Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i never watched life of pi till last night
high as fvkk of course so the bioluminescent phytoplankton scene was fuckin ballin especially.
p dece

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

12 Angry Men
Holy poo poo, that's a good film. One of my favourites.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

SUN DAWG posted:

gonna probably watch The Toxic Avenger tonight. I haven’t seen a Troma movie since college. let’s see if I still like this poo poo.

if you’re watching troma stuff you should definitely check out the nobodies if you want something very weird and deeply sad. it’s a mockumentary about a guy who made a really weird film and took his life after being ostracized after a local screening of it and alternates between showing the film and interviews with the people involved and family and friends and townsfolk. it’s a lot and gets super heavy but it’s one of my all time favorite films if you can handle the heaviness of the “real life” segments and the relentless weirdness of the film in the film.

also watch screamplay screamplay owns it’s fun it’s funny it’s screamplay everyone should watch it

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

watho

as much as i hate these types of descriptions screamplay is like a mix of scream and barton fink except it predates both of them nobody has seen it and everyone should watch it

Mummy Napkin
I might have to check that out but will have to be in the right headspace because it sounds pretty twisted

toxic avenger was whack on rewatching but in the way I expected

Finger Prince

I want to watch a Sci Fi tonight. What should I watch?

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Little Big League takes the idea of a little kid getting to be in charge of the Minnesota Twins VERY seriously. It's not a fun escapist fantasy, this kid is cracking under pressure. 7/10

Finger Prince

I started watching 10000 BC and my god its awful.

Finger Prince

Last night I watched Chaos Walking, with a bunch of actors I recognize from a bunch of other stuff.
It's a kind of cool premise, and had potential, but never really realized it, and by the third act kind of went off the rails with regards to that potential and just sort of wrapped things up.
I also had a bit of an issue with the time lines presented. The second colony ship arrives something like 64 years after the first one, and in that time, the first colony has essentially reverted to tribes and clans living in a pre-industrial state. Even things like electronic fire starters are objects of awe.
I can kind of get behind the idea of societal collapse when all men's thoughts (and only the men) are visible and hearable by everyone, but just the stuff that's presented implies more like hundreds of years of isolation.
And OK like the walking dead works on a similar sort of time frame, but it's not based on the idea of future tech colony ships that have all the stuff to build a civilization (like the unfinished monorail towers).
And I think they could have gone deeper in showing how and why they're in the state that they are (one statement about the energy rifles about them never working or not having worked in decades is a wasted opportunity - maybe the colony ship was outfitted on the cheap by a cost cutting megacorp?), but instead they just went with nah, it's a pg13 love story in which all obstacles are removed by the end.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Folks it was may fifth, and that can only mean one thing; it's time for our annual Food Fight (2012) watch. This is our ninth annual viewing. We, collectively, have probably seem this movie more times than any other people on earth. It does not make it easier to know this, but it does explain the nightmare. We invented bad movie month to hype ourselves up for this piece of poo poo. It's become familiar in a sickening way. This year I welcomed it like an old friend and slipped into it easily. Last year was particularly rough. Two years before that I set Spotify to dark side of the moon. There's so many layers to why it doesn't work, so many awful little things you can't take in on the first viewing. It's a true -10/10

watho

a canadian microbudget film double feature of duel on the river and open doom crescendo

Macnult

watched the Teddy Perkins (free piano) episode of Atlanta last night if that counts

alexandriao

Finger Prince posted:

Last night I watched Chaos Walking, with a bunch of actors I recognize from a bunch of other stuff.
It's a kind of cool premise, and had potential, but never really realized it, and by the third act kind of went off the rails with regards to that potential and just sort of wrapped things up.
I also had a bit of an issue with the time lines presented. The second colony ship arrives something like 64 years after the first one, and in that time, the first colony has essentially reverted to tribes and clans living in a pre-industrial state. Even things like electronic fire starters are objects of awe.
I can kind of get behind the idea of societal collapse when all men's thoughts (and only the men) are visible and hearable by everyone, but just the stuff that's presented implies more like hundreds of years of isolation.
And OK like the walking dead works on a similar sort of time frame, but it's not based on the idea of future tech colony ships that have all the stuff to build a civilization (like the unfinished monorail towers).
And I think they could have gone deeper in showing how and why they're in the state that they are (one statement about the energy rifles about them never working or not having worked in decades is a wasted opportunity - maybe the colony ship was outfitted on the cheap by a cost cutting megacorp?), but instead they just went with nah, it's a pg13 love story in which all obstacles are removed by the end.

