Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

drat that reyvis fight was a bit underwhelming

i was really expecting it to go for three or four phases but instead he just kind of gave up after two

disappointing!

With the way they built up his invulnerability/regen I thought Cal'd end up yeeting him into the super-duper-laser that otherwise doesn't really matter for the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Complete_Cynic posted:

With the way they built up his invulnerability/regen I thought Cal'd end up yeeting him into the super-duper-laser that otherwise doesn't really matter for the plot.

yeah they made a big deal out of him being basically invulnerable to lightsabers and then the solution is to just... hit him with your lightsaber a couple more times

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

In the Legends continuity they had a bounty hunter of the same species as Rayvis, and (non-Survivor spoilers) they finally managed to kill him by Force-pushing him into the heart of a star

(Survivor spoilers)Rayvis' death kinda works on a narrative level though, he recognizes he's finally been beaten and chooses to die rather than try to keep fighting over and over again expecting a different result

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

He was the most vulnerable invulnerable person I’ve ever seen. But I think it ties into the whole he is tired and just wants to die the warrior’s death thing so wasn’t too disappointed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ninjahedgehog posted:

In the Legends continuity they had a bounty hunter of the same species as Rayvis, and (non-Survivor spoilers) they finally managed to kill him by Force-pushing him into the heart of a star

Now that's the ending I want, a QTE minigame like in Force Unleashed except instead of a Star Destroyer you're pushing Rayvis.

FrontRowSeat
Jul 14, 2006

I would often visit the local duck pond to contemplate life and consider which duck looked the most delicious.
4th patch just dropped for PC it looks like. Did it do much for console players? I know it came out yesterday for them. Hopefully it'll help some with the PC performance.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Patch improved my performance and appears to have solved the periodic crashes I was getting... Just in time for me to finish the post-game cleanup on NG+. Oh well, at least people new to the game will have a cleaner experience.

Also, this game has one of the best NG+ options I've encountered.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 10, 2023

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

CJacobs posted:

Unironically would like a reason to shout "Turgle!! NOOOOooo" at my TV.

3rd game has Turgle join forces with Oggdo Bogdo and Spawn of Oggdo, the ultimate betrayal!

Almost finished with main game, just got to Nova Garon. Went kind of crazy on getting stuff between missions so I'm pretty much almost at 100% for everything I give a drat about; think I'm skipping the traversal force tears thanks to the aforementioned control/jank issues I've had with that sort of thing (also I think all the "jump through the air" puzzles in the game have been giving me a little bit of vertigo/mild acrophobia; the Observatory I had to take a few breaks after all the air bouncing with careful timing puzzles). Won't miss the skill points; I'm literally at just the last few skills in the final skill tree I'm missing from all the backtracking and fighting I've done. Also screw those drat scavenger droids; very obnoxious to hunt down, especially when they're spawned with enemies and Cal just wants to steer attacks towards those instead. Also there's no unlockable map sign for databank entries I can see, which is unfortunate.

Plot-wise taking control of Cere was fun (she feels very much stronger than Cal) and the Darth Vader fight was great; I was surprisingly good at dealing with him, think playing aggressively rather than letting him control the pace was important. I was spoiled about Bode's betrayal already but the execution was awesome particularly the character reactions; the base on Jedha is truly sad afterwards. Can't help but think Bode is just Dagan Gera pt. 2, just switching a fanatical "I want Tanalorr so I can show up the original Jedi!" to "I want Tanalorr for my daughter!" except in that Anakin fashion where you betray everything they would actually want in the process. Kind of stupid really, can't see why he did this considering he could easily have taken his daughter to Tanalorr with Cal and the others, unless he thinks they'd give the place away or whatever. Just wonder if he'll be redeemed or die, I could see either.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Why was there an arachnophobia setting at the beginning? I don’t remember seeing a single spider enemy in the whole game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

Why was there an arachnophobia setting at the beginning? I don’t remember seeing a single spider enemy in the whole game.

Yeah you can turn off the spiders, and they are just entirely removed from the game.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

I never posted it in here, but I remembered to try it out halfway through, and well...

It was not what I expected

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I just got the blaster and I gotta say they really beefed it on the FX for it. Its so piddly! There are certainly blasters that shoot like this in the series, but the best ones have big honkin laser blasts like Han's DL-44. I dont want pew pew I want PEW PEW

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Do the cosmetics change anything about the blaster sounds?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

MadDogMike posted:

Also there's no unlockable map sign for databank entries I can see, which is unfortunate.
There is, but it's available at a later point than you are right now. Vague location spoiler: It's actually on Nova Garon.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

There is, but it's available at a later point than you are right now. Vague location spoiler: It's actually on Nova Garon.

Also, it doesn't reveal all Databanks. There are about a dozen that unlock in the post-game and don't show up even with the map upgrade.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Even before Disney announced that the next Star Wars movie was about Rey rebuilding the Jedi Order, I've been thinking that the next thing they ought to do would be to have Rey get together with Cal, Ahsoka, and Grogu for an "okay, the Jedi sucked and failed, what are we going to build to replace them that'll work" conference. They've all got varying levels of Jedi training and very different viewpoints on the previous Jedi Order, and each of them has come around to "okay, no, not that" from an entirely different angle, so it'd be interesting.

