembered the finish in the match Shawn reffed, but probably every night on a house show circuit idk, the point remains MJeff!

Follow up question, since y'also mentioned Diesel.

Were there any stakes in this match? Was anything on the line when Bret Hart, the Excellence of Execution, turned Diesel's attempt at a jackknife power bomb into an inside cradle and pinned his shoulders to the mat for 3 seconds?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The face beating the heel with a rollup pin, followed by the face quickly dashing out of the ring, is fine provided it's booked to occur in a situation like this: the face is basically taking advantage of the heel's extreme overconfidence and hubris, rolling them up when they're taunting the crowd, or making kissyface with their valet, or taking just that little bit too long to execute their finisher; and then hopping out of the ring to laugh as the heel kicks the ropes in frustration and argues unsuccessfully with the ref. From what I gather, the ending to Cody vs. Brock did not happen under those sorts of circumstances.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I liked when Hogan cheated against the Undertaker all match, threw urn ashes in his face, and then rolled him up and held the tights and Jack Tunney was like look this is ridiculous neither of you get to be champion.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Jack Tunney may have been on the take but the WWF ran a lot smoother and fairer before announcer Vince McMahon took over.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Getting accused of Sycho Derangement Syndrome for pointing out it was weird that face hogan cheated to eliminate heel sid from the 92 rumble on punch.sport.pagoda.usenet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The face beating the heel with a rollup pin, followed by the face quickly dashing out of the ring, is fine provided it's booked to occur in a situation like this: the face is basically taking advantage of the heel's extreme overconfidence and hubris, rolling them up when they're taunting the crowd, or making kissyface with their valet, or taking just that little bit too long to execute their finisher; and then hopping out of the ring to laugh as the heel kicks the ropes in frustration and argues unsuccessfully with the ref. From what I gather, the ending to Cody vs. Brock did not happen under those sorts of circumstances.

Cody was in the Kimura in the center of the ring and pushed Brock over to roll him up.

It would've been an awesome finish if it was a title match, Cody did that kinda thing all the time when he was TNT Champion, but, well, neither of them had a title.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

projecthalaxy posted:

Who would they put in the hall of fame in exchange like the Nakamura/Muta match? Christian? Orange Cassidy?

E:
lol@paul

It's amazing that they introduced this belt and everyone called it a participation trophy for all the big dumb idiot babies who can't beat Roman and then WWE just immediately leans into it thus making it true

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/wrestlingnewsco/status/1655980209785434113?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Who would they put in the hall of fame in exchange like the Nakamura/Muta match? Christian? Orange Cassidy?

E:
lol@paul

Lol is this real. Because should they be saying the quiet part out loud?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

Lol is this real

https://twitter.com/HeymanHustle/status/1655758791542034432

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

They should just put dril's Loser Fuckface Nerd tweet on the nameplate at this point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know, they could've put Roman in this tournament and had him lose. His other title wouldn't have been on the line so it wouldn't break up his precious most special boy reign and you could actually put over that this stupid thing matters just a little bit.

And everybody would absolutely believe that they could book Roman to win it, so there would actually be intrigue.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

MJeff posted:

Y'know, they could've put Roman in this tournament and had him lose. His other title wouldn't have been on the line so it wouldn't break up his precious most special boy reign and you could actually put over that this stupid thing matters just a little bit.

And everybody would absolutely believe that they could book Roman to win it, so there would actually be intrigue.

It would have been funny to put him in the first round against like that barefoot dudes and all the other tournament entrants come out and beat the crap out of him. By him I mean Roman's opponent, so Roman is DQ'd.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

MJeff posted:

or they could have just had Roman lose to Sami and Cody for the Universal and World title respectively like everyone wanted and progressed the whole Bloodline story forward

but they needed the HEAT

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hefty Leftist posted:

or they could have just had Roman lose to Sami and Cody for the Universal and World title respectively like everyone wanted and progressed the whole Bloodline story forward

but they needed the HEAT

Or they needed to beat dumb records set in another era.
And/Or they just needed to placate the soulless ghoul they call boss.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1656120467265323008?s=20

BtB on Vince McMahon drops next week, Robert said on a Gamefully Unemployed guest spot that it's like 7 hours or some poo poo so it's probably a four part series of episodes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MJeff posted:

Yeah. The show stopped being stupid and became boring instead. Then it went back to being stupid.