so as someone who's read the books, the books were good but deserved like a movie for each book ugh

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

TITTIEKISSER69

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Three Amigos

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Cable Guy

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

watho

beau is afraid

calhoun
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Look who's talking too

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Watch out! It's good.

Areola Grande

Ominous Jazz posted:

Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Watch out! It's good.

I enjoyed this film a great deal :clint:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I do like a good anthology movie.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
the scruggs are bustin

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

itry posted:

Doesn't Kylie Minogue play an absinthe bottle in that one?

somehow still less weird than starring in Street Fighter: The Movie

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Nightmare On Elms Street
it's nice to watch a horror movie that's actually scary and actually has motivation after suffering through all the Friday the 13ths

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Nightmare on Elms Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
very different energy. very gay (complimentary). i can see why freddy became an 80s phenomenon.

Areola Grande

Ominous Jazz posted:

Nightmare On Elms Street
it's nice to watch a horror movie that's actually scary and actually has motivation after suffering through all the Friday the 13ths

saw that for the first time recently and was genuinely freaked out by all the crazy ceiling poo poo :cry:

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style

Areola Grande posted:

saw that for the first time recently and was genuinely freaked out by all the crazy ceiling poo poo :cry:

it's SO much grosser than i thought it would be! but it's good at ramping the tension and showing scary sights. it holds up!

Areola Grande

Ominous Jazz posted:

it's SO much grosser than i thought it would be! but it's good at ramping the tension and showing scary sights. it holds up!

yeah it's a unique one

Areola Grande

Water for Elephants. Good dust bowl circus poo poo. especially if u liked Carnivale

Goons Are Gifts

I watched the whale. I dunno, it's not bad but it's also not amazing, I know it's a polarizing movie but I don't even think that because it's exaggerated or disgusting or doesn't come to closure with the topic at hand or focuses too much on the part that matters the least but at the same time is the most yuck and spectacular, being the surface of an eating disorder and how ugly it can be and how eating can be a very ugly thing, but mostly because it's very full of itself and convinced that it's doing a grand job. It's like, Aronofsky knows what he's doing, and he is, but he also has to show that a lot, which ends up borderline manipulative or at least just doing it for the spectacles.

However, the artistic performance of the actors are amazing and the make up department as well as the stage designer did an amazing job.

Goons Are Gifts

Absolutely not a feel good movie and while it can be, eh, impressive, it doesn't have to be fun in the normal sense of the word either. But I mean that's Aronofsky.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Areola Grande posted:

Water for Elephants. Good dust bowl circus poo poo. especially if u liked Carnivale

i watched The Elephant Whisperers on netflix, which won the oscar last year for best short documentary film. follows a couple who live in a nature preserve in India working for the forest service taking care of orphaned baby elephants and it is beautiful. the elephants are like gigantic toddlers and the people are so sweet with them.

watho

project wolf hunting

Quadramind

watho posted:

project wolf hunting

Do you like awoos?

Well, I got her number. How do you like them awoos?

watho

Quadramind posted:

Do you like awoos?

Well, I got her number. How do you like them awoos?

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Goons Are Gifts

Coherence, wild movie about comets and parallel universe and physics and Einstein and terrible dinner decisions

watho

free Trapt CD posted:

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

well hi there pardner, i just came to let you know that round here we… we don’t sign our posts

Areola Grande

watho posted:

well hi there pardner, i just came to let you know that round here we… we don’t sign our posts

lol

sb hermit

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Night on the Galactic Railroad