Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Kit Walker posted:

It's always a trip seeing women come out of the woodwork to talk about how yes, they should be subservient to men, the superior gender. Kink shouldn't be a guideline for how to structure society, folks

I think the magic here is critical thinking (I mean, duh). I suspect in a lot of cases, they see the argument for a 'stable' family, and the traditional family certainly has appealing qualities, and recognisable value and appeal, but they fail to differentiate between 'should' and 'could'. You know? Like, it's a binary, either these are good things 'so we should do them' or they're bad, 'so we shouldn't do them'. But obviously, that setup doesn't work for everyone, and often isn't the most stable or equitable or loving or sensible. But that's not the argument they're having, to them it's like, either yes or no, and they can see value in it, so, yes! It should be that!

At least, I've experienced that, and it helped me understand how people could think like that, and still be 'good' people. Less about a desire to enforce particular norms, and more just an inability to comprehend diversity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Pretty much. "This is important to me and has brought me peace of mind, and all women deserve that." without realizing that all women deserve to choose what's important to them.

I went around and around with this with my mom for ages about having kids. Her children are what she loves most and have made her the happiest, so it took her a long time to understand that having kids wouldn't do the same to me. It came from a good place and she finally understands my side, but it took a lot of conversation to see eye to eye.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
https://twitter.com/BeksWineWhiskey/status/1656267578329759748

:whitewater:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Anal Railgun is a username from loving hell

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

How the gently caress do you survive that? Wouldn't it just get pulled around inside you destroying organs and intestines as it glorped around?

Also, what a loving dumbass.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Waltzing Along posted:

How the gently caress do you survive that? Wouldn't it just get pulled around inside you destroying organs and intestines as it glorped around?

Skin and intestine are pretty elastic. Wouldn't they screen for that with a metal detector, though?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Waltzing Along posted:

It does say 'major injuries'

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Skin and intestine are pretty elastic. Wouldn't they screen for that with a metal detector, though?

Had to get an MRI recently, and nope. They have a pretty exhaustive list of questions (that admittedly did not mention butt plugs) but it's basically all on the honor system.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm curious as to the result of the case, not able to find it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Considering that a person could easily forget a about a piercing they should have removed I think getting a scanning wand to every MRI room antechamber should be a priority.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, don't forget the 2A fan who decided his secret strapped pistol was fine to keep on during his MRI. He didn't fare as well as that guy.

He shoulda kiestered it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I used to work for a company that made MRIs and I went to a talk with an ex nurse who recounted some pretty vivid stories of people going into MRIs under her care and bits of them exploding or plates being pulled away from skulls etc, it was loving grim

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Fuckin magnets man

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
MRI is def a vibe check of the highest order

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
One guy had a staple or something in his brain that either he thought was ceramic or he was out when he was brought down and they didn't check his records and it sort of flipped when they turned the MRI on.

MRI Goons, don't fall over yourselves with science and facts to rebuke my story, it was about 20 years ago and I've smoked a fair amount of weed in that time so...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Ballet - Not Even Once!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"AI or ballet?" the foot game I never wanted to play

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This is telling me we should go to every kids ballet class and arrest every adult there.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ballet is great athletics... until you get close to en pointe. Friends don't let friends do en pointe.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pretty sure that cats name is Mr. Pringles.

Lmao

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I think about this and poo poo like kids' football when the transphobes scream about how we shouldn't be loving with children's bodies.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvHxJIC17Y
Oh, just a tornado happening on a mountain over in Montana…

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1655024147163144193

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

They’re still good

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Android Apocalypse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvHxJIC17Y
Oh, just a tornado happening on a mountain over in Montana…

That looks like the weaker type of tornado spinup and hopefully remote enough to not be bothering anybody, I'm calling it #blessed pending additional information

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

nexous posted:

They’re still good
And now the sheet is too.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Would dill or bread&butter be more of a disaster there?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Honey, it's your turn to sleep in the pickle-spot tonight.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Konar posted:

Would dill or bread&butter be more of a disaster there?

Well of the two only dill pickles are edible so

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Poor choice of words there.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

nexous posted:

They’re still good

limp_cheese posted:

lol

it still makes me sad. now the pickles are loose. loose pickles.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Clearly they didn't spill their sleeping pickles

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Got themselves into a real sour cucumber.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

Unless............... :thunk:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Thread update: I just ate a van houtens giant pickle. It was everything I wanted out of this thread

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I try to spill my pickle before I go to sleep, but sometimes it's difficult so I do it in the morning instead.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
make like peter piper and peck my pickle

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Pictured: me enjoying a delicious sleep pickle before bedtime.

:gooncamp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVBrgvETf8&t=11s