Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Heath posted:

You should click through her username

Huh, I thought they were different people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Consummate Professional posted:

Lmao this mf doesn’t know about french directors

guilty, I guess.

Gripweed posted:

Hesse is Zero Suit Camus. Claire Penis, while also trans, is a different person.

ya know navigating the vagaries of obscure human thought vomit online is hard enough having ASD but at least I manage to not be as confidently stupid as you

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Huh, I thought they were different people.

I realized that I was essentially writing a story about two different people. There was ZeroSuitCamus, celebrated in the media as a rock-star podcaster whose brilliance dazzled illustrious rich followers, and whose criminal trial captivated the world. Then there is Claire Penis,

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mr. Grinch posted:

guilty, I guess.

ya know navigating the vagaries of obscure human thought vomit online is hard enough having ASD but at least I manage to not be as confidently stupid as you

I can tell you're upset but this is still uncalled for.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wait I thought her name was Metroid

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1655975570046320653

This person's handle is driving me insane. Do they think Camus is pronounced the same as Samus?

it is

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thay episode of E1 where Hesse mediated their HR complaints and was like 'wait these are all about Charles??' was epic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

No Dignity posted:

Thay episode of E1 where Hesse mediated their HR complaints and was like 'wait these are all about Charles??' was epic

Branson admitting that he does refer to his regular household chores as "dailies" like the Warcraft quests was so good.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

uber_stoat posted:

also Hesse is trans (get it)

i don't get this one

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Wait I thought her name was Metroid

Mrs. Zelda Metroid-Mario

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

i don't get this one

penis

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

oh i misunderstood, i thought the name "hesse" was some kind of pun i couldn't figure out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pharmaskittle posted:

oh i misunderstood, i thought the name "hesse" was some kind of pun i couldn't figure out

On her episode of E1 Hesse makes a joke about her name that baffles the whole crew

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/270-e1s-mandatory-hr-meeting

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Penis Mindset

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr. Grinch posted:

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1655975570046320653

This person's handle is driving me insane. Do they think Camus is pronounced the same as Samus?

Mr. Grinch posted:

the type of pun where the two words are completely unrelated or dont rhyme at all as a "hilarious" low effort non joke/troll?
Or is there a more obvious word im missing

funniest posts in this thread for real. Like why are you so pressed LOL

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Gripweed posted:

On her episode of E1 Hesse makes a joke about her name that baffles the whole crew

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/270-e1s-mandatory-hr-meeting

oh ok hesse: he/she, got it

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

what do you expect from the fuckin grinch

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

the type of pun where the two words are completely unrelated or dont rhyme at all as a "hilarious" low effort non joke/troll?
Or is there a more obvious word im missing

they changed one letter, op, seems like the words are pretty closely related in that way

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1656326879949869062?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

little munchkin posted:

they changed one letter, op, seems like the words are pretty closely related in that way

are we all pretending that "Claire Denis" is a household name now

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I was confused for reasons I already explained. When someone makes a joke that is predicated on them being incorrect, its usually more plausible (IME) that they are actually incorrect and not just ~trolling~

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

my guy....

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Mr. Grinch posted:

I was confused for reasons I already explained. When someone makes a joke that is predicated on them being incorrect, its usually more plausible (IME) that they are actually incorrect and not just ~trolling~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

jokes on you, I was just pretending to be imperceptive :smug: hilarious, right?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr. Grinch posted:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Mr. Grinch posted:

jokes on you, I was just pretending to be imperceptive :smug: hilarious, right?

Still not too late to make a “my bad, I was overthinking a dumb joke” post like a semi normal person.

Equeen fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 10, 2023

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Where's wizard master when you need him???

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

In the age of digital identity and online interactions, usernames have become essential for individuals to carve out their virtual personas. Often, individuals opt for usernames that reflect their personality, interests, or sense of humor. One popular choice is the utilization of puns, which adds a touch of wit and cleverness to one's online presence. However, it is crucial to recognize the importance of accuracy when using puns for usernames. This essay explores the significance of accuracy in pun-based usernames and highlights its impact on personal branding, communication, and online engagement.

A pun-based username that accurately reflects an individual's interests or characteristics can contribute to effective personal branding. When users encounter a pun that aligns with their expectations and interests, it helps establish a connection, making the username more memorable and relatable. An accurate pun also showcases a user's creativity and attention to detail, which can enhance their overall online reputation and personal brand.

Accuracy in pun-based usernames ensures effective communication between individuals. When a username presents an accurate pun, it creates an instant bond with like-minded users. Shared humor and linguistic cleverness can facilitate interactions and promote the formation of online communities. Conversely, an inaccurate pun may lead to confusion or misinterpretation, hindering communication and diminishing the desired impact.

An accurately crafted pun-based username has the potential to become memorable and shareable. When users encounter a username that skillfully combines humor and relevance, they are more likely to remember it and share it with others. This can lead to increased visibility, social engagement, and the potential for networking opportunities. Inaccurate puns, on the other hand, may fail to elicit the desired response and dilute the chances of being remembered or shared.

