Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

Everyone says "put call of duty on gamepass with the Microsoft buyout" but why do that when you can prop up the most sickly of all Activision's games: put WoW on gamepass.

This is what I have been saying for months now. Put WoW on gamepass, it includes the monthly WoW sub, and you just buy the expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Grabbed Jade Empire for $2.50. Grabbed Ikaruga for $2.00. Yeah, I'm thinking it's time to game.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

BurningBeard posted:

Launch wow pre expansions was my last gasp of exposure to the genre, so I definitely would, out of curiosity if nothing else.

Same here. Definitely don't have the time for it now so I don't think I would, but if I did it would be interesting seeing all of the end game content from vanilla that I never experienced as a high schooler because you needed to poop sock high level gear to get into a guild capable of it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Game Pass Perks to give you a bunch of cool WoW poo poo would be nice to get into it if you've never played it before (like me) or haven't played in ages.. I'd give WoW a shot on game pass.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

BurningBeard posted:

Launch wow pre expansions was my last gasp of exposure to the genre, so I definitely would, out of curiosity if nothing else.

:same:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Grabbed Jade Empire for $2.50. Grabbed Ikaruga for $2.00. Yeah, I'm thinking it's time to game.

Have you scheduled a colonoscopy

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I said come in! posted:

This is what I have been saying for months now. Put WoW on gamepass, it includes the monthly WoW sub, and you just buy the expansions.

Given how many "microtransactions" (read: $20 cosmetics) there are now in WoW I'm not sure that buying expansions would even be necessary. You could probably sustain yourself off all the cosmetic and grind skip purchases. It'd be more of an issue of trying to stop botting.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

External Organs posted:

Have you scheduled a colonoscopy

I already own all the newest good games!

Also installed Quantum Break. Seems alright. Nice to look at

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Quantum Break is awesome.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I got Midnight Suns on sale and it's really fun. The fact that my Hunter can't gently caress Tony Stark is the greatest crime since 9/11 though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I enjoyed Quantum Break but it feels like a prototype once you play Control, which is a much better game

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I wish Midnight Suns had a mode where you could focus less on house stuff and more on the combat missions. I'm sure some people would've liked it the other way too. As-is the balance wasn't to my liking and I found it harder and harder to pick up again until I stopped altogether. There's a lot of good stuff there though.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I bought it a while back and I know it'll be my poo poo once I get into it but the beginning is incredibly slow. Tons of long cutscenes and tutorial poo poo and as someone who really doesn't dig marvel it's not fun.

So yeah trimmed down quick game would probably be a thing I'd like.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

BurningBeard posted:

Tons of long cutscenes and tutorial poo poo

Even on discount the price is a bit high for me, but this is almost a deal killer at any price.

I've bounced off so many games that are supposedly great because of this. Control was particularly egregious. Just let me actually play the loving games you make, devs, and when you do, don't stop me every 5 minutes and make me listen to people yammer on about poo poo I'm not even interested in yet because I haven't been able to play enough of the game to know whether I enjoy it.

Heavily front loaded cutscenes and exposition are horrible and I always wonder if they're there to hide lovely gameplay by using up as much of the 2 hour refund window as possible, for the platforms that have such a thing.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Tech support question. I installed that Microsoft Rewards bot Chrome plugin to automate some clicking, and it's doing the laptop tasks just fine, but the Edge and mobile tasks stay at 0/12 and 3/60. Do I need to enable something? Or just wait longer?

This is the latest version I could find on the github account, btw. I don't know why it's saying there's an update available.
The plugin icon turns red sometimes, and error info shows that 'manifest version 2 is deprecated'.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

BurningBeard posted:

Tons of long cutscenes and tutorial poo poo and as someone who really doesn't dig marvel it's not fun.

So yeah trimmed down quick game would probably be a thing I'd like.

Some of the tutorial stuff does take a bit, but it didn't really seem to drag that long to me.

