Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

You should get one with custom colours.

I wish there was an option to buy a console with a Design Lab controller instead of the stock one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Silksong not releasing within 12 months after the 2022 Xbox Showcase

https://twitter.com/griffinmatta/status/1656106351184199680?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

More like Slugsong.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bilk (extract money through specious means) Long (development time)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Phil lied

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

ZeeBoi posted:

Gamers have a strong reputation for taking this type of stuff really well, so I'm sure this will be fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wait til they finally announce it's cancelled

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

that phrase just obliterated my spleen

It’s true, though. They channel TLOU’s misery-energy to an astonishing degree.

And just like TLOU2, the sequel goes even farther.

Also one of the few games where the final boss is a pope. Not enough games do that, IMO.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Really excited for Silksong. Its release is whatever, it comes when it comes. Like not a single game promised from xbox to release within 12 months, last year, has actually released in that window lol. The game industry is a mess and game development is massively complicated.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghostwire is a neat game cause I can tool around places I walk around in real life and check out what wacky alternate universe businesses they've plopped there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The game industry is a mess and game development is massively complicated.

it doesn't need to be

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1656315119041650688?s=20

Do it cowards

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Called it, there's too much money to be made for everyone involved in this acquisition (including governments), and at the end of the day that is what makes the world move. Although the hangup is still going to be the U.K. right?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the EU is not the UK op. though the Davos woke globalists in Brussels might want differently!!!!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the EU is not the UK op. though the Davos woke globalists in Brussels might want differently!!!!!!

I forgot about this, because England is ran by loving morons.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Sony influenced Brexit in 2016 knowing that the UK would independently block an Activision merger but the rest of the EU wouldn't.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

Sony influenced Brexit in 2016 knowing that the UK would independently block an Activision merger but the rest of the EU wouldn't.

I'm beginning to think this is 100% true

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xbox really said "brits out"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

guess we know why they're the green brand

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the Tory PoshStation 5 is the official console of Boris Johnson, Liz Truss, and Brexit. Heard this from many leakers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:chanpop:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I said come in! posted:

I forgot about this, because England is ran by loving morons.

My favorite moment in English government was when May was asked how much housing they had built and the answer was none because that is literally a Monty Python sketch.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

:hai:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder what would happen if everyone but the CMA passes. Not that I fully believe the eu will but who knows.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

BreX-Boxit, baby!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
xboxit has a great mouth feel.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
May 15th gonna be XBoxing day

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Wiltsghost posted:

I wonder what would happen if everyone but the CMA passes. Not that I fully believe the eu will but who knows.

the Brits will have to import their Micro-stuff via Ireland.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Sounds like Phil Spencer's "Xbox is doomed" strategy might actually work

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Wiltsghost posted:

There's only one example of a merger being approved everywhere except the UK and this was in 2017 after Brexit so they decided to go ahead with the merger anyways and said "gently caress it" to the UK market. Since then the UK market has continued to shrink so if the EU approves and if the FTC approves then Microsoft will have to weigh-up if the merger is more desirable than access to the UK market.

After the CMA initially blocked the acquisition there was only a short period before Microsoft pulled the "You need us more than we need you" card which was bold but also really funny. If the acquisition gets approved everywhere else I imagine the UK government will lean on the CMA to give it the go-ahead.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This game is coming to game pass. The art style is neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtmhX2QU9rY

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

SUNKOS posted:

After the CMA initially blocked the acquisition there was only a short period before Microsoft pulled the "You need us more than we need you" card which was bold but also really funny. If the acquisition gets approved everywhere else I imagine the UK government will lean on the CMA to give it the go-ahead.

Phil walking into a meeting with the CMA and casually mentioning he noticed how much of their workflow was built on Azure and Office 365.

“Would be a shame if something happened to that….”

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wiltsghost posted:

Nice, looks like something I'd like. Another win.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Oh hey there's another Diablo IV open beta happening this weekend, might check it out so that I can avoid buying it later

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Everyone says "put call of duty on gamepass with the Microsoft buyout" but why do that when you can prop up the most sickly of all Activision's games: put WoW on gamepass.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

CuddleCryptid posted:

Everyone says "put call of duty on gamepass with the Microsoft buyout" but why do that when you can prop up the most sickly of all Activision's games: put WoW on gamepass.

I have friends who would absolutely play again if it was on gamepass

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Wiltsghost posted:

Man that's gorgeous.

More like this devs, actual art style instead of individually rendered blades of grass no one gives a poo poo about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I have friends who would absolutely play again if it was on gamepass

Launch wow pre expansions was my last gasp of exposure to the genre, so I definitely would, out of curiosity if nothing else.