Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Castor Poe posted:

Congrats LibsofTiktok.

That or it’ll be him in a long hair wig and make it some cruel joke about what he identifies as now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Strategic Tea posted:

Here we go!

Who could it be??

*Boerishly* IT'S ME, WOKEISTS

(Aw, son of a bitch)

Oh god, the fact that there's a non zero chance this could happen is causing me mental anguish.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

MiracleFlare posted:

Okay, yeah, that's pretty hosed up.

I'm trying to think if there's anything from any other accounts or threads that I want to save for if/when they get taken down too, but I'm fortunate in that all I can think of are some art resources. As much as I joke around about dumb Twitter decisions, it sucks that people are going to lose mementos of dead loved ones.

Save and backup everything, never trust a site to keep all your sentimental photos.

If this teaches people the (hard) lesson not to trust big tech, or indeed any company, to “do the right thing”, that would be a silver lining.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Halisnacks posted:

If this teaches people the (hard) lesson not to trust big tech, or indeed any company, to “do the right thing”, that would be a silver lining.

Hell Google Reader did that for me and that was years ago.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm actually kinda looking forward to going back to the decentralized Internet of pre-2008 or so, when people had their own websites or presences on a variety of different services and didn't just say "I'm on the socials at @bleemfart"

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

It's Elizabeth Holmes wearing a fake moustache.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Did Grimes return a phone call?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RocketMermaid posted:

It's Elizabeth Holmes wearing a fake moustache.

Liz Holmes, totally different she swears

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Did he hire Laura Loomer?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shivon Zilis is my bet

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

he spelled psyops wrong

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Here we go!

Who could it be??

*Boerishly* IT'S ME, WOKEISTS

(Aw, son of a bitch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alnRBqhso8Q&t=108s

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Data Graham posted:

I'm actually kinda looking forward to going back to the decentralized Internet of pre-2008 or so, when people had their own websites or presences on a variety of different services and didn't just say "I'm on the socials at @bleemfart"

Just wait till it decentralizes further and by 2030 were back to dialing up into bbs.

Actually yeah probably better still.

edit: I wonder how a smart phone would even handle a bbs.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
So his role is doing the stuff he already focuses on, and there’s no chance he will take direction from the ceo. How many Scaramucci’s will the new ceo last?

Maybe he picked a sycophantic elon boot kisser, so they will be ceo in name only with him still making all the calls.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Non joke reply I bet he is hiring the women who is a corporate ghoul who is running their safety team who claimed that the nazis burned her family alive that’s why she is allowed to let nazis post.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
In the greatest twist, it’s Hilary Clinton

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

You'd have to be as dumb as Elno to take that job, so if this is real I fully expect the dumbest outcome possible: either Elon does a lovely "I now identify as female :smuggo:" thing or it's going to be some dimwit like Loomer or Marge Taylor Greene.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

kazil posted:

It's an attempt to bully NPR into posting again
It'd probably never happen because they have better things to do, but I'd love to see how Elon would react if the NPR account just started tweeting a single period every 29 days.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Love to take over a business on the brink of bankruptcy, in the middle of several dozen lawsuits, and the owner wants to be my subordinate

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

You'd have to be as dumb as Elno to take that job, so if this is real I fully expect the dumbest outcome possible: either Elon does a lovely "I now identify as female :smuggo:" thing or it's going to be some dimwit like Loomer or Marge Taylor Greene.

watch it be Chaya Raichik

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Strategic Tea posted:

(Aw, son of a bitch)

"Even my immediate illegitimate family fell for it!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

MrQwerty posted:

watch it be Chaya Raichik

Wouldn't surprise me. It's not going to be anyone good or competent for sure.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

kazil posted:

Love to take over a business on the brink of bankruptcy, in the middle of several dozen lawsuits, and the owner wants to be my subordinate

Yeah, I wouldn't want the job. Waking up at 2 AM because Elon made some sort of Twitter decree that needs to be addressed NOW!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I hope it’s a ploy to get media to generate names for him b/c he actually has nobody in mind

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

kazil posted:

Oh, so as soon as all the lawsuits actually happen, Melon can go "But I'm not the CEO, I'm not liable :downs: " even though it obviously doesn't work that way.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kazil posted:

Hey poo poo, even if it goes bankruptcy CEO always make sure they get paid. I mean technically it's just a high paying job with zero stress, cos like how are you going to gently caress up twitter even worse than it is. Just sit back relax, take the paycheck, and let everyone rightfully blame musk when everything continues to go to poo poo. Honestly it's sort of a dream job.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's gonna be his ma.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

goatface posted:

It's gonna be his ma.

biological mother or his sister-mother?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Excited to announce that I've a new CEO

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

dr_rat posted:

Hey poo poo, even if it goes bankruptcy CEO always make sure they get paid. I mean technically it's just a high paying job with zero stress, cos like how are you going to gently caress up twitter even worse than it is. Just sit back relax, take the paycheck, and let everyone rightfully blame musk when everything continues to go to poo poo. Honestly it's sort of a dream job.

8am daily standup call with Elon Musk

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

quote:

Fiorina is anti-abortion.[272] She expressed support for legislation to ban abortions 20 weeks after fertilization, with an exception for cases of rape, incest, or danger to the life of the mother.[273] In 2010, she said that Roe v. Wade was settled law, but later reversed that position.[274] Fiorina supports overturning Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in the United States, leaving it to the states.

My guess

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

He's becoming Chief Transphobe Officer?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ben shapino posted:

8am daily standup call with Elon Musk

Hire an assistant that sounds a lot like you. They can deal with that poo poo.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
It's 100% either his Mom or Libz of Tik Tok.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

kazil posted:

Elon just wants a dommy mommy.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

That world is dead.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Vire posted:

Non joke reply I bet he is hiring the women who is a corporate ghoul who is running their safety team who claimed that the nazis burned her family alive that’s why she is allowed to let nazis post.

It’s definitely going to be this. “How could we be racist?! Our CEO had family members killed by the nazis! I thought you guys were supposed to be WOKE :smug:” or whatever bullshit

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

oh god what if the new CEO is his new AI?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

priznat posted:

That or it’ll be him in a long hair wig and make it some cruel joke about what he identifies as now

I'm putting my money on this because it would be the exact thing he would do both to "stick it to them" and get all the attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/zachsilberberg/status/1656734814223978496?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw