Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m hearing reports that this game is based and epic??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Has anyone said "Zelden Ring" yet?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I'm so torn because I want to start playing but if I do I won't sleep and I will be slow on Friday, which will delay me playing more Zelda.

I wish I had 300 luminous stones to sell off IRL.

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

if you press up on the analog stick, link, who you control, moves forward.

gently caress

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m thinking about Zelda

I;m thinking about thos tears

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I started the preload before I went to work today. Hopefully I can play it later this weekend.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

if you press up on the analog stick, link, who you control, moves forward.

When you let go of the analog stick, link, who you still control, drifts to the left.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Do any reviews talk about performance on the OG switch? I don’t really feel like combing through them all

E: nm, I think I’ll just watch the DF video

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

"I have played over 100 hours of Tears and I have explored maybe half of it." - from the IGN review

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Yeah, this makes Elden Ring look small.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tei posted:

So the game is between 50 and 89 hours long?

Lmao pretty sure I've played more than that already and I got side quest log so long I gotta scroll to see em all

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

So if the game detects and carries over your Tarrey Town progress, can you effectively time travel by playing botw after totk, and do that quest some more, or does it check once at the beginning of the game and then just go on from there?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Winifred Madgers posted:

So if the game detects and carries over your Tarrey Town progress, can you effectively time travel by playing botw after totk, and do that quest some more, or does it check once at the beginning of the game and then just go on from there?

The Tarrey Town thing was jsut something some guy in this thread said and i've not seen it mentioned anywhere else. Take it with a grain of salt.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Winifred Madgers posted:

I'm assuming it just checks once when you start the game, I can't think of any reason why it would do otherwise.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Haha I cancelled my physical order and made a digital one instead so now I can download da game. Owned retail

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m hearing reports that this game is based and epic??

Hearing rumors of this too op.

Bob the terrible
Aug 9, 2006

Asterite34 posted:

Has anyone said "Zelden Ring" yet?

Ohhhh zelden ring!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I offer you an accordion -kass

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Pleased to see that this is The Greatest Game Of All Time 2.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Winifred Madgers posted:

I can't imagine it carries over half-completion like they did nothing in the time since last game, and I kinda doubt there's much room for save importing having any meaningful difference.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’ve heard someone says zelden ring online but I forgot where

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Khanstant posted:

I can't imagine it carries over half-completion like they did nothing in the time since last game, and I kinda doubt there's much room for save importing having any meaningful difference.

no biggie, just thought it would be an interesting detail and some possibly Unique Content

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Turns out the GameStop up the road from me is doing a midnight release party, and it’s midnight EST so 10pm for me :woop: 10.5 hours!!!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Kinda wild that Tarrey Town is now larger than Amsterdam

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

More sidequests is cool, I hope they star even bigger weirdos than BotW.
i was watching some botw videos last night from zeltik and it turns out botw had several complete weirdos that i missed entirely*, so more of those would rule. Zelda characters are best when they're hosed up weirdos. Give me more shopkeepers that murder you or whatever.

*apparently there's a guy who keeps track of the moon phases. if you visit him when the blood moon is in the sky, he starts running around the stable growling and yelling for monsters to arise. Is he literally possessed by the blood moon, or is he just a freaky dude who is EXTREMELY excited? Who knows.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

More hookers, too. Kinda weird tonal shift.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I got the day off work so I can play it tonight and tomorrow.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Asterite34 posted:

More hookers, too. Kinda weird tonal shift.

But they do have a coffee shop with premium Hyrule Herb that is nice to visit and relax at.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Blaziken386 posted:

i was watching some botw videos last night from zeltik and it turns out botw had several complete weirdos that i missed entirely*, so more of those would rule. Zelda characters are best when they're hosed up weirdos. Give me more shopkeepers that murder you or whatever.

*apparently there's a guy who keeps track of the moon phases. if you visit him when the blood moon is in the sky, he starts running around the stable growling and yelling for monsters to arise. Is he literally possessed by the blood moon, or is he just a freaky dude who is EXTREMELY excited? Who knows.

BOTW had some kinkmeisters

There was that one woman who was in love with one of the shrine orbs

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

My Zelda switch is set up. It’s gorgeous in person. Coming from an OG switch, it legit feels nicer. It’s pre loaded.

Now, for a busy day of work, and 9 o clock can’t come fast enough.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Zelda's always been good about entirely ancillary side characters being just the most fascinatingly surreal weirdos. Hell, Majora's Mask elevated one of the OoT randos into the lynchpin of the whole drat plot!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I got the day off work so I can play it tonight and tomorrow.

Me too! :hfive:

Counting down the hours till midnight.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I like Kilton because when you ask him why he invented his own monster-based currency he says he wants to destabilize the market and destroy the establishmen, but then admits he just really likes monsters so much he turned them into money. I also like the random traveler who named his horse after himself. I hope Spinch and Spinch come back and they're traveling with another horse also called Spinch.

Still working on BOTW DLC stuff but I got all the shrines unlocked so I can just do those all in one big gauntlet before midnight EST! Soon.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

But they do have a coffee shop with premium Hyrule Herb that is nice to visit and relax at.

The K.K. Slider cameo is so cute

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

gamestop hasn’t shipped my pre-order yet :negative:

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I cannot wait to gently caress up my sleep schedule while enslaved by this game for the weekend. Went to the store yesterday and stocked up on cold brew and poo poo I can just throw in the air fryer for a quick meal. The seating area is prepared with the controller fully charged. House is clean. Work is completed for the next few days. Passed one of my grad school courses a few weeks early in preparation for this.
If I die while playing then bury me with my Switch.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tayter Swift posted:

Amsterdam? Is that Old York?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Bolson just liked it better that way :shrug:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Tayter Swift posted:

Bolson just liked it better that way :shrug:

I literally saw They Might Be Giants last night so this is very prescient.

I can't believe I'll be playing this in seven hours. Sounds fake!!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Me today

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I will head in a parabolic arc towards the ending.