Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Like someone took a roof box from Volvo 740 Estate, and glued some wings on it to use as a low-cost prop on home-made movie.

*Sigh* more top secret specs leaked online to win a military equipment debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

....... One wasn't enough, so they rigged up two
those drone dropped munitions scare the daylights out of them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/intermarium24/status/1656604844981878785?s=20

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Mokotow posted:

And you’re basing this on…?

Most people that give loans like to get paid.

Technically, it is going to Ukraine. But all the aid getting thrown their way isn't free. There's always a catch. Plus it sounds good to report "we're giving ukraine all this money".

I'm pessimistic on governments and find them to be shady as gently caress. I guess we will wait and see.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

BrassRoots posted:

Technically, it is going to Ukraine. But all the aid getting thrown their way isn't free. There's always a catch. Plus it sounds good to report "we're giving ukraine all this money".

I'm pessimistic on governments and find them to be shady as gently caress. I guess we will wait and see.

All they'd have to do is let Western governments lease Sevastopol for however long it takes to pay off the support, imo.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

BrassRoots posted:

lend lease isn't the legal mechanism being used to give Ukraine aid, they're getting aid primarily via Drawdown Authority and to a lesser extent via USAI (which contracts new equipment that Ukraine needs). neither of these mechanisms are loans, neither will have to be repaid. Most of what Ukraine is getting is equipment that the US military was retiring anyways and was already actively replacing

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 11, 2023

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

zone posted:

All they'd have to do is let Western governments lease Sevastopol for however long it takes to pay off the support, imo.
Dual benefits to that since not a chance in hell that RU tries to send little green men back to Crimea with a US Black Sea fleet based there.

Storm Shadows are good looking missiles. Yes I drove a 740GLE, why do you ask?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I take it they were crashing a Ukrainian event in that park? Security seemed kinda' on the ball but a lot of the stuff caught on camera in those clips seems to have not had a response from them.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

*sniff sniff* Aw yesssss, that's the stuff

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

NihilCredo posted:

🤡 indeed.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

NihilCredo posted:

It will be impossible raise a 4th army

What does that even mean? I mean these kind of posts are dumber than anything with no real grasp on the situation.

They act like the war is some kind of wave based browser game

And I think it's funny that they say Poland will be sent into The fray, I mean I don't think Russia realizes that Poland would push their poo poo in if it was allowed to go onto the fray.

I mean if there was no nuclear weapons on the table, I'm pretty sure Poland would be doing exactly that already.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

NihilCredo posted:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Yeah the cope is going to be intense. NOOK NOOK NOOK etc.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

NihilCredo posted:

https://i.imgur.com/lQeYyWG.mp4

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I will raise my sword and fight in the 4th NATO army

Where do I pickup my super soldier tail fin

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1656549567301574656
Oh no, anyway.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am the 4th army of Ukraine irl

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It will be impossible raise a 4th army

What does that even mean? I mean these kind of posts are dumber than anything with no real grasp on the situation.

They act like the war is some kind of wave based browser game

And I think it's funny that they say Poland will be sent into The fray, I mean I don't think Russia realizes that Poland would push their poo poo in if it was allowed to go onto the fray.

I mean if there was no nuclear weapons on the table, I'm pretty sure Poland would be doing exactly that already.

The 4th army stuff requires an extremely pro-russia read of how the war has gone already. It's an attempt to explain how the war isn't over despite Russia supposedly destroying all of the Ukrainian army at various points.

I think the first was in the initial pre-april 2022 retreat of Russia when there were two months of cope based around citizens being given guns "because that doesn't happen when you have an army left so Russia destroyed all of it." Kyiv was starving and surrounded as Ukraine's army was gone.

The 2nd was probably that rumored massacre of Ukranian troops around the time of Russia's huge retreat late last year. It was never proven to have actually happened but was posted on Russian telegram channels that a massive assault nobody knew was happening was already over and had obviously resulted in the loss of the entire force Ukraine had used because Russia didn't lose where it supposedly happened. Russia only lost territory in the north because they focused on destroying all Ukranian forces to the last man just off screen elsewhere. Therefore the massive loss was a victory. The only proof of this were some russian language telegram posts that were widely shared and reported as objectively true sources of what definitely happened.

Russia taking losses from a force now, if you believe the propaganda so far, would make it a third army and therefore Ukraine simply can not keep doing this as there is a limit to the amount of armies they can create in the face of the Russian victories that are definitely happening.