There is a fair bit of storyline, cutscenes, and characters talking, but it's all able to be skipped with b (tapping for dialogue or holding for cutscenes).

The story is actually pretty well done, some of the voice actors nail the role, many of the character interactions are very amusing (they somehow made Tony Stark almost too much of a cocky, condescending prick), and there's lots of little optional content like reading their chats and stuff. But if you aren't into Marvel then I could see that being grating and between you and just the gameplay you want.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/AwaySeries/status/1656646938949832705?s=20

Could be cool

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

The part of Quantum Break that bothers me the most is the lack of creativity in naming the powers. Just take what the power is and slap the word "Time" on the front. Definitely felt like it was a Friday at a quarter to pub when they came up with those.

Time Dash, Time Dodge, Time Shield, Time Blast.

Was there no-one that could come up with something slighted better.

That aside I really enjoyed the game, but I'm also a big fan of time travel in fiction so I enjoyed the story.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Tech support question. I installed that Microsoft Rewards bot Chrome plugin to automate some clicking

I think you're running into the fact that Rewards is pretty janky sometimes. I do it legit and run into that kind of issue too, it is what it is.

For what it's worth, I've read that your rewards account can get banned if you use tools like that, usually when you try to cash out. Just a warning.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Douche4Sale posted:

Some of the tutorial stuff does take a bit, but it didn't really seem to drag that long to me.

There is a fair bit of storyline, cutscenes, and characters talking, but it's all able to be skipped with b (tapping for dialogue or holding for cutscenes).

The story is actually pretty well done, some of the voice actors nail the role, many of the character interactions are very amusing (they somehow made Tony Stark almost too much of a cocky, condescending prick), and there's lots of little optional content like reading their chats and stuff. But if you aren't into Marvel then I could see that being grating and between you and just the gameplay you want.

Oh for sure. I think a lot of love went into it it’s just not my preferred feel. It being the kind of game it is, made by who it is, I’ll get over it. And I’ve heard that it gets better as time goes on so when I get back to it I’m sure it’ll be fine. I don’t want to come off as a snotty Marvel is stupid I can’t believe people play this poo poo kind of person because it does have that breezy tropey thing that works for folks.

Also, the tutorials feeling excessive could just be a me thing since bad eyesight being what it is, slow parts tend to be even slower for me.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Tech support question. I installed that Microsoft Rewards bot Chrome plugin to automate some clicking

If it doesn't work here's a legit non-bot method I use (it's quick other than a few min to set up initially):

For the PC Bing searches, using Edge browser have 45 searches (e.g. the numbers 1-45) set up as a 'Collection' and hit 'Open all in new tabs' every day (make sure the tabs fully load).

For the mobile searches, use the Edge app on your phone to search for something like 'Marvel movies'. Tap through the movies displayed until you have enough searches. The next day open the app and tap back through the movies using the 'back' button. Next day the 'forward' button etc.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Delayed by a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/frictionalgames/status/1657007722582388739

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No rush. We’re all playing Zelda anyway!!!

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Has anyone has a problem with their xbox series controller randomly deciding the face buttons and dpad dont work? Had this controller since 2021 and all of a sudden today the sticks work, the triggers work, but the face buttons and dpad are totally unresponsive. Same result when plugged into the pc.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

ZeeBoi posted:

Silksong not releasing within 12 months after the 2022 Xbox Showcase

https://twitter.com/griffinmatta/status/1656106351184199680?s=20

To be fair thats all team cherry. They are notorious overachievers.

*Sorry for double post.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Fanatic posted:

If it doesn't work here's a legit non-bot method I use (it's quick other than a few min to set up initially):

For the PC Bing searches, using Edge browser have 45 searches (e.g. the numbers 1-45) set up as a 'Collection' and hit 'Open all in new tabs' every day (make sure the tabs fully load).

For the mobile searches, use the Edge app on your phone to search for something like 'Marvel movies'. Tap through the movies displayed until you have enough searches. The next day open the app and tap back through the movies using the 'back' button. Next day the 'forward' button etc.

Thanks! That's probably a better way than fiddling with the plugin that might get me banned.

Not that MS Rewards is making me rich right now. I don't see how everyone is getting free Gold/GamePass from this, I get like 100 points per day and minimal streak bonuses.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Thanks! That's probably a better way than fiddling with the plugin that might get me banned.

Not that MS Rewards is making me rich right now. I don't see how everyone is getting free Gold/GamePass from this, I get like 100 points per day and minimal streak bonuses.
FWIW I’ve been using that plug-in for 6+ years now and no issues, redeemed plenty of gift cards and stuff over the years. Racked up a few hundred dollars’ worth of points over that time. Definitely getting more than 100 points a day now, don’t forget the points you can get directly on Gamepass quests and the Xbox app

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There's also the rewards app on the xbox along with a seperate set of game pass rewards

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
so, it's been hard to find replacement wireless adapter for windows, ms store doesn't sell them out of a combo with a controller and nowhere has them, so trying my luck in eBay ended with a greymarket import that seems okay, 2 counterfeits that work fine but from disassembly miss the heatsink over the MediaTek chip, so they might die prematurely.

xbox protocol is way better than bluetooth and owns for headsets on pc.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Think it depends on your location as well, some countries have more/better offers. And yeah, if you’re just on PC you’ll only get access to half as many earners too.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Some quick ones:

- While on the homepage of the Edge browser (with all the news articles) find the Gaming section and there's a +50 points click there every day.

- Install & open the Xbox app on your phone for daily points (increases based on streak, +5, +10, up to +50).

- Daily Bing rewards (quiz, poll, etc), and the other +10 clicks below that.

Bit more effort:

- MS Rewards app on console: various +5 clicks, +100 weekly punchcard (with streak rewards), +500 monthly punchcard.

- Game Pass quests: good amount of points on offer for playing daily, +500 if you do enough in a month.

- PC Game Pass: to get the +100 play with friends daily, you can load up Age of Empires 2 and join a MS Rewards lobby (just being in the lobby should unlock it).

I think that covers the easier things :v:

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 13, 2023

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Thanks for all the great tips, but I'll admit that I'm limiting myself by refusing to get GamePass.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Get game pass then

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'd rather pay for Gamepass than get a small trickle of points and no Gamepass.

My problem with Gamepass is I keep getting overwhelmed and having decision paralysis with how many games are on it I want to play.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Get game pass then

I'll also admit that this thread is kinda winning me over. :shobon:

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Just played through Ravenlok and that game is a mix of thoughts for me.

The length is short, most of the quests are fetch quests, any combat can be brute forced with potions and they have made some really bizarre choices with the camera.

That said, the game looks wonderful, the music is sublime, combat actually has some pace to it.

I completed it over a couple of sessions and enjoyed my time while doing so. Might be worth giving it a go.

One note about the music though. They made the decision that each screen has completely different music. This includes screens you may be in for 5 seconds. It means a lot of the time you will not get to hear the tracks get into their main riff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been playing games on Xbox Game Cloud, I wanted to see what all of the fuss about that has got the U.K. upset about gaming fairness. It's not a bad experience at all, the caveat is that i'm on fiber optic in Seattle, and using ethernet. So of course it is a smooth experience. You can absolutely tell it's streaming, but it still looks really good and is fully playable assuming you have the setup to make it work. I imagine that anything less is unplayable.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'll also admit that this thread is kinda winning me over. :shobon:

Why would you not get game pass? That's like the main reason to go team Xbox.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The fact that Xbox is fun doesn't hurt either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
My only problem with Game Pass is that I just keep mashing Rocket League instead of playing my huge library of games. So it seems a bit wasteful. On the other hand, I have a massive library of games I can play whenever, even if I won't. So it's hard to say