Nah it was still stupid.

People just liked to pretend that it wasn't because HHH was bringing back all the fan favorites that Vince let go!!!! and he let people say words like wrestler and hospital!!!11

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MorningMoon posted:

Nah, it'll be a surprise returning Dan Ryckert.

GOD IF ONLY.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MorningMoon posted:

Nah, it'll be a surprise returning Dan Ryckert.

The name on the contract says Ryckert… but it says PAUL Ryckert!

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1656120467265323008?s=20

BtB on Vince McMahon drops next week, Robert said on a Gamefully Unemployed guest spot that it's like 7 hours or some poo poo so it's probably a four part series of episodes.

More importantly, can Evans go 30 minutes without trying to coax Sophie to teleport strangle him.

I mean, he's great...but unsufferably antagonistic. I think it's why I really like him though. Rebel without a pause.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol the clown belt graphic really emblematic of "they hate their audience"

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Behind the Bastards is in that unfortunate zone of good concept/bad host that is also occupied by QAA and Knowledge Fight but there's still eps worth listening to, I got hooked in by the Segal eps

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Okay I can see not liking the Knowledge Fight guys even if I think they're fine, but the QAA dudes are great

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Okay I can see not liking the Knowledge Fight guys even if I think they're fine, but the QAA dudes are great

Yeah I’m a fan of both

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
for me QAA ran out of steam post-inauguration and the forced angry rants wore me down. they should give the British lady her own TERF Island spinoff. Jordan is incredibly irritating on KF imo and I'd rather listen to Dan solo. To make this connected to WWE Dan was legit hyped for The Fiend returning which was funny to hear from a completely unrelated unexpected source

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Whoolighams posted:

for me QAA ran out of steam post-inauguration and the forced angry rants wore me down. they should give the British lady her own TERF Island spinoff. Jordan is incredibly irritating on KF imo and I'd rather listen to Dan solo. To make this connected to WWE Dan was legit hyped for The Fiend returning which was funny to hear from a completely unrelated unexpected source

I have no idea what any of this means, at this point I have to assume they’re foreign pop stars or something

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 10, 2023

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I did enjoy how horrified Robert Evans was while researching Vince. It's like, he knew it would be bad but half way through he was like "jesus loving christ..."

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince might be the most evil person on this earth who does not hold some manner of office or title.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ChrisBTY posted:

Vince might be the most evil person on this earth who does not hold some manner of office or title.

Agreeing with this.

Because every time I want to laugh at his antics, and the insanity he causes. I remember that he is not just an out of touch billionaire racist sexist homophobe that made his money through destroying others livelihoods, exploiting his workers and has done deals with the house of Saud, (among other things). He is all of those things, and an honest to god legitimate rapist. That has more money than any honest human will ever see.

So it's not so funny anymore.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Sandman McMahon posted:

I have no idea what any of this means, at this point I have to assume they’re foreign pop stars or something

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

You'd think a T-Rex skull would be too on the nose but subtlety is for cowards

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

thepokey posted:

I did enjoy how horrified Robert Evans was while researching Vince. It's like, he knew it would be bad but half way through he was like "jesus loving christ..."

I just want to know what he was reading when he reacted like that, Vince is a goddamn madman but Robert researches literal war criminals for a living.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Testekill posted:

I just want to know what he was reading when he reacted like that, Vince is a goddamn madman but Robert researches literal war criminals for a living.

Ring boy scandal, I'd assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sandman McMahon posted: