Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Carlson without Fox News is going to be the next Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly. Overnight he'll turn from The Number One Threat To Democracy into some easy to avoid jerkoff with a version of a talk radio show.

Just ask almost any former ESPN star. It turns out they weren't really there to see you all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

FizFashizzle posted:

I went to a evangelical wedding in rural sc last weekend. the service was thankfully short and my gf only knew the bride and one of the bridesmaid so we just peaced out early. Wedding sucked anyway; it was on May 5th so they had a (terrible) taco buffet and did margarita shots and miller lite.

Some of the groomsmen helped with the bar. they were nice enough. I had mentioned to someone that I was from asheville which to a lot of people in rural carolinas is full of filthy hippies smoking weed in churches or whatever. it has a ludicrous reputation.

One of the groomsmen joked to me "hey you know anyone in asheville that smokes weed?" look back on it now he was trying to make a joke and just figured I was from the area. Also i look like a republican when I dress up.

But I misheard him and didn't realize he as making a joke, so I joked back "no weed but I'm waiting for these shrooms to kick in."

for the rest of the time there the bridesmaids and groomsmen were very obviously whispering and pointing at me lol

I have no idea what "looking like a Republican" means, but I assume it's your thin blue line tattoo?

Also, a taco buffet at a wedding sounds fantastic. Don't be judgemental.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Bird in a Blender posted:

The other doctors are at least correcting him over and over, but my god that’s an awful thing to put on TV.

It's pretty telling that when I typed in "Good Doctor," one of the top hits was "Good Doctor transgender episode," which aired in 2018, jfc.

Bonus info, the actress in the episode is trans, which makes those scenes feel even worse.

GD_American posted:

Carlson without Fox News is going to be the next Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly. Overnight he'll turn from The Number One Threat To Democracy into some easy to avoid jerkoff with a version of a talk radio show.

Just ask almost any former ESPN star. It turns out they weren't really there to see you all along.

Hopefully, but I don't think either of them had the pull with Congress that Tucker did, if he really did help McCarthy get Speaker like has been said recently, so I suspect that he'll stick around for a while yet.

I do agree that this isn't going to keep him on top, though. My dad watched Tucker pretty regularly, and I haven't heard him say poo poo about him being fired. He still watches Fox like nothing happened, and I don't think he's going to care about some Twitter podcast

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Tucker is going to make hundreds of millions of dollars doing his own thing. He'll have his twitter show and he'll release it as a podcast as well and he'll make bank.

Oh no question, it's a good situation for him. Twitter has much greater reach than FNC these days, his junk will be pushed to the top of everybody's feed, and I imagine that the job security is halfway decent so long as Twitter hasn't totally collapsed. I'm more laughing at Elon for spending forty-four billion dollars and running his investment into the ground in order to make some of the worst people in the world like him. But hey, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Hey Elon, next time you need the rush of burning some money just break me off 10 G's TIA

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Elon give me a ton of money to argue with Gundam fan twitter about why their fave sucks, even if I also enjoy their fave.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MrLogan posted:

I have no idea what "looking like a Republican" means, but I assume it's your thin blue line tattoo?

That taco buffet was probably made with El Paso products and ground beef. I can't imagine a proper taco buffet being terrible.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like weddings because I love my friends and if they're punishing I find a way to make them fun. Usually by drinking with my friends.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shinji2015 posted:

It's pretty telling that when I typed in "Good Doctor," one of the top hits was "Good Doctor transgender episode," which aired in 2018, jfc.

Bonus info, the actress in the episode is trans, which makes those scenes feel even worse.

Here's how the Netflix Babysitter's Club show handled transgender pre-adolescents.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1286390878546694149?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That taco buffet was probably made with El Paso products and ground beef. I can't imagine a proper taco buffet being terrible.

Way worse than that.

Not even Taco Bell tier.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Air Skwirl posted:

Here's how the Netflix Babysitter's Club show handled transgender pre-adolescents.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1286390878546694149?s=20

Amazing.

I might have to start using that explanation, that's better than most I've used

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The other doctors are at least correcting him over and over, but my god that’s an awful thing to put on TV.

They manage to be simultaneously disrespectful to trans people and autistic people

Good job show

Shinji2015 posted:

Amazing.

I might have to start using that explanation, that's better than most I've used

I've seen handedness pushed as a metaphor fairly frequently when transphobes try to claim it's some woke agenda because more people are coming out as trans. They used to force kids to use their right hands even if they were lefty and when that stopped the percentage of left handed people went way up over time, but no one calls that some woke agenda. Same thing, trans people have always been around, it's just that it's only starting to become socially accepted (sort of) and the right is fighting back against it big time because they lost the culture war with gay marriage

e: what the poo poo is this

https://twitter.com/SVH00318868/status/1655497659354865665

Intruder fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 10, 2023

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Good morning, dude was arrested this morning:

https://twitter.com/sarasidnerCNN/status/1656289703304347648?t=TYFW1s8F5Jy32cdtrLktuA&s=19

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Amazing how low the bar had to be for something to be done.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrLogan posted:

Only if they're good tacos.

Also I'm enjoying the White Trash Lady Columbo show.

Nov 6, 2002

Qanon follower married to Supreme Court Justice, no bid deal.

https://twitter.com/jennycohn1/status/1656174551003467777

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

C-Euro posted:

Oh no question, it's a good situation for him. Twitter has much greater reach than FNC these days, his junk will be pushed to the top of everybody's feed, and I imagine that the job security is halfway decent so long as Twitter hasn't totally collapsed. I'm more laughing at Elon for spending forty-four billion dollars and running his investment into the ground in order to make some of the worst people in the world like him. But hey, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Hey Elon, next time you need the rush of burning some money just break me off 10 G's TIA

Tucker's Fox News audience is old people; old people aren't on Twitter.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

I've seen handedness pushed as a metaphor fairly frequently when transphobes try to claim it's some woke agenda because more people are coming out as trans. They used to force kids to use their right hands even if they were lefty and when that stopped the percentage of left handed people went way up over time, but no one calls that some woke agenda. Same thing, trans people have always been around, it's just that it's only starting to become socially accepted (sort of) and the right is fighting back against it big time because they lost the culture war with gay marriage
As a sinistral goon I still get a poo poo ton of "wrong-handedness" whenever people learn I'm left-handed.

Also don't think that the ultra-conservative sect stopped trying to make kids right handed when they're growing up just because being left-handed is socially acceptable now. Of course there's the cultural aspect too: IIRC the old Middle Eastern concept of the left hand being used only for cleaning your rear end is still a thing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

George Santos is going to try and do more crimes in prison

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bobjr posted:

Put him in a cell with Sam Bankfraud-Fried and watch them both disappear into the singularity of crime they'll create.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

As a sinistral goon I still get a poo poo ton of "wrong-handedness" whenever people learn I'm left-handed.

Also don't think that the ultra-conservative sect stopped trying to make kids right handed when they're growing up just because being left-handed is socially acceptable now. Of course there's the cultural aspect too: IIRC the old Middle Eastern concept of the left hand being used only for cleaning your rear end is still a thing.

No subtext, isn't it probably preferable to learn to be right-handed if at all possible since so much of society is set up with the assumption of right-handedness?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

bobjr posted:

It is his nature. Also, the Republican majority in the house just shrunk one vote now. They need to watch who is out of town during votes because Dems could actually outnumber Republicans if enough were sick or gone at the right time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

No subtext, isn't it probably preferable to learn to be right-handed if at all possible since so much of society is set up with the assumption of right-handedness?

you know, there's a metaphor in this, i think you can find it

Nov 6, 2002

Alaois posted:

lol thank you

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Alaois posted:

What is this, pre-AP English?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

General Dog posted:

My second grade teacher tried to enforce this on me. I still have the scars on my knuckles. It didn't work.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Alaois posted:

come on man expecting a republican to get nuance and subtlety is never gonna go over well

Nov 6, 2002

Six minute motorcycle police chase.

https://twitter.com/ass_beaters/status/1656307375580561408

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people

quote:

Owing to cultural and social pressures, many left-handed children were forced to write and perform other activities with their right hands. This conversion can cause multiple problems in the developing left-handed child, including learning disorders, dyslexia,[12] stuttering[13][14][15] and other speech disorders.[16]

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It is his nature. Also, the Republican majority in the house just shrunk one vote now. They need to watch who is out of town during votes because Dems could actually outnumber Republicans if enough were sick or gone at the right time.

