Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Tea of the King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Z’s T’Dom

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
my copy shipped earlier and I am legit stoked to swing sticks with balls attached to them over and over for hours on end

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm gonna say it: Zelda is the boy.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Can't wait to fuse a minecart to my shield and make THPS in TOTK

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Link has a sword but has he ever tried to use FACTS and LOGIC

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I accidentally preordered two copies of the collector’s edition, as if buying a second OLED Switch so I could have the Totk edition wasn’t stupid enough :laugh:

I traded in my white OLED Switch for The Last of Us Pt II, Dead Space remake and FFXVI so that was cool at least.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Everyone excited for the expansion release on Friday? It's nice finally getting some new DLC for BOTW but I wish they'd make a new Zelda with a new world to explore. I've basically been all over the map already.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Baiard posted:

Everyone excited for the expansion release on Friday? It's nice finally getting some new DLC for BOTW but I wish they'd make a new Zelda with a new world to explore. I've basically been all over the map already.

:frogout:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Baiard posted:

agreed, its crazy Nintendo is charging $35 per cutscene

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Baiard posted:

terminal AIDS detected in Zelda thread, leakers say

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Thought about it and I might be wrong about the NZ release being 2am, due to Nintendo Account bullshit.

It might actually be out in a little over 9 hours.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I rode the master cycle into the castle, stomped every Lionel with my collection of max level Lionel weapons I've been hoarding, wheelied up to calamity Ganon and kicked his rear end. That was a nice, cathartic sendoff to my favorite game of all time and hopefully a precursor to my next favorite game of all time.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I know this is spoiler-free thread but seriously, you need to see this. It will change everything...

Link gets a sword

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1656141055765643264?s=20

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

when is this coming out on PS5

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

hosed up that i must wait until i can play

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Why is time so linear anyway, who thought of that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fate Accomplice posted:

now, check the ps store

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

TWENTY-FIVE HOURS

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fate Accomplice posted:

tomorrow

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Play OOT then MM.

MM is the dark sequel that is best appreciated after playing OOT…IMO.

Mr. Baps posted:

Depends who you ask, but MM won't hit the same if you haven't played OOT. If you're only going to play one of them, play OOT.
back on the OoT/MM discussion: every time i play OoT the happy mask salesman feels out of place. Like, a lot of the characters in MM are just bizarro world versions of their OoT counterparts, but the salesman is one of the few characters where the original version of him seems more out of place. it's like that one bit of cut content of ganondorf as the fishing hole guy, but in reverse. What the gently caress are you doing there, my man.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Trying to finish up my BOTW file before go time, I'm not looking to 100% it but I haven't done any of the DLC shrines so I wanna at least get those done

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm gonna say it: Zelda is the boy.

He always has been! :justtrans:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I heard they're going to delay it because fans demand Waluigi be added

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm taking Link home.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:hmmyes:

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
What is a bed if not a very simple time machine?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Came here to :yeah: this, now back to hiding from game info.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I sure hope the Wii U gets the sequel to Breath of the Wild

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

SyRauk posted:

What is a bed if not a very simple time machine?

A bottle of tequila will let you travel farther into the future

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Blaziken386 posted:

back on the OoT/MM discussion: every time i play OoT the happy mask salesman feels out of place. Like, a lot of the characters in MM are just bizarro world versions of their OoT counterparts, but the salesman is one of the few characters where the original version of him seems more out of place. it's like that one bit of cut content of ganondorf as the fishing hole guy, but in reverse. What the gently caress are you doing there, my man.

lol yeah. It's underlined by the fact that the Market is meant to be this huge and bustling place, but really there are exactly 2 shops you can enter and one of them belongs to the most inscrutable dude in the game. he scared me when I was a young dumb kid because I found his unhappy face genuinely menacing

I also feel the same way about the song of storms guy. I always forget his thing happens in OoT and not MM because he feels so MM-y to me. turns out he's one of the few NPCs not mirrored, go figure.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

ahhhhhhh

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Do West Coasters get it at 9pm or must we wait until midnight? Never preordered a Switch game.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Do West Coasters get it at 9pm or must we wait until midnight? Never preordered a Switch game.
9 PM. USA region's unlock time is 12 AM Eastern, meaning when it checks to see if it can unlock the game, it looks to see if it's currently >= 12:00 AM EDT, no matter where you are in the States.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I inadvertently made it straight to Ganon because I thought there was a shrine near the castle and I guess I just happened to find the backdoor. You need lots of stamina, the gale, and climbing gear but I have all that. I decided not to fight him because I still need to do the Vah Rudania.

if you actually meant that you went by the docks, there is a shrine there.

I'm replaying BotW in Master Mode with the DLCs right now (never finished the normal version), and I kind of found that backdoor by accident. Fortunately the enemies inside the Castle are kind of manageable, and I got so many good weapons in the early game, holy poo poo. Also found some back story in the King's Room in the Library. That was neat!

I don't remember why I dropped BotW on my first playthrough, but I'm sure enjoying this one a lot!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

WarpDogs posted:

I also feel the same way about the song of storms guy. I always forget his thing happens in OoT and not MM because he feels so MM-y to me. turns out he's one of the few NPCs not mirrored, go figure.
song of storms guy is in the clock town traveling circus, you can find him by kafei's house during the night

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

MiracleFlare posted:

He always has been! :justtrans:

It was weird knowing the Zelda/Sheik thing from Smash Bros. before ever playing a Zelda game and thinking from there that the Sheik design was just meant to be like a female ninja, and then playing OoT recently and having other characters refer to Sheik as "that man" in dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Steve Yun posted:

A bottle of tequila will let you travel farther into the future

I know where tequila lets me travel and it’s still just my bed but there’s vomit in it and my girlfriend is gone