This game has only reinforced it for me that Disney is missing a major trick if they don't get Cameron Monaghan on screen at some point. Bonus points if he brings Merrin and Kata, who they've trained as a Jedi/Nightsister synthesis. DO IT YOU loving MOUSE

Jerkface posted:

I just got the blaster and I gotta say they really beefed it on the FX for it. Its so piddly! There are certainly blasters that shoot like this in the series, but the best ones have big honkin laser blasts like Han's DL-44. I dont want pew pew I want PEW PEW
Charge your shot, then. And get the powerup where you can IT'S HIGH NOON everyone you see.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Hahaha I might have overleveled for this Rayvis fight, I have had a harder time with the electro hammer raiders.

First time I felt good using the blaster in a boss fight, too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

CapnAndy posted:

Charge your shot, then. And get the powerup where you can IT'S HIGH NOON everyone you see.

Even the charge shot sucks, and im sorry i dont want a glowing orb on the tip of my blaster. I want to vaporize fools with the chunky blaster FX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcYzeu2Cjzw&t=152s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_fcnOJc-R4&t=108s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH19gKo7W7w&t=44s

Part of it is probably the third person nature of the game, but they need to compensate on that. I cant even tell im shooting sometimes its such a weak little blue laser and sound.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 10, 2023

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lord Hydronium posted:

That one where the electricity swaps sides every time you jump wasn't bad, even if it took me a little bit to get it.

I'm honestly embarrassed how long it took me to realize what was triggering the "random" swaps.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

[reads patch notes]

quote:

Fixed a bug where Rayvis would become unbeatable.
...hah

quote:

Added a note explaining that some of BD-1’s abilities are not available while in combat.
Can you hit droids with the Electro-dart when not in combat?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yes, and it instantly hacks them. I got two of those big double electro staff droids to beat the absolute poo poo out of an AT-ST on Jedha this way.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yes, and it instantly hacks them. I got two of those big double electro staff droids to beat the absolute poo poo out of an AT-ST on Jedha this way.
what

why did the game never tell me I could do that??

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Maybe I'm imagining things, but this latest patch seems to have made the game run quite a bit better on my poor sub-minimum spec system. :unsmith:

That being said, am I missing something or is there really no way to switch between targets while in Focus mode (RB)?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CapnAndy posted:

what

I'm pretty sure it does. I don't recall where exactly, but it's somewhere

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

what

isk posted:

Yeah it does, when you get the power or shortly after. I know this because as soon as it was mentioned here, I instantly remembered forgetting to ever use it for the rest of the game :doh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CapnAndy posted:

what

It does but it’s quick and very off-handed.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The pc patch is out and for some reason it's taking literally all day to install, despite being only 4.3gb in actual "size" wtfh

just "patching" took an hour, and now it's on the "install" phase, and well

what the hell??

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MadDogMike posted:

3rd game has Turgle join forces with Oggdo Bogdo and Spawn of Oggdo, the ultimate betrayal!

Post-credits stinger where it shows Oggdo Bogo and Spawn of Oggdo, standing in front of a figure covered in shadow (implied to be their leader). The camera zooms in, revealing Turgle.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah you can turn off the spiders, and they are just entirely removed from the game.

Everyone needs to e-mail the developers explaining how common Ranidaphobia (fear of frogs) is

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 10, 2023

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

isk posted:

It's weird. When you get that upgrade, it tells you that zapping robots from out of combat speeds up hacking, or something like that. It definitely doesn't say that lobbing a taser at them instantly mind controls them, but that's what it does.

Not sure if the text is wrong or if the instant hack is a bug.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Fuckin’ :laffo: at Rick the Door Technician.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

isk posted:

There is a legendary robot you need to beat up on Coruscant, and it will give a pop up explaining this.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

There is some excellent comedy around the Imps in this game.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My experience so far is mostly watching my gal play and I get irritated when she jumps a group before the scripted exchanges play out.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Welp, I have the pc patch installed. Now the game crashes after a couple of minutes of gameplay :v:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

ZeeBoi posted:

Fuckin’ :laffo: at Rick the Door Technician.

I immediately pulled him and instantly killed him before I even got a chance to process what I was seeing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished it finally decent game. I never quite got why Dagan was so obsessed with Tanalorr though, I assumed we'd find out there was something up with it eventually but you just kinda go there and beat the final boss and that's it. I feel like Kata was a bit too okay with hanging out with the people that killed her dad too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

I immediately pulled him and instantly killed him before I even got a chance to process what I was seeing.

:respek::smith:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished it finally decent game. I never quite got why Dagan was so obsessed with Tanalorr though, I assumed we'd find out there was something up with it eventually but you just kinda go there and beat the final boss and that's it. I feel like Kata was a bit too okay with hanging out with the people that killed her dad too.

just wait for the next game where Cal is training Kata and she turns against him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The best part of blaster stance is the gun parry. Boom idiot.