Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

[a picture of tom brady with eyeblack crosses on his face]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1656284079615082501

Lots of wishful thinking going on assuming that Tua is going to play in this game.

He'll be sitting in a dark room, that's kind of a Black Friday.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
When you think about it, Tua and Rodgers have a lot in common.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

When you think about it, Tua and Rodgers have a lot in common.

Football is for everyone

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Nick Foles for the most important position on the Jets, 3rd String QB. Probably the only time the Jets have had 2 Super Bowl winning QBs on the team.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

syzpid posted:

Nick Foles for the most important position on the Jets, 3rd String QB. Probably the only time the Jets have had 2 Super Bowl winning QBs on the team.
That’s a good get. Even Bad Dick Nick is probably miles better than trotting Zach Wilson out there in the event Old Man Rodgers gets hurt. To say nothing of if you get Big Dick Nick…

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lol I’m sitting at a bar in Colorado having lunch and there’s a guy next to me talking about how Brady did whatever it took to win, took less salary, never sat out off-season programs, truly the GOAT. Whereas Aaron Rodgers is a baby bitch who refuses to do anything for the team and only cares about himself

:patssay: is a nation without borders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

Finally a good syzpid QB take.

Nov 6, 2002

Hasn't Nick Foles gotten quickly injured anytime he's stepped on the field his last few stops?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Hasn't Nick Foles gotten quickly injured anytime he's stepped on the field his last few stops?

Pretty much but he can come in and play like a game and a half without completely embarrassing himself.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He couldn't last year.

Nov 6, 2002

It wasn't the best situation, but he was pretty awful last year for the Colts. He's also a guy who is openly talking about retirement. Really seems like an equally bad move to signing Joe Flacco and expecting anything good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It wasn't the best situation, but he was pretty awful last year for the Colts. He's also a guy who is openly talking about retirement. Really seems like an equally bad move to signing Joe Flacco and expecting anything good.

It's not ideal but he's also better than their current backup QB situation after they went through the draft and didn't draft one.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Just wait until rodgers takes zach under his wing

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1656400053915844609?s=20

Bills maybe getting yet another thanksgiving game? That'd be like the fourth in five years.

(Not complaining and they've won all of them.)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In happier news, you love to see it. A true rags to riches story. Blessed he got to play for his favorite team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-hope-chosen-anderson-isnt-past-prime

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chosen to achieve 25 catches for 300 yards #blessed

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Jets would have been better off keeping Mike White than signing Nick Foles

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Chosen to achieve 25 catches for 300 yards #blessed

One day I’ll be the 5th string receiver and then I’ll show em!!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Nodoze posted:

The Jets would have been better off keeping Mike White than signing Nick Foles

Was White really that good last year? I may have missed stuff, but when I saw him play he looked... okay. Fine.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
First off signing Foles is better then Flacco because Foles is cool and Flacco is not.

Second, the problem with Flacco last season was that he was the backup, and then early season starter after Wilson's injury despite the front office having plenty of time to find a better stopgap replacement (theoretically, although they didn't even try). Foles as 3rd string is fine.

Third, unless some flukey injury happens, Foles should never see the field. If he does, what's much more likely is that Rodgers gets hurt and Wilson crashes & burns again. By that point the team would presumably be out of the playoffs anyway.

Fourth, Foles is the perfect guy the team has shown time and again to like as a mentor to young QBs. On paper he has the accolades & history of being a starter. The reality is he is past his prime, but he won't rock the boat or upset the egos of Rodgers or Wilson.

Fifth, I want a Foles Jets jersey.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1656638369151983617?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Strange graphic unless I’m missing the homage

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1656638363766497280?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

excited for the 9/11 tributes

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Insert hulk_hogan_twin_towers.gif but it's Quinnen Williams instead

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hell yeah on opening on MNF.

syzpid posted:

Bizarre

Nov 6, 2002

syzpid posted:

First off signing Foles is better then Flacco because Foles is cool and Flacco is not.

Second, the problem with Flacco last season was that he was the backup, and then early season starter after Wilson's injury despite the front office having plenty of time to find a better stopgap replacement (theoretically, although they didn't even try). Foles as 3rd string is fine.

Third, unless some flukey injury happens, Foles should never see the field. If he does, what's much more likely is that Rodgers gets hurt and Wilson crashes & burns again. By that point the team would presumably be out of the playoffs anyway.

Fourth, Foles is the perfect guy the team has shown time and again to like as a mentor to young QBs. On paper he has the accolades & history of being a starter. The reality is he is past his prime, but he won't rock the boat or upset the egos of Rodgers or Wilson.

Saying Foles would be 3rd string implies you're comfortable with Wilson being 2nd string to a 39 year old quarterback.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1656445356329037827?s=20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Why do they look miserable

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kicking off the season in New York with the guy that doesn't believe in 9/11 on 9/11.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Kicking off the season in New York with the guy that doesn't believe in 9/11 on 9/11.

Josh Allen should demand that the Bills sign Cole Beasley for the 14th time, then we'd really have a free thinking stew going

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1656657416103002113

Retire the number

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

He’s going to announce he’s signing with the Dolphins at the game

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It makes sense. Miami has opened against the Pats 3 years in a row. This will make 4.

quite the storyline to honor the opposing team's QB

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

He’s going to announce he’s signing with the Dolphins at the game

He's going to play for the Dolphins in the game.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Saying Foles would be 3rd string implies you're comfortable with Wilson being 2nd string to a 39 year old quarterback.

They already said Wilson was QB2 before Rodgers was even on the Roster

Nov 6, 2002

syzpid posted:

They already said Wilson was QB2 before Rodgers was even on the Roster

Yes, because the Jets are dumb and delusional. But I didn't think you agreed with them.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

He's going to play for the Dolphins in the game.

Lol, it actually is a game against the Dolphins, turns out

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1656659510277328896?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Nov 6, 2002

Can he please replace Mac that night too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tua knocked out week 1

Brady signed during the week but isn't ready to start yet

Mike White gets knocked out in the 3rd quarter of week 2

Brady comes off the bench and beats the Pats