Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
goon project: get leslie to start watching NWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

abraham linksys posted:

guys I'm already dropping out

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Leslie vs the eyeball man

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

abraham linksys posted:

he already does and he thinks it’s great

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he reviewed black adam before seeing it what makes you think the nwa is any different

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yeah I think Leslie honestly hates AEW and believes what he says about it but he is clearly lying when he says he watches the NWA because what he says about it is the opposite of what the NWA does. It was incredible to see him pontificating about how the NWA lets women speak with their own voice and have their own stories at a time where they barely give the women any real promos and some weeks don't give them a match.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah I think Leslie honestly hates AEW and believes what he says about it but he is clearly lying when he says he watches the NWA because what he says about it is the opposite of what the NWA does. It was incredible to see him pontificating about how the NWA lets women speak with their own voice and have their own stories at a time where they barely give the women any real promos and some weeks don't give them a match.

Also their world champion is a guy who almost got fired from FOX News for going above their Acceptable Level of Workplace Sexual Harassment

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WoodBrosProd/status/1654611525204602880?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WoodBrosProd/status/1656184641475231746

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
lmao Bhatti is retweeting Tucker Carlson in case there was ever any doubt what kind of person he is.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Do these people really think that Tony Khan would genuinely, actually buy 70,000 tickets for a wrestling show and then like....what? Skip town? Do they think there's gonna be a Gotcha moment where the All In feed goes live and the stadium is completely empty?

(Of course what's actually gonna happen is someone's gonna post a completely innocuous picture of the empty stadium like 4 hours before the show even starts and they're ALL gonna declare that as proof all along but that happens literally every week)

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
All the fans there will be holograms and these people will be scouring every bit of footage for glitches in the projections.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
If Tony can buy seats he can buy actors to sit in the seats. And if he can pay actors to sit in the seats he can pay tailors to sew up their mouths. What he does with the tailors, however... Probably get a spider to eat them. Now the spider. That's a whole new problem.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Mrenda posted:

If Tony can buy seats he can buy actors to sit in the seats. And if he can pay actors to sit in the seats he can pay tailors to sew up their mouths. What he does with the tailors, however... Probably get a spider to eat them. Now the spider. That's a whole new problem.

Warner Bros potentially still have that giant spider mech from Wild Wild West that they could use. I'm sure Tony can hire Will Smith and Kevin Kline to take it out.

Then he can pay more tailors to sew up their mouths...

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Heartbreaking scene as the few real AEW fans show up to find out they never actually rebuilt Wembly Stadium and it was all part of a 20-year plan by the Khan Family to start a wrestling promotion and trick everyone into thinking it's alright so they can swindle them out of their t-shirt money.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Do these people really think that Tony Khan would genuinely, actually buy 70,000 tickets for a wrestling show and then like....what? Skip town? Do they think there's gonna be a Gotcha moment where the All In feed goes live and the stadium is completely empty?

Yes. His evidence is that he's been watching a section of tickets and a total of six tickets sold a pair at a time over the course of a day.
https://twitter.com/WoodBrosProd/status/1656016509917962257?s=20
And they say wrestling journalism is dead.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Guilty! If Tony Khan had a twitch stream I could gift some subs to, I would have, but this was the only way I could tip him for all his hard work

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Guilty! If Tony Khan had a twitch stream I could gift some subs to, I would have, but this was the only way I could tip him for all his hard work

Tony Khan reacting to a level 15 hype train.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Pylons posted:

Tony Khan reacting to a level 15 hype train.

It'd be a never ending point spend on "Hydrate" just to see him drink funny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mrenda posted:

It'd be a never ending point spend on "Hydrate" just to see him drink funny.

Kenny vs Tony drink contest 24 hour charity stream

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll literally be :munch: when All In airs and the stadium is full.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tony Khan Crisis Actors

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is like that flat earth Netflix documentary where they do their own experiments but keep proving the earth is curved. These folks will never except what their own eyes see because the foundation of Aew is bad and no on likes it is immutable

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone ought to wait and look at the audience during the show before we all keep talking about this matter. there's no need to 'take sides'.

one thing you'll notice is that the seating sections on the floor are spread apart very heavily to make it appear as though it's 'full' when it isn't. it would look something like this:

you don't legally need to make a lot of space to avoid issues or for emergency situations, and that's not the company i like in that image. so expect this point to be made quite strongly and accurately

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe the worst seats in the stadium are selling slowly

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GreysonNation/status/1656190331963203584

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
CM Punk made the call to Bob Warner.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

People so unused to actually selling an angle these days. Wild.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

CM Punk made the call to Bob Dot Warner.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Twitter is ragging on these dudes today

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1656231267019440130

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GreysonNation/status/1646972195372142592

This guy can feel good that as people dig through his old tweets that he doesn't seem to have anything objectionable in there just lots of funny Punk Derangement Syndrome.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’ve never heard it referred to as the gripebomb and that made me chuckle

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I recognize those words but not in that order.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

The paper he posted actually isn't all about CM Punk, but an analysis of AEW as subversive, outsider art and a punk/revolutionary style movement that is being endangered by extant hierarchical systems and capitalism (I only scanned it).

Honestly with all we complain about fed stans holding up "they make big bucks, so popular" as a lovely argument, a billion dollars (and show) from WBD seems to negate any discussion of negative internal social/cultural/vibe ramifications of Punk coming back.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Taxman posted:

The paper he posted actually isn't all about CM Punk, but an analysis of AEW as subversive, outsider art and a punk/revolutionary style movement that is being endangered by extant hierarchical systems and capitalism (I only scanned it).

Honestly with all we complain about fed stans holding up "they make big bucks, so popular" as a lovely argument, a billion dollars (and show) from WBD seems to negate any discussion of negative internal social/cultural/vibe ramifications of Punk coming back.

Well for starters, one is a company run by a rapist and creates propaganda for a dictatorship, and the other involves a scuffle that happened at work

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Taxman posted:

Do it. Make the KSA analogy. You know you want to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ponder what this would be like.

https://twitter.com/GreysonNation/status/1647811381264252928

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanna hear murderbryan's opinion on this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"That's real cool, man, what do my knuckles say?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

An even more insufferable version of Sam Seder is what the world needs now.