Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I almost flipped my poo poo till I realized the Christmas Day game is in Philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Been dating this girl since last October and she went from not really caring about nfl when we met to last night we were watching tiktoks and a guy came up who had on a bunch of Cowboys gear and she went "yeuch..." I was so proud 🥹 any of yall rubbed off on your SOs?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

beep by grandpa posted:

any of yall rubbed off on your SOs?

Sir

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

beep by grandpa posted:

ay YO

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

beep by grandpa posted:

:laugh:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Romo had a weak little baby arm and no deep accuracy. He spent his career checking down to Jason Witten with over a fourth of his passes going to a checkdown TE, let alone all the times he checked down to his RBs and let them YAC. He directly lost several playoff games with his arm. I adamantly refuse to put Romo ahead of any of the famous QBs of the mid 2000s.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hell yeah, it’s Tony Romo time!

https://i.imgur.com/97BYY8r.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/8k2D9rf.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/W3fVZzB.gifv

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 10, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Reminder that we have this :romo:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
can't believe guy with jason garrett for an OC and HC didn't win more

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

can't believe guy with jason garrett for an OC and HC didn't win more
Truly shocking.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if Gilbride is an excuse so is Garrett. it's only fair

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I agree, Daniel Jones was held back by Garrett for a minute there but I think he too is already better than Tony Romo now that he's been freed

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
To be honest and drop the facade for a moment, Romo was a really good QB for a while, but I think the big thing was the media nonsense around him. He came in as the starter midway through 2006, replacing the aging corpse of Drew Bledsoe, and was full on “just havin’ fun out there” plus Cowboys hype nonsense had half the football world and media hyping him as the next great HoF QB after like a month. He got too overhyped early on, which made it easy to hate on him and also dismiss what he did. Then had the Cowboys teams around him generally turn lovely (Remember that phase when their offensive line was awful and every snap was over his head? I know there were a bunch of jokes in TFF in that era), and you get that recognition that he was pretty good, and people started to appreciate him, particularly non-Cowboys fans. You had poo poo like the infamous 51-48 shootout with the Broncos in 2013 where a linebacker made a great diving pick on him at the end and the narrative became “ROMO BLOWS GAME :romo:” with no real mention that their defense never slowed Denver down at all. That sorta poo poo happened a bit. He had one more good season, his back broke a bunch, he became a good commentator for like half a season and a mediocre one ever since.

So yeah, he was a poor man’s Eli. gently caress Jerry Jones.

We now return to our normal shitposting. gently caress the Cowboys.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It's really funny that the Cowboys got one good but flawed QB that spent his entire career winning nothing important and being perpetually under and overrated at the same time and replaced him with...the same thing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the cowboys should just draft one of the next top prospects then the following season resign a journeyman backup drafted in the second round two regimes ago to run the table in January/February

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I find it especially funny that Cowboys fans are bagging on Eli when their fanbase pulls the same poo poo with the ever overrated Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith. It’s almost like stats don’t have meaningful predictive value in the nfl

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress!!! Owned again trying to crank that out on the train :qq:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that one was on purpose

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I was never scared of Romo in a big spot. I knew the Giants were winning the 2011 NFC East during pre-game warm ups.

RG3 was terrifying. But then he got hurt.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

RG3 was really fun to watch but I never got worried about him at all because him snapping in half felt inevitable the second I saw how he was being used

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Diqnol posted:

I find it especially funny that Cowboys fans are bagging on Eli when their fanbase pulls the same poo poo with the ever overrated Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith.

loving LOL

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

It's really funny that the Cowboys got one good but flawed QB that spent his entire career winning nothing important and being perpetually under and overrated at the same time and replaced him with...the same thing

This is pretty much it, except no one but me overrates Dak

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dak is the #1 qb in the history of the dallas cowboys

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nah that’s Staubach. Romo is #2. Dak is a top five historic cowboys qb, for sure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don’t know why but Clint Stoerner just popped into my head and that’s a drat fine name. Too bad he sucked poo poo at QB.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Historical rankings of Cowboys QBs

1. Vinny Testaverde
2. Roger Staubach
3. Don Meredith
4. :romo:
5. Danny White
6. Clint Longley
7. Randall Cunningham
8. Cooper Rush
9. Dak Prescott
10. Ben DiNucci
11. Jon Kitna
12. Gary Hogeboom
13. Craig Morton
14. Troy Aikman
15. Steve Walsh

I will not be taking questions at this time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tom Brady is a Dallas QB.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cowboys fans hanging their hat on a noddle armed more successful Manziel, a QB from the 70s that played for 11 years and only produced 22k yards and 150 TDs (lmao even by ancient QB standards), and an above average starting QB that they all want to chase out of town at any given time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We believe in less is more, and I think the results inexplicably speak for themselves, whichever way you wanna interpret that

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This still remains to me the funniest and most bizarre storyline

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1656663812475604993

49ers still upset they lost that game like they were destined to go to the Super Bowl or something

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Commanders @ (gently caress the) Cowboys on Thanksgiving according to leaks. The rematch will be week 18.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cowboys with another schedule bonus from the league you say

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

Historical rankings of Cowboys QBs

1. Vinny Testaverde
2. Roger Staubach
3. Don Meredith
4. :romo:
5. Danny White
6. Clint Longley
7. Randall Cunningham
8. Cooper Rush
9. Dak Prescott
10. Ben DiNucci
11. Jon Kitna
12. Gary Hogeboom
13. Craig Morton
14. Troy Aikman
15. Steve Walsh

I will not be taking questions at this time.

This is Quincy Carter erasure

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Harlock posted:

This still remains to me the funniest and most bizarre storyline

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1656663812475604993

49ers still upset they lost that game like they were destined to go to the Super Bowl or something

But Week 1 should theoretically be when your team is the healthiest, not December when Bosa pulled his groin again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Purdy was healthy to start the game. What is he crying about

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All Dallas regular season QB records should be discounted 2-3 wins a season. That combined with their lack of playoff success shows they have been bad since Aikman

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

This is Quincy Carter erasure

He’s #17, just behind Chad Hutchinson and ahead of Steve Beuerlein.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1656667996356759556

because they loved our reaction to the one from last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1656667996356759556

because they loved our reaction to the one from last year

There wasn't a long enough pause after his opening question to hear the world collectively shout no