Puns in usernames provide an opportunity for individuals to showcase their personality and sense of humor. An accurately constructed pun can reflect a user's wit, cleverness, or interests, enabling them to express themselves authentically in the online world. Conversely, an inaccurate pun might send mixed signals about an individual's true personality or create confusion among others, leading to a lack of understanding or misrepresentation.

Accuracy is paramount when using puns for usernames to ensure that they do not inadvertently offend or cause distress to others. Puns, when employed thoughtfully and accurately, can foster a positive and inclusive online environment. However, an inaccurate pun may unintentionally perpetuate stereotypes, cultural insensitivity, or inappropriate connotations, damaging relationships and potentially leading to negative repercussions.

In the realm of online interactions, pun-based usernames offer an avenue for individuals to express their personality, humor, and creativity. However, it is essential to prioritize accuracy when utilizing puns for usernames. Accurate puns contribute to effective personal branding, enhance communication, and foster memorable and shareable experiences. They also reflect the user's personality authentically and promote a positive and inclusive online environment. By recognizing the importance of accuracy in pun-based usernames, individuals can establish meaningful connections, build their online presence, and contribute positively to the digital community.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNSEbmSG6gA

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
poo poo, ignore this.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

COPE 27 posted:

In the age of digital identity and online interactions, usernames have become essential for individuals to carve out their virtual personas. Often, individuals opt for usernames that reflect their personality, interests, or sense of humor. One popular choice is the utilization of puns, which adds a touch of wit and cleverness to one's online presence. However, it is crucial to recognize the importance of accuracy when using puns for usernames. This essay explores the significance of accuracy in pun-based usernames and highlights its impact on personal branding, communication, and online engagement.

A pun-based username that accurately reflects an individual's interests or characteristics can contribute to effective personal branding. When users encounter a pun that aligns with their expectations and interests, it helps establish a connection, making the username more memorable and relatable. An accurate pun also showcases a user's creativity and attention to detail, which can enhance their overall online reputation and personal brand.

Accuracy in pun-based usernames ensures effective communication between individuals. When a username presents an accurate pun, it creates an instant bond with like-minded users. Shared humor and linguistic cleverness can facilitate interactions and promote the formation of online communities. Conversely, an inaccurate pun may lead to confusion or misinterpretation, hindering communication and diminishing the desired impact.

An accurately crafted pun-based username has the potential to become memorable and shareable. When users encounter a username that skillfully combines humor and relevance, they are more likely to remember it and share it with others. This can lead to increased visibility, social engagement, and the potential for networking opportunities. Inaccurate puns, on the other hand, may fail to elicit the desired response and dilute the chances of being remembered or shared.

Puns in usernames provide an opportunity for individuals to showcase their personality and sense of humor. An accurately constructed pun can reflect a user's wit, cleverness, or interests, enabling them to express themselves authentically in the online world. Conversely, an inaccurate pun might send mixed signals about an individual's true personality or create confusion among others, leading to a lack of understanding or misrepresentation.

Accuracy is paramount when using puns for usernames to ensure that they do not inadvertently offend or cause distress to others. Puns, when employed thoughtfully and accurately, can foster a positive and inclusive online environment. However, an inaccurate pun may unintentionally perpetuate stereotypes, cultural insensitivity, or inappropriate connotations, damaging relationships and potentially leading to negative repercussions.

In the realm of online interactions, pun-based usernames offer an avenue for individuals to express their personality, humor, and creativity. However, it is essential to prioritize accuracy when utilizing puns for usernames. Accurate puns contribute to effective personal branding, enhance communication, and foster memorable and shareable experiences. They also reflect the user's personality authentically and promote a positive and inclusive online environment. By recognizing the importance of accuracy in pun-based usernames, individuals can establish meaningful connections, build their online presence, and contribute positively to the digital community.
jokers trick

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

COPE 27 posted:

this was helpful, thank you. i now feel obligated to confess that i am not actually the grinch

Equeen posted:

Still not too late to make a “my bad, I was overthinking a dumb joke” post like a semi normal person.

im not normal, detecting sarcasm is hard for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Equeen posted:

poo poo, ignore this.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
and another thing, was Kevin Garnett a real person or what

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Hold on, you guys pronounce it came-us? Or something? Cam-oo? I will be sticking with the phonics, thanks very much.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Thompsons posted:

Anything is possible.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Link is Zelda???

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Many people are saying this.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

did matt and chris ever do their eu4 stream?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zero Suit Seamus

AnimeIsTrash posted:

did matt and chris ever do their eu4 stream?

they mentioned it on the recent ep and i actually think it's supposed to happen this afternoon or tomorrow or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Thompsons posted:

Lol flashbacks to how mad this thread got when they had the Safdie interview episode