It's basically a Ukraine War expanded universe that makes zero sense if you aren't invested in the obviously incorrect, unhinged and biased pro-russia narrative.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 11, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those fools didn't account for Hunter Biden's biolabs being able to clone as many armies as NATO needs

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
From GIP's thread on the matter:

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/chriso_wiki/status/1656565436773793792

I mean I know we weren't far away already but the Russians have now truly entered beyond the realm of parody.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

EorayMel posted:

One the one hand, Russia is waging an imperialist war using genocidal tactics, but on the other hand, they're letting fans of the University of Michigan know they're not welcome in their borders. so who can say if they're good or bad.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't care what it looks like as long as it knows where it isn't

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Cop saw some cool pants and wanted to have them, no big deal

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

EorayMel posted:

Ukraine War: The police seized the cookbook and confiscated his trousers

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Indian pro-russians are going to have a field day trying to justify this in their minds. Should be fun to see what excuses they have for this.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The 7th NATO army just sacked rome on its way march on the 3rd rome

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1656663953903345664
Igor saw the T-55 with double cope cage and decided to remark on it. To say he was disappointed is an understatement.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://twitter.com/UKRINFORM/status/1656410281579278338

What the gently caress does this mean

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1656663953903345664
Igor saw the T-55 with double cope cage and decided to remark on it. To say he was disappointed is an understatement.

Have there been any with children's trampolines instead of wire mesh? Full Looney Tunes defense.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

That he created a military administration in an occupied town. Martial law is standard when capturing territory

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What the gently caress does this mean

Zelensky created a new "city administration in exile" for a city that is currently under Russian control in the Kherson oblast. That is, there is now a guy who has the job of mayor of that city who is hanging around in Kyiv, and presumably a bunch of people who work for him/her.

While the city remains under Russian control, the only job of that mayor is to post patriotic poo poo on twitter. The point is that if the city comes under Ukrainian control, there will be an administration ready to take over. This could imply that they expect to do that soonish, but when Ukraine started doing this for places in the Kherson oblast north of the river last time, it was reported among Russian nationalist circles so this could totally be a psyop.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Commodore_64 posted:

Have there been any with children's trampolines instead of wire mesh? Full Looney Tunes defense.

only memes of it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HonorableTB posted:

That he created a military administration in an occupied town. Martial law is standard when capturing territory

Check where the town is. It's on the south coast of kherson.

It's just a weird little announcement. I get city admins and captured territories but this one's a fair bit deep into Russian territory. Like the front has to loving collapse to make this city occupiable.

It's a big deal in small words.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 11, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Check where the town is. It's on the coast of the sea of azov.

It's just a weird little announcement. I get city admins and captured territories but this one's a fair bit deep into Russian territory.

Not so outlandish if the counteroffensive is aimed at melitopol and severing the land bridge to Crimea

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Check where the town is. It's on the south coast of kherson.

It's just a weird little announcement. I get city admins and captured territories but this one's a fair bit deep into Russian territory. Like the front has to loving collapse to make this city occupiable.

It's a big deal in small words.

Thats one of the towns Russia "evacuated" the other day. I guess a government in exile is better than none at all.

quote:

Parts of Russian-installed administration in occupied Skadovsk left Sunday, Ukraine's military says

From CNN’s Kostan Nechyporenko in Kyiv

A significant part of the Russian-installed administration of Skadovsk left the occupied city on Sunday, Ukrainian military officials said.

The activities of Skadovsk’s district and city administrations were “suspended,” the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine said in its daily update.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-08-23/h_9bad969dab8ff5b6270a1d252b7e46f5

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HonorableTB posted:

Not so outlandish if the counteroffensive is aimed at melitopol and severing the land bridge to Crimea

Yes. Which is my surmisal on the situation earlier. That Ukraine NEEDS to secure the Crimean walkway to prevent Russia from sending their slave army to garrison Crimea.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1656676712313401346

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yes. Which is my surmisal on the situation earlier. That Ukraine NEEDS to secure the Crimean walkway to prevent Russia from sending their slave army to garrison Crimea.

This is my assessment too. Without that land bridge Crimea is not tenable to hold in a wartime environment. If Ukraine manages to break it they don't even have to take Crimea, they can just cut it off and blow the Kerch bridge and remove it as a strategic objective entirely

naem
May 29, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

One the one hand, Russia is waging an imperialist war using genocidal tactics, but on the other hand, they're letting fans of the University of Michigan know they're not welcome in their borders. so who can say if they're good or bad.

https://youtu.be/CD29UmTyzmk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

This is slander against the noble orangutan.

Are orangutans even capable of evil?