Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Pirate Radar posted:

I know where tequila lets me travel and it’s still just my bed but there’s vomit in it and my girlfriend is gone

That’s the bad timeline but you’ll get to TOTK faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Before I go to bed today, I will have played The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

I have it pre ordered but contemplating heading over to a physical store to see if they’ll have copies on display. Some people on Reddit have reported unaware salesperson just handing them out before release day.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dictator. posted:

I have it pre ordered but contemplating heading over to a physical store to see if they’ll have copies on display. Some people on Reddit have reported unaware salesperson just handing them out before release day.

Well poo poo now I want to wander by the store I preordered from and see if they’re doing that

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
These days point of sale systems prevent that from happening, but worth a try if it's a small shop

It's still kinda fun to check, even if the odds are so tiny

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I'm sure BOTW will still be a valid experience once TOTK is out but I'm really curious how. My guess would be that it IS more low key and mellow, due to it having less stuff, perhaps the original will have naturalistic edge that will be lost in the sequel.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol me and my brother preordered from the same place and despite him springing for faster shipping I got my copy 2 hours before he did.

Of course my Switch battery completely died because it hasn't been turned on since my Steam Deck showed up last year...

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Lucky you.

My pre-order status just went to shipped, so it'll arrive sometime tomorrow.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Boy I fired up BOTW for the first time in 2 years, forgot what any of the buttons do, forgot how to fight

Luckily I’m assuming you start with nothing again and relearn everything in TOTK

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

100% in under 20hr speedrun. That's insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPTSiOuNpA

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 11, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Khanstant posted:

I heard they're going to delay it because fans demand Waluigi be added

I'm fans

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Happy Zelda Day’s Eve Day, everybody!

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
totk cart is in my switch rn. feels good.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Died on the final level of the trial of the master sword. I hope completing it doesnt unlock anything in totk because hoo boy i am NOT doing all that again.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Died on the final level of the trial of the master sword. I hope completing it doesnt unlock anything in totk because hoo boy i am NOT doing all that again.

totk’s logo is the master sword corroded down to a stump, so I don’t think powering it up via the combat gauntlet that maybe 2% of all players finished is going to mean much

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if you did not beat the trial of the sword on master mode and collect all 900 korok seeds in botw you will be locked out of the true ending of totk

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

IGN 10
Nintendolife 10

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Oh word

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Game out in NZ eshop.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

IGN 10
Nintendolife 10

cant watch the video cause it'll spoil all kinds of poo poo. but good grades so far.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Embargo seems to have lifted at 8AM EST

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hearing rumors from leakers that Wintendo have Done It Again

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

GameSpot 10

Game informer 9.75

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Playing it officially right now. Gotta say, its good 10/10 5 seconds in. (Says the legend of zelda and you start playing) Also some leakers are full of poo poo it would seem lmao

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Gamers rejoice!

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Playing it now (in my heart)

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

97/100 based on 60 reviews on metacritic. seems like an OK game i guess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Playing it officially right now. Gotta say, its good 10/10 5 seconds in. (Says the legend of zelda and you start playing) Also some leakers are full of poo poo it would seem lmao

This is a spoiler

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
More like smellda

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

a.lo posted:

This is a spoiler

no

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

An 8.0 from Eurogamer, it's so over

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

For me is a 98/100 game.

(image is fake)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
What's this I'm hearing about The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Hogama posted:

game good, so what

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hogama posted:

Nintendo has done it again

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
"Gfinity"? gave it a 6/10
FAIL

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

"Gfinity"? gave it a 6/10
FAIL

Biased Sony fan journalists op.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm giving it a zero out of ten because I can't rate what I don't have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm giving it a failing grade and telling it to see me after class, which just ended.