Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/KreiSkar/status/1655870778985021442?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
New Ultraseven mini thing coming out called "The Future 55 Years Ago."
https://streamable.com/5aev07
It's gonna be a 7 minute concept movie for testing some VFX tech, apparently.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Some more info on UltraSeven IF story:

http://tsuburaya-prod.com/news/6096

It's a callback to the episode where Earth decided it had to destroy Pegassa City.

It looks like they did some AI modeling to simulate young Dan Moroboshi.

Alien Pegassa did something that altered the future and forced Moroboshi to crash his Ultra Hawk 'here' in the world of 2023, where Seven has disappeared for 55 years.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
I will lose it if Kabuki guy in King sentai is the final boss

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I wouldn't be surprised if the team teams up with Racles to defeat the Bugnarok, and the final battle is Gira v. Racles on the chest of King Ohger, MGS2 style.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/cheesetsujin28/status/1656410059008618500?s=46&t=-3btIhdWFD5M3u9M3Xo4WQ

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Went and saw The Super Mario Bros Movie tonight(which incidentally has Mario and Luigi do a Double Rider Kick in the final fight) and one of the trailers before it was for that Live Action Saint Seiya/Knights of The Zodiac film that's coming out in a couple days and on the one hand its likely to be a garbage fire but also looks kind of fun

Also saw a trailer for Blue Beetle and yeah the Toku influences are really shining through on that one

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

MachuPikacchu posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the team teams up with Racles to defeat the Bugnarok, and the final battle is Gira v. Racles on the chest of King Ohger, MGS2 style.

I NEED it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
live action Saint Saiya trailer gave me DB Evolution vibes

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Some more info on UltraSeven IF story:

http://tsuburaya-prod.com/news/6096

It's a callback to the episode where Earth decided it had to destroy Pegassa City.

It looks like they did some AI modeling to simulate young Dan Moroboshi.

Alien Pegassa did something that altered the future and forced Moroboshi to crash his Ultra Hawk 'here' in the world of 2023, where Seven has disappeared for 55 years.

This looks SO drat good

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat. Latest Premium Bandai replica is Jugglus Juggler's sword.

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/1656488058810953728?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also if anyone still cares the third and final season of the Ultraman anime is up on Netflix now (and it’s back to being 12 episodes just like the first one was)

The Director’s Cut version of the DonBrothers finale has also been subbed now

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 11, 2023

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Anything worth seeing in the Director's Cut?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

drat. Latest Premium Bandai replica is Jugglus Juggler's sword.

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/1656488058810953728?s=20

At some point they're going to have to give Juggler his own origin saga so that a lot of questions can be answered.. like how did he get the sword and how does it have so much power and utility.. I mean in Z he just uses the sword to somehow duplicate Zett's Ultra Riser, how the heck did he do that?

I get the feeling the answer lies in some entity that is trapped in the sword somehow doing all this poo poo for him..

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Binary Badger posted:

At some point they're going to have to give Juggler his own origin saga so that a lot of questions can be answered.. like how did he get the sword and how does it have so much power and utility.. I mean in Z he just uses the sword to somehow duplicate Zett's Ultra Riser, how the heck did he do that?

I get the feeling the answer lies in some entity that is trapped in the sword somehow doing all this poo poo for him..

He already got an origin story, Orb Origin.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MachuPikacchu posted:

Anything worth seeing in the Director's Cut?

Not really, mostly just some battle stuff like Sonoshi fighting the Executors before going to the others for help, a scene of Tarou telling Sonoi he’s going to lose his memories and a bit more Murasame content

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Gripweed posted:

He already got an origin story, Orb Origin.

He got half a one, all Orb Origin did was give Juggler a reason to seek power another way since the O-50 entity decided Gai deserved the Orb powers more than Juggs.

OOS didn't explain how Juggler got his alternate form or sword, only that he already had them before Gai was granted his Orb powers.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

iirc there were multiple Orb stories planned, but they never got made. :smith:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

iirc there were multiple Orb stories planned, but they never got made. :smith:

it was supposed to be multimedia, but they still weren't made :smith: the best we have is a photobook that explained some of them briefly

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Binary Badger posted:

He got half a one, all Orb Origin did was give Juggler a reason to seek power another way since the O-50 entity decided Gai deserved the Orb powers more than Juggs.

OOS didn't explain how Juggler got his alternate form or sword, only that he already had them before Gai was granted his Orb powers.

Does his alternate form need an explanation? Maybe he can just do that.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Maybe you could handwave his alt form but he didn't come out of the womb holding the sword..

The closest anyone gets to categorizing him is when Cerebro outs him as an alien in Z..

