Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ranked is dead as hell, casual is still fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So anyone who would care about the fairness of 2 out of 3 is gone

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't play on NA servers at all last season, but I have to imagine casual is still going strong. Maybe it'll be livelier at the start of season 4. I've been playing on the Asia server and get ranked games quickly in the evening and especially on weekends. Just accepted that my aim is going to be a bit off and I'm going to catch Barbatos' mace more often.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've played again for the first time in a while over the past couple nights, and casual was usually about a minute or two. Not great, but not dead.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Wow, getting ranked games instantly on NA. Haven't had a chance to play Dynames yet, but I played a match of the new mode. It's first to 5 pts, and I ended up playing 4 rounds. The good news is each round felt short. It's really easy to get bogged down going after the enemy on offense, but you really have to go after the core.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Been playing this a bit more lately and am reminded again that my enjoyment of a match is still basically just a binary "Does the enemy team have barbatos/exia." Maybe they're competitively the worst 0% win rate suits in the game, they still suck complete rear end to fight against.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 15, 2023

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Twitch drops have been added, so if you link your account here, you can get a whopping 3 supply tickets and 150CP after watching three and a half hours of Twitch streamers, every two weeks

not exactly impressive but i guess if you're gonna be watching streamers play this for some reason anyway...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If they're never going to make Turn A not complete trash, I wish they would at least give me a way to remove it from dailies and weeklies. It's so bad and trying to play it to do a double or triple daily/weekly with it makes me actively hate the game.

Also did they give Mahiroo's laser infinite range in the last patch? I mean it needed it, but the notes did not seem to suggest it.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Turn A is one of the best suits in the game atm. You just need to be able to hit heads with the charge shots.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Turn A got hit fairly hard with his funny flip move being less reliable in Season 2? But yeah absolutely use gun on mans, hes a very good shooter on defense and Moonlight can reset the point in overtime, which is hell otherwise.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My "please come back" prizes got me a box with a golden GM. Still waiting for backfill or some similarly good measure to prevent games from just spiking themselves into the ground.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, while the patch means things are going fairly smoothly right now, my real problem with the game is mostly out of game elements like the matchmaking, leaver protection/backfill and battle pass bullshit. I've just got too many better games to play without having to play 15 games on two different sets of Mobile Suits, some of which are difficult to pick and others which are unsuited to the task at hand.

Ranked, when it finds games is pretty good, but casual matches are just awful. Its not even the overwatch style "I play casual so I can play whatever unit I want" team cohesion issues but rather just full people who fundamentally can't aim or do nothing to ensure their survival, much less winning.

While I'm still not sure exactly where Dynames stands on his own, the awful thing is the now pubs can choose 2 sniper units on the same team, and 2 snipers to "counter" when an enemy sniper does well. A Battlefield-esque spiral of more and more people contributing almost nothing to a teams push and despite the powerful guns, can't aim well enough to justify it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Has anyone run into an issue with their mouse drifting upward constantly? It seems to have started in the last couple days for me, maybe since the update. Entering and exiting chat fixes it for a couple seconds, but I can't see what other causes there might be.

Edit: Never mind, seems it was related to having a gamepad plugged in.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 23, 2023

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Or maybe your cursor is tired of being weighed down by Gravity

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

So how do you unlock suits in this game, it's a bit unclear to me

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

trunkh posted:

So how do you unlock suits in this game, it's a bit unclear to me

You play enough of the battle pass and you can unlock one suit each season. Or you can pay money.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Well I'll be damned, they patched in EAC support on Proton!

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Kibner posted:

You play enough of the battle pass and you can unlock one suit each season. Or you can pay money.

That's just it, I see no where to swipe to buy, or where the unlock is in the season pass.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

trunkh posted:

That's just it, I see no where to swipe to buy, or where the unlock is in the season pass.

You earn blue currency from the battle pass. You have to buy in game currency through the store. Called EC, I think? Icon looks like gold coins.

To actually unlock, you go to the suits loadout screen (where you can change skins and such), clock the suit you want, and there should be an unlock button to the right. Clock out and it will ask which currency you want to use.

