Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I don't have any loving clue about Cash Wheeler's opinions on anything and maybe not coincidentally he is my favorite of those 3 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

I don't have any loving clue about Cash Wheeler's opinions on anything and maybe not coincidentally he is my favorite of those 3 people.

More and more people are saying "Ca$h is King"

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MJeff posted:

Do it. Make the KSA analogy. You know you want to.

Why would I do that, there's nothing even close to comparable

You guys are deflecting and it's really dumb. I wasn't arguing that the companies are similar, just defaulting to more capital as winning is really stupid, regardless of who's involved.

I will fully admit that Punk was nothing to me before AEW (stopped watching wrestling for a long time), and myself and the people who watch with me did not really get the hype. Only matches I really liked from him in AEW were v Darby, MJF dog collar, and the Sting trios (maybe I'm broken, but I thought the match with Dustin was not good at all). His old stuff is really good though, watching back through RoH has been great.

Anyways, see you at the cage match tonight!

E: v Hangman was good too, might have got over the hump without two failed buckshots

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 10, 2023

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Endless Mike posted:

"That's real cool, man, what do my knuckles say?"

PODC ASTR

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want to live in Grayson’s fictional world

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/PaulAceFontaine/status/1656458606991081475

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1656469114976894976

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lmao What was Dave replying to here?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mrenda posted:

If Tony can buy seats he can buy actors to sit in the seats. And if he can pay actors to sit in the seats he can pay tailors to sew up their mouths. What he does with the tailors, however... Probably get a spider to eat them. Now the spider. That's a whole new problem.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Me talking about any cat:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1656469114976894976?t=lmi0dtPtPpHxD28wewFd3Q&s=19

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

This feels like a mild but very persistent strain of fed-brain that shows up in any AEW recap. "Let things breathe" is such an annoying way of saying "I don't want too much wrestling in my wrestling show, please recap everything three times."

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Skios posted:

This feels like a mild but very persistent strain of fed-brain that shows up in any AEW recap. "Let things breathe" is such an annoying way of saying "I don't want too much wrestling in my wrestling show, please recap everything three times."

To some degree I get what they mean in that it can be nice to let the big moments linger (like if someone wins a title you shouldn't just go "straight to the back!") but I didn't feel anything like that was an issue tonight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skios posted:

They did so many video packages and backstage interviews last night.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, AEW can definitely get into the habit of rushing away from things too quickly and not letting them breathe but last night was not one of those nights. They also haven't gotten as laughably bad as TNA was at their worst.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Give me the TikTok of wrestling where everything is 2 minutes max and go from a match to a promo to a backstage skit

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, AEW can definitely get into the habit of rushing away from things too quickly and not letting them breathe but last night was not one of those nights. They also haven't gotten as laughably bad as TNA was at their worst.

I wonder if they cut the main event a little short because there was like 5 minutes of standing around looking shocked. Normally there's like 10 seconds.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

only the brightest takes from fight game media

"to be clear, i don't have an issue with any of this, i just presented it as an issue for a talking point. now, let me change the subject"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Endless Mike posted:

Give me the TikTok of wrestling where everything is 2 minutes max and go from a match to a promo to a backstage skit

But for the 15-30 minute opening promos this was basically Attitude era Raw

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
"Why should the viewer care about any of this?"

Perhaps because it means we're going to get a dope BCC vs. Lucha Bros match out of it?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cult of Pies posted:

only the brightest takes from fight game media

Which is baffling considering they run AEW’s international PPV business

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wonder if they cut the main event a little short because there was like 5 minutes of standing around looking shocked. Normally there's like 10 seconds.

It felt like a good amount of time to me, and definitely better than the week they went off the air just as Takeshita was getting stabbed with the screwdriver. I wonder if that promo from Kenny challenging Mox was meant to be on TV and the timing got hosed or if it was always supposed to be that way.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

It felt like a good amount of time to me, and definitely better than the week they went off the air just as Takeshita was getting stabbed with the screwdriver. I wonder if that promo from Kenny challenging Mox was meant to be on TV and the timing got hosed or if it was always supposed to be that way.

I loved them going off air as Takeshita was getting stabbed. It made things feel chaotic and crazy.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

They did so many video packages and backstage interviews last night.

Clearly not enough, there needs to be as little professional wrestling as humanly possible on your professional wrestling show!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just because I am so impressed with The Snob I will post this. He ended his cycle of desperately seeking validation for his wrestling videos. Instead of violently turning on AEW like he did with every promotion for the last half decade he instead got kind of tired of it, announced he didn't like it as much anymore and would mostly watch puro plus some AEW and ROH, and then decided to become a fling golf influencer and buy a tricycle.

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1656711623665414144

He went from easy Chris Regal Memorial Thread Hall of Famer to becoming the first person in the Chris Regal Memorial Thread to ever grow as a person. I salute him, and will welcome him back in 4 months when tricycle season is over and he's angry about wrestling again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Another Goon-adjacent Success Story

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Meanwhile in the not success story column

https://twitter.com/KillianBetter/status/1656379919214039060

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tbf if Kross was a completely different wrestler I might be interested in him.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I mean I do like springboards

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shard posted:

I mean I do like springboards

Hell yeah. Cartwheels too.

If Karrion Kross were a big fat lad, like a proper fat gently caress like most of us, and did cartwheels and springboards, I'd be all about him too.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If Karrion Kross was a completely different wrestler people might like him more? Well, yeah.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Exciting new guy

https://twitter.com/icarusfellMD/status/1654096741665316864

https://twitter.com/icarusfellMD/status/1654106236080599040

https://twitter.com/icarusfellMD/status/1653769058016276480

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/emeraldxflows/status/1656379197886025738?t=uU5g-olFEUwmMENSiy2Nvg&s=19

Tiktok the new frontier

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IT NEVER ENDS

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bryan Danielson's character has been he's a violence goblin. Kenny Omega's character is the Michael Jordan of wrestling. Claudio's character is I'm really strong and love hanging out with my bros who beat people up and also I'm really into corrupting the youth of the future. Adam Cole's character has been dude who is too big for his britches and gets into trouble and is now do I still have it in me to be the best I believe I do.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Da Warner Bros

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Shard posted:

Bryan Danielson's character has been he's a violence goblin. Kenny Omega's character is the Michael Jordan of wrestling. Claudio's character is I'm really strong and love hanging out with my bros who beat people up and also I'm really into corrupting the youth of the future. Adam Cole's character has been dude who is too big for his britches and gets into trouble and is now do I still have it in me to be the best I believe I do.

Adam Coles actual character is manlet who lies about his height

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

time is a circle

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Wrestling Society X

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Dave Watthews Band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

You know, honestly if Tony Khan has decided to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to pay off Warner Brothers, buy fake tickets, pay actors to pretend to be fans at shows, and hire all the best wrestlers in the world just to provide a fabricated great wrestling promotion experience that is only actually enjoyable to me and a few dozen other people in some kind of bizarre performance art Truman Show-esque prank then he has achieved far more than starting a successful wrestling promotion. He's like one of the most fascinating and greatest people who has ever lived.