Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

In general, it just seems weird to play the same team almost back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Especially at the end of the season. Decent chance it would even be a wild card matchup right after.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/lions/status/1656751277777489920?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1656811426093342721

e: omg the banners in the chargers video I'm dying

e2:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 12, 2023

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btlZiL94JZk

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Raiders are getting a lot of MNF, god drat.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
4 prime times for the bears. Too many 3:25s for my liking, but whatever. Why is the browns game a TBD?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

4 prime times for the bears. Too many 3:25s for my liking, but whatever. Why is the browns game a TBD?

https://twitter.com/CodyTalksNFL/status/1656829199078899713

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears schedule release is apparently based on that restaurant show, it's whatever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears schedule release is apparently based on that restaurant show, it's whatever

post it coward

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

post it coward

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1656811473614643202?s=20

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
I thought they photoshopped in Seth Rollins head cuz of the bleached part in the back

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

R.D. Mangles posted:

Good show tho. Check it out. The Bear.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Art Core...velay posted:

I thought they photoshopped in Seth Rollins head cuz of the bleached part in the back

if you watch it that is actually Seth Rollins

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I tried watching The Bear because everyone gushed about it and I could not believe there was so much praise for a show that features *multiple* Tortured Refined Chefs working at a fuckin italian beef joint. Could not take it seriously enough to give it more than an episode and a half

Also it was a weird mix of "obnoxiously, in-your-face set in Chicago" and "sloppy about actual Chicago-specific details." I know the second thing is an annoying thing to complain about but if you're gonna soundtrack your show with Wilco and get shots of an incredibly conspicuous Malort billboard, you shouldn't also be doing "hardscrabble business struggling to get by in gritty early-gentrification River North"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also the Tribune Tower shot at the very beginning of the show is of the Oakland Tribune. But it’s still really entertaining!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xbilkis posted:

I tried watching The Bear because everyone gushed about it and I could not believe there was so much praise for a show that features *multiple* Tortured Refined Chefs working at a fuckin italian beef joint. Could not take it seriously enough to give it more than an episode and a half

Also it was a weird mix of "obnoxiously, in-your-face set in Chicago" and "sloppy about actual Chicago-specific details." I know the second thing is an annoying thing to complain about but if you're gonna soundtrack your show with Wilco and get shots of an incredibly conspicuous Malort billboard, you shouldn't also be doing "hardscrabble business struggling to get by in gritty early-gentrification River North"

Oh god.
It's The Wire

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

If I watch the Bears season then I can get people off my back for not having seen The Bear? Win win.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Imagine setting a show in Chicago called the bear and it's not about mitch trubisky

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

Imagine setting a show in Chicago called the bear and it's not about mitch trubisky

Shameful

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ZombieCrew posted:

The last time the Bears won against the Packers in the first game was 2006. They won 26-0 and it also featured Devin Hesters first return TD in the NFL.

I remember watching this game at a bar in Somerville, MA, when I was in college. The bar was mostly Pats fans, but I vividly remember seeing a couple in Packers gear exiting early and it made me happy.

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's a good show despite a few cringey and incorrect things about Chicago.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I liked the part where they were upset about River North gentrifying

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao oh no, the rich people are pushing out the Disney store and ESPN zone

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The only show I'd watch about a restaurant in river north would be one set in the Rock N Roll McDonald's.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm so pissed about the ESPN Zone that place rocked

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The local bar that has mafia dudes hanging out is the Green Door Tavern which is also very funny

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Anyone here have season tickets for their sports football team?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

The only show I'd watch about a restaurant in river north would be one set in the Rock N Roll McDonald's.

Intense one-continuous-take episode where the staff is fighting against management’s decision to remove the Simpsons arcade game…now we’re talking

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

GNU Order posted:

I'm so pissed about the ESPN Zone that place rocked

I still have a little soccer ball I got there when I was in middle school. Great place.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

you cut out the best reference(or whoevever pulled that image lol)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
the whole scene has so much to unpack. with baby fields at rebuildabear

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
The Lions schedule release video feels almost intentionally bad. Like some weird attempt to lower expectations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

I liked the part where they were upset about River North gentrifying

Yeah the biggest thing is pretending like River North is some rough-and-tumble neighborhood and not a place where the average 1-bedroom apartment goes for $2,700 a month. But there was also a scene where two guys were arguing about the correct highway to take to get to the suburbs, as if they're from Los Angeles or something and have more than 2 highways to choose from. They were throwing out names like Edens, Kennedy, and Dan Ryan, not realizing that those are all the same road, just at different parts.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can we still resurrect Wesley Willis?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shrimpy posted:

The Lions schedule release video feels almost intentionally bad. Like some weird attempt to lower expectations.

It’s a joke about the TikTok trend of having Obama, Biden, trump, and Ben Shapiro play Xbox and beef with each other using AI voices

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shrimpy posted:

You're insane. It was art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Shrimpy posted:

Lower expectations? Based on that video they are gonna score the most points ever and crush everyone.