This is all from memory while fighting insomnia so I probably got some things wrong.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

That was a great help. I get it now. Thanks

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also the Capital currency (the blue triangles), in addition to being able to be recieved from Season passes will also sometimes be a login award during events and I think each of the three twitch drop periods also have the ability to get 300 more Capital each.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Deck first impressions: holy god I am bad at this game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The new game mode's a neat idea but it could use a lot of work and a player base smarter than pond scum to play it

Combining standing on a point AND shooting something? You ask the impossible of hero shooter players. The worst is we lost 5-4 in a way we could have won if a Guntank had simply held down left click. He ran away instead.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Using GUN on MAN is always the hardest puzzle for games like this. In my experience people will flip, jump, fly, climb, and engage with every class gimmick but the universal one of actually using their primary weapon on the enemy team reliably.

Its real reminiscent of early overwatch in which I saw a bunch of genji players always try to flank and use his dash for kill reset, but rarely if ever shuriken.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Look buddy, aiming accurately is hard. I sit around like 25-30% accuracy on a good day, probably less with some suits.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wow that makes me feel like a virile god with my 20% Dom bazooka accuracy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think I ended up maining GM because pretty much all you do is frontline and click heads (while spot healing).

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Jim is great, he can do all the things your team needs. Area denial, melee counter, some of the most meaningful healing in a tight spot, and you can drill into people with this pistols accuracy. Easily my favorite MS right now in evolution.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Data miners seem to be saying next suits are probably Susanowo and Hyaku Shiki

Give me my Golden God lmao. Maybe it'll MA fly on a dodai.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kevsop posted:

Using GUN on MAN is always the hardest puzzle for games like this. In my experience people will flip, jump, fly, climb, and engage with every class gimmick but the universal one of actually using their primary weapon on the enemy team reliably.

Its real reminiscent of early overwatch in which I saw a bunch of genji players always try to flank and use his dash for kill reset, but rarely if ever shuriken.

Gundam Evolution - Use GUN on DAM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kevsop posted:

Methuss I need healing

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

RBA Starblade posted:

The new game mode's a neat idea but it could use a lot of work and a player base smarter than pond scum to play it

Combining standing on a point AND shooting something? You ask the impossible of hero shooter players. The worst is we lost 5-4 in a way we could have won if a Guntank had simply held down left click. He ran away instead.

in fairness, the new mode feels way more enemy-dense than the previous modes

the map design is really effective at channeling everyone into one or two chokepoints or fight-rooms, with all the flanking routes exiting directly into those same chokepoints, and healthpacks temptingly placed just outside the fight rooms

it's the only map where i won't immediately slampick asshimar. the extra mobility is basically useless there. guntank on the other hand is basically guaranteed MVP there

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vizuyos posted:

in fairness, the new mode feels way more enemy-dense than the previous modes

the map design is really effective at channeling everyone into one or two chokepoints or fight-rooms, with all the flanking routes exiting directly into those same chokepoints, and healthpacks temptingly placed just outside the fight rooms

it's the only map where i won't immediately slampick asshimar. the extra mobility is basically useless there. guntank on the other hand is basically guaranteed MVP there

Mocking useless hero shooter players aside*, it really should just rotate the defending team instead of just telling the guys who are losing to lose even harder lol, or have it break to a second point, or something. It feels really incomplete and halfassed, but it's a good idea.

* Insanely dumb though, Overwatch was a horrifyingly informative experience about how people play games. If you have ever turned around or looked up in a match you are in the top 0.1% of players lmao

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like headquarters as a mode, and the map itself doesn't feel that bad, though it could stand to be probably one round shorter. Ideally it would never go more than 3 rounds, however you'd need to make the scoring go for that to work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

chumbler posted:

I like headquarters as a mode, and the map itself doesn't feel that bad, though it could stand to be probably one round shorter. Ideally it would never go more than 3 rounds, however you'd need to make the scoring go for that to work.

Whoa, you want matches in these games to be shorter? Let's not ask for miracles.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
If your casual hero shooter match doesn't last 40 minutes, is it really even a video game?

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Important Evolution News: Theres going to be an event where you can get a gun with Haro on it.

New Limit Over event starts on the 24th.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

https://gundamevolution.com/en/news/176

barbatos nerfs!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like their justification of "It turns out not many units can combat dying instantly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fancy that