I'm hyped for the Ultra Seven AI revival but only seven minutes of Dan Morobishi being confused by cell phones?

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
To be fair, you can be human and still be an alien in the Ultraman "multiverse." There are humans on multiple planets, and IIRC the Orb Chronicle stuff confirmed the residents of O-50 are primarily humans.

On the other hand, I kinda like Juggler just being the way he is with minimal explanation. Not everything NEEDS explanation. Makes his little rivalry with Dyna that was established in Orb Origin interesting too, since he's also an inexplicable existence (even the novel that explains Dyna's origins just explains how he exists, not what he actually is and why he's one of the strongest Ultras.)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My understanding of the orb saga was that it was not actually supposed to be a huge multimedia event and that it was more like a lore bible produced such that any given story that Orb and juggler appeared in would just be a little glimpse into a broader history

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Binary Badger posted:

Maybe you could handwave his alt form but he didn't come out of the womb holding the sword..

Man you can buy swords.

This isn’t Star Wars, we don’t need in universe lore explanations for why Han Solo’s pants have a stripe on them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
And to be honest I don’t think Star Wars benefited from the explanation for Han Solo’s pants.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
But I need to know an in-depth canon explanation for why Sora, Pega, and Justice sound the same!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Tsuburaya getting mileage out of the same voice actress?

Anyway, TPC just posted this, the non-credits version of the Ultraman Anime EP. Lotsa mo-cap and trying to look cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piMx7P36TNQ

with credits:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultraman/comments/13f670h/the_ultraman_netflix_final_ending_dance/

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 13, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I will say that while there are still problems the last season of the anime is at least better than its immediate predecessor (in that it actually goes back to adapting manga material and is back to being 12 episodes like the first season was)

Pretty good OP song too:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ky29xkR3V8c

Edit: Seems it’s actually NOT a manga adaption of any kind though it does contain a few elements from it such as Ultraman Marie

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 14, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

watchin Bravestorm. Its some direct to DVD goodness. Not a cinematic masterpiece but a fun reimagining of some classic toku IPs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l57L92K6nw&t=1975s

Its got Eiji from Kamen Rider OOOs and calls back to shows like Robo Red Baron(track it down, worth it) and Silver Kamen(not so much). Its all CGI stuff so none of the hearthrobs or their plucky stunt doubles were burned with pyro.

I'm about midway through, it hasnt pissed me off or bored me. I'll post some some after thoughts.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Yeah once I get my TV hooked back up I need to watch my copy of Red Baron, also need to get back to watching Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot

Honestly we are overdue for a remake of the live action Giant Robo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have a rip with one of the worst translations I've ever seen but the show is so great you don't need the subs.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

coconono posted:

I have a rip with one of the worst translations I've ever seen but the show is so great you don't need the subs.

Honestly Johnny Sokko is so far surprisingly good for a 60's era English Dub, aside from names barely anything gets altered and the dub acting is also pretty decent aside from them sometimes trying a bit too hard to get the voices to sync up with the mouth movements resulting in things getting either too fast or drawn out

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Man, this Sixth Ranger is giving me big "Is actually the ultimate villain" vibes.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Boy, how weird is this? We were just discussing Juggler origins (or how there is no need for them) and this pops up on Takaya Aoyaki's Twitter feed only two days ago:

https://twitter.com/takaya_aoyagi/status/1657204191054671874

Google Translate says this is the caption:

Google Translate posted:

Why wasn't Juggler selected by Ultraman?
How can you transform in the first place?

The day will come when such things will be revealed...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Fivemarks posted:

Man, this Sixth Ranger is giving me big "Is actually the ultimate villain" vibes.

What a weird loving introduction.

“Hey man, do you ever think about poo poo? You know, butt stuff.”

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

At the very least we've reached the era of Sentai where stars can go "can I keep doing this for the rest of my life" instead of loving off to only do 'serious' J-dramas, or only showing up for an anniversary special years later.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

At the very least we've reached the era of Sentai where stars can go "can I keep doing this for the rest of my life" instead of loving off to only do 'serious' J-dramas, or only showing up for an anniversary special years later.

Who was he in King-Ohger?

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Larryb posted:

Who was he in King-Ohger?

no one. yet. personally i want him to be Sebastian without the makeup

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I agree with the original tweet, just have him play Kaito, the owner of a tiny tavern in Shugoddom who can turn into Zenkaiser for some reason. No explanation or anything, just have him be the Cid of Super Sentai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Wait a second- is King Ohger just Kamen Rider Ryuki again, with extra steps? Is the main conflict of the show actually going to be King Ohgers vs Racles vs Jeremie