Well, about that…..

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1656324611955474433

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

If the GOP was concerned about criminal conduct, they wouldn't have fallen in line behind Trump.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uh gotta let the legal process play out mumble mumble bob menendez mumble

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Uh gotta let the legal process play out mumble mumble bob menendez mumble

Unless the legal process does play out and its because it's a New York jury.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Unless the legal process does play out and its because it's a New York jury.

A radical left New York jury would never convict a starting member of the 1998 Yankees.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
How's everyone's day going? I was having a crummy morning until I was behind a Tesla sitting at a green light and my wife says "come on, just because there isn't a kid in front of you doesn't mean you can't go" and now I'm in a great mood

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

How's everyone's day going? I was having a crummy morning until I was behind a Tesla sitting at a green light and my wife says "come on, just because there isn't a kid in front of you doesn't mean you can't go" and now I'm in a great mood

Hah that’s pretty great

My day started with 6 hours of training (2 hour blocks separated out through the day) and I found out the first block is done so now I don’t have to do it tomorrow or Friday either

In one of the CRM trainings the trainer told a story about how one of her old direct reports once got hit by a car while on a motorcycle and wound up in the hospital for 3 months. Said during that time he was still the best at keeping his CRM info updated and being productive. She said she wanted all of us to be that diligent in updating the CRM. She was trying to be inspirational I guess but Everyone in the class was like lol no lady if I get hit by a car and I’m in the hospital for 3 months we’ll see you when I’m out.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I freaking crushed it on several topics this morning but made two small dumb mistakes in a meeting.

The mistakes were minor and nobody in the meeting probably remembered that I made the mistakes.

But I don’t like making mistakes :mad:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Morning was going fine then literally the second before we're about to leave for school my 8-year-old announces she isn't going. This ends with me having to carry her out to the car without her shoes on. In the 30 minutes while I'm away dropping her off at school, the people who are supposed to turn on our sprinkler system for the arrive and leave because nobody is there to answer the door. To their credit, they were an hour and a half early. We do manage to reschedule for later in the day and we have three busted sprinkler heads that needed to be replaced.

Also I made cornbread.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Boomer flag guy is back at it with someone on the phone, so I can only hear his side of it.

"Did he put the flag at half staff yet??"
"Yeah, the POLICE OFFICER. Cop? What are you, some kind of gangster?"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

welp

Coworker just told me that our company owner is thinking about suspending our draw if sales don't pick up soon, which at the rate things are going right now they are almost definitely not gonna do that.

My draw makes up my entire salary. I have not earned commission once in my entire time working at this place, and I've become convinced that doing so in my territory is basically impossible unless you're either a wizard or doing some sort of shady/illegal poo poo. I'm going on almost two months without a sale, and my coworker (only other salesperson in my territory) isn't making nearly enough profit for us to even hit our minimum quota for payroll. Forget saving our draw, at this rate my entire company branch might not survive past summer.

This workplace is now officially a doomed ship. I don't work for free, and I'm not working at a place where I can't expect to make a regular paycheck. I need to find a new job.

Silly Burrito posted:

You’re working with trees, right? Did you do any of the below? Mix and match as necessary.

[stuff]

You may have just saved me literal hours of sitting on my rear end procrastinating thinking way too hard about what exact words to write on my resume with this post. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Seems like you're already there, but the second you don't get a paycheck is when you quit. I know it's a sales based job, but gently caress that poo poo.