Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

stats guys are unhinged. also Detroit’s travelling more while hitting half as many time zones as Minnesota, not even getting to go anywhere new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ghosthorse posted:

stats guys are unhinged. also Detroit’s travelling more while hitting half as many time zones as Minnesota, not even getting to go anywhere new

First time in KC since 2003!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

So does Arizona’s refusal to do daylight savings time put them at a competitive advantage or disadvantage in the time zone changing category? This could be making all the difference!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I can't believe that teams in the midwest don't have to travel as far. This, to me, is worth examining.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
It's not all about East/West travel, Minneapolis to Houston is like 1200mi and its the same time zone. Without looking I'd guess that Detroit plays both Dallas and Houston this year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Recursive posted:

It's not all about East/West travel, Minneapolis to Houston is like 1200mi and its the same time zone. Without looking I'd guess that Detroit plays both Dallas and Houston this year.

Dallas and Houston are both in different timezones than detroit.

Honestly I have no idea how that timezones thing is calculated but there's definitely something weird and wrong about it.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 11, 2023

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Detroit is the only NFC north team in the Eastern time zone. Seems weird their number there is so low.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Hot Diggity! posted:

I can't believe that teams in the midwest don't have to travel as far. This, to me, is worth examining.

Weird that traveling from a central position and no international games yields fewer miles.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The Lions play 5 away games against teams in Central time (Bears, Pack, Vikes, Cowboys, and Chiefs), 1 game in PST (Chargers), and 3 games against teams in EST (Saints, Bucs, Ravens). So if you count the time zone difference going one way, the math checks out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SirPablo posted:

Weird that traveling from a central position and no international games yields fewer miles.

Yeah but for a team that is the only member of their division in one time zone, how are they the ones with the lowest time zone changes? Got lucky with distance-home games I guess.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly I have no idea how that timezones thing is calculated but there's definitely something weird and wrong about it.

The only I can figure is, they count how many time zones you cross for each road game. So for Detroit, each divisional road game is worth 1 time zone. So there's 3, then 3 more for the trip to San Diego. Then 1 each for KC and NO. Bam, 8.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Q_res posted:

The only I can figure is, they count how many time zones you cross for each road game. So for Detroit, each divisional road game is worth 1 time zone. So there's 3, then 3 more for the trip to San Diego. Then 1 each for KC and NO. Bam, 8.

Vikings number would also be 8 if that were the case

Chicago, GB - 0
Detroit, Atlanta, Carolina, Denver, Philly, Cinci - 6
Vegas - 2

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, I don't know. Sitting here looking at the schedules, I can't see how you end up with twice as many for the Vikings as the Lions. You're right there's something weird going on here. I was thinking maybe something to do with back-to-back road games, but they shouldn't have that info, right?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Any overseas games?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Detroit Lions are America's Preferred Football Cats

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1656622683931676673

Lotta Love in primetime

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s honestly a pretty favorable schedule. Minus the KC one which will probably go like last years game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

The Detroit Lions are America's Preferred Football Cats

maybe professionally but you're forgetting about the wild popularity of the northwestern wildcats.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s honestly a pretty favorable schedule. Minus the KC one which will probably go like last years game

Two instances of playing twice in four days sucks rear end imo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Two instances of playing twice in four days sucks rear end imo

I mean the Packers aren’t going to be good so it’s whatever, but if you want a schedule that’s easy on Love as he gets experience that’s about all you can ask

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

They're gonna be good OP

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The packers are still gonna win the division let's not kid ourselves

we like to have fun here but let's be realistic for once

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gotta get the next Packers HOF QB some face time with America.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Does he not have an iPhone? It's 2023, you can FaceTime fairly easily now

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Packers are winning the division

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Packers are winning the division

That's exactly right

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's weird that so many of these late afternoon/primetime games for the Packers are away games. Six compared to two at home.

I try to go to at least one home game a season, and I usually prefer to get a night game. This season I only have two to pick from (Lions and Chiefs), and the latter is probably gonna be stupid expensive unless the Packers suck.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Those late-season SNF games could be flexed out if things go badly.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I hate the 3:25 start times so that is a good schedule.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I cannot loving wait for Jordan Love to push our poo poo in week one, so I can just get rid of all optimism and hope early.

Thanks NFL schedule makers for making this easy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Yeah the Bears are going to get absolutely rolled week one, same as it ever was.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

At least the Bears invested in their pass rush this offseason.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I hate Primetime games, Noon games are the one true good game time. I wanna drink and eat all day then go to bed early!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

SKULL.GIF posted:

At least the Bears invested in their pass rush this offseason.

What's the pass rush equivalent to hole in the zone?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Alleged Vikings schedule:

https://twitter.com/eli_corbett/status/1656676226776588295?t=H-AaBM2Ef8Vkd8ArHw6UTg&s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

I cannot loving wait for Jordan Love to push our poo poo in week one, so I can just get rid of all optimism and hope early.

Packers also get false hope that Love is ready week 1.

A win for everyone

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

Yeah the Bears are going to get absolutely rolled week one, same as it ever was.

Dexo posted:

Last year was the tank year so it doesn't count, but as you all know Bears coaches always get to win One (1) vs Greenbay, and this one seems to be it.
It will be just like last season's opener. A Fields performance that makes us excited for what he could be during fluke weather days before he gets hurt again

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The last time the Bears won against the Packers in the first game was 2006. They won 26-0 and it also featured Devin Hesters first return TD in the NFL.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

lions twice at the end of the year is going to be really rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Bengals, 2x lions, and a GB in your last 4 isn't ideal, no.