Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I think I’m finally over a godawful sinus infection. Probably the sickest I’ve ever been.

Katie checking if I’m dead:

Poor girl was stuck with an owner who could barely take care of her for a week. On Monday I had to take her somewhere during the day because I simply couldn’t.

Luckily she’s pretty good at entertaining herself and doesn’t need help to do spins and throw her toys around.

Hopefully this weekend I’ll have enough energy to take her to some parks to make it up to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Me and the Fiance rescued an elderly Greyhound today. Her name is Piper she is somewhere between 15 and 17 years old and the owner was no longer able to be home enough to watch and care for her due to his work.

Car Ride home chilling with our two current dogs after the meeting. The Whippet decided to be uncooperative on the photo and decided to stand.

At home begging for a burger. The alpha cat decided that with her being distracted it was a prime opportunity to sniff her butt

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Aww, an excellent grey! And excellent other pets, too - that cat is definitely a clever one! :D

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Aww, an excellent grey! And excellent other pets, too - that cat is definitely a clever one! :D

We thought she would be very upset about being loaded in a strange car and taken away, but overall she has been extremely calm and integrated with the other two dogs immediately.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

congrats! 15-17 is probably unlikely (i've only heard of one grey reaching 15 ever), does she have racing tattoos?

also the owner seriously gave up her for his work? wtf

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

actionjackson posted:

congrats! 15-17 is probably unlikely (i've only heard of one grey reaching 15 ever), does she have racing tattoos?

also the owner seriously gave up her for his work? wtf

No tattoos, we checked,

and of course I don't know if she's actually that old but she is 100% up there in age

And the former owner has been quite rightful bashed all over the facebook post where he put the dog up. She supposedly has bladder issues but held her urine the entire time she rode home (with her head stuck out the window the entire time.) and didn't pee my floor overnight... she does like to eat a lot of water so far.

But first night went well, she slept on the floor instead of jumping into the bed, that may change since the other two lumps do climb in and shove us around so she might join in once she gets more comfortable, but she seemed to enjoy the dog bed at the foot of the bed so far.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

our first dog was a greyhound cross and lived until he was 16. you’re good people adopting an older dog <3

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Heck yeah, Granny Greys unite.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this was sidney, he was very old and very good

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
She really doesn't look that old. I'd guess 8 or 9 tops. She moving around well?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

NomNomNom posted:

She really doesn't look that old. I'd guess 8 or 9 tops. She moving around well?

Previous owner had her for 12 years and she was fully grown when he got her.

She moves around fine, hopped right into the back of the car,

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

our first dog was a greyhound cross and lived until he was 16. you’re good people adopting an older dog <3

yeah if it's a cross maybe, depends what they were mixed with

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bailey is four today!!! Happy birthday Bailey!!!

https://i.imgur.com/fyvsrok.mp4

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
:toot: Bailey!

She’s really big on that licky mat, huh

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

david_a posted:

:toot: Bailey!

She’s really big on that licky mat, huh

yeah she carries it around everywhere it's hilarious

when i get home, we go out, then she comes back in, grabs the mat from her crate and takes it to her bedroom bed

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oh crap her birthday was actually may 3rd! her right tattoo says 59D which I assumed meant May 9th, fourth in the litter to be born

sorry bailey!! haha

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

actionjackson posted:

oh crap her birthday was actually may 3rd! her right tattoo says 59D which I assumed meant May 9th, fourth in the litter to be born

sorry bailey!! haha

I guarantee she's gonna be thrilled next year when she gets a party EARLY

I then guarantee she's gonna be bummed when she doesn't get a SECOND party

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol

I thought for sure that's what the right ear signified

maybe the 9 is for 2019?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

actionjackson posted:

lol

I thought for sure that's what the right ear signified

maybe the 9 is for 2019?

Yeah it's for 2019, the tattoo doesn't indicate the day so you just have to know that part.

I can remember all of my dogs' birthdays and barely any human birthdays, lol.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Actually this reminds me I forgot to post the April 1 burgs (in honor of Tess's birthday).

Mac's portion was just the meat/cheese broken up into little pieces since he was getting dental work done around then.

It was Rain's first time getting :burger:. I love how she was initially like "what is this?? is this mine?" then she was like "yes that is mine".

Mac's birthday is tomorrow so I will have more :burger: pics soon. It's easy to remember because it's 5/10/15.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I LOVE Baileys licky mat. Best toy ever!

Ella is going to have a tooth pulled as well as some dental cleaning this friday. Hopefully everything goes well.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

I guarantee she's gonna be thrilled next year when she gets a party EARLY

I then guarantee she's gonna be bummed when she doesn't get a SECOND party

heheheh yep, 100% this! Opal is like this every day even, if she gets a meal early :D

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
If I’m home with Katie she thinks dinner time is 3:45. She also likes to remind me that after-dinner snacks are totally fine, normal even, not a big deal at all, and certainly not something I need to save for special occasions, oh no

And if I give her a licky mat or something she finishes it in like 20 minutes and lets out an enormous bored siiigggghhhh afterwards

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Piper has settled in very well

We also got several new dog beds for her size

She says the wooden floor is better

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Piper has settled in very well

We also got several new dog beds for her size

She says the wooden floor is better

Oh also, be prepared to see her try to use tiny dog beds instead of using her (nearby and available) appropriately sized bed - at every opportunity, haha :D

Why do I say that, you ask? Oh... no reason... :v:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Oh also, be prepared to see her try to use tiny dog beds instead of using her (nearby and available) appropriately sized bed - at every opportunity, haha :D

Why do I say that, you ask? Oh... no reason... :v:

She did that the first night, curled up right into the whippets bed (whippet doesn't use as the whippet prefers OUR bed.)

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

It is Mac's :burger: 8th birthday :burger:

Rain I don't think the burger is down there.

Burger for Mac!

and Rain!

and Tennyson!

and Mac!!

gifs:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol love the burger pics and gifs every year

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Their noses are so long!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Some great birthdays going on in here! Happy birthday all those good dogs. :haw:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Yay Mac! :toot:

Maximum noodle

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Genovera posted:

It is Mac's :burger: 8th birthday :burger:

:3!

Poor Ella, she knew something was up once we got to the vet for her tooth pulling and cleaning. Did the instant 1 ton stance when they were taking her into the waiting room.

Edit:
Went well. Ella is just quietly tripping her rear end off in our sofa at the moment with her tongue hanging out.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 12, 2023

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out

Fabulous weather lately

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

NomNomNom posted:

Fabulous weather lately

Good weather to go get a burger in

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

great pic!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the Australian greyhounds arrived at 4 am! there were logistical difficulties, but they are here! six black, one blue, one fawn

thankfully i did not have to get up for this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 21, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

actionjackson posted:

the Australian greyhounds arrived at 4 am! there were logistical difficulties, but they are here! six black, one blue, one fawn

Did they get burgers?

We took our rescue greyhound to the vet we use, Vet thinks the owner is wrong on the age and she is more likely 12-14 years old.

She also has absolutely no drive to chase things, just an absolutely chill potato, the only time she has shown any speed was when she fled from me trying to give her the pill for her bladder.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

there are more pictures on the group fb page. i don't use fb but you can still view them without an account

https://www.facebook.com/gpamn/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
When I picked up Katie today I noticed she was limping a bit. Upon closer inspection the outer layers of one of her rear footpads seems to be loose:

It’s not bleeding at all. I’ve already sent an email to my vet, but is there anything to do about this other than keeping it clean and limiting her walking a bit? She can wear a bootie on that foot when we go outside. I assume the inner layer of skin will toughen up a bit and she’ll be fine.