Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He air rides on my Wii every month or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nobody ever ranks the kirbys. Know why? Because they’re all the same rank:

:waycool:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I legit never played a Kirby until late last year when I broke out the NES Classic for my kiddos. I was super suprised at how fun it was and it seems to have aged really well. Feel like I have a lot of catching up to do.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like how nintendo says you don't need to have played BotW to play ToTK, confirming just how skippable it really was

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm glad to get a new Zelda. The series catches a lot of flak but even the weakest ones are decent. For whatever reason the perennially mid Kirby series gets a pass on this.

Now we know the real reason you got de-modded

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

i like how nintendo says you don't need to have played BotW to play ToTK, confirming just how skippable it really was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfP_3UD5qF8&t=103s

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have literally only played two final fantasyies

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

name one Nintendo first party game where you actually had to play a prior one to enjoy it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

name one Nintendo first party game where you actually had to play a prior one to enjoy it

Radiant Dawn?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just hit the credits in Forgotten Lands

Kirby is good, great even.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VostokProgram posted:

Super Mario Bros. 2

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

VostokProgram posted:

luigi's mansion 2 and/or 3? (ive never played these)

they don't really do direct sequels do they. so is ToTK a sequel or not

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's a sequel

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So what other games are coming out soon?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Armored Core

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SF6/FFXVI are both out in June :popeye:

and then Pikmin 4 in July

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hatty posted:

Armored Core

:woop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

Armored Snore

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just kidding

Giant robots rule

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:woop:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kinda hosed up that gamers get so excited for sequel after sequel of geriatric AAA serieses, and when a genuinely new "intellectual property" comes out (Redfall) they stomp on it like it's on fire

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Same but forspoken. Gamers can’t handle new ideas

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

Kinda hosed up that gamers get so excited for sequel after sequel of geriatric AAA serieses, and when a genuinely new "intellectual property" comes out (Redfall) they stomp on it like it's on fire

yeah, it's wild. like Pikmin 4 is coming out and again Nintendo just makes Pikmin again without taking any notes from the superior swarm of minions management game series, Overlord

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

In that case keep an eye out for Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE and that weird level 5 rpg DecaPolice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, the minute a new IP stumbles, people go right back to "They should have made Prey 2"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hatty posted:

Same but forspoken. Gamers can’t handle new ideas

I know I'm deranged but Forspoken was fun, I like air dodging and chaining spells. Good gamefeel all around.

Another win in the Year of the RPG from Japan.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

I was under the impression people stomp on Redfall because it's hot garbage, not because it's a new IP.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

yeah, it's wild. like Pikmin 4 is coming out and again Nintendo just makes Pikmin again without taking any notes from the superior swarm of minions management game series, Overlord

man overlord was so much fun

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

This is just another example of gamer culture toxicity op.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Chev posted:

I was under the impression people stomp on Redfall because it's hot garbage, not because it's a new IP.
see, that's exactly the kind of misinformation we're talking about. everyones just scared of change

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Help Im Alive posted:

SF6/FFXVI are both out in June :popeye:

and then Pikmin 4 in July

Diablo going into XVI going into Baldur's Gate 3. I can't remember a year that I was this excited for a line up.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

diablo 4 i'm probably going to wait and see if there's anything there that will actually make me want to give blizzard money again

ff16 i will wait for pc version

totk i'm not gonna bother with

sf6 is the main thing i'm currently looking forward to, i'm going to have a whole lot of fun with the world tour RPG mode

july is ???? and then it's evo

presumably time will continue after that but i'm not thinking about it (will probably play bg3)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I Believe In Larian.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RainCode.....

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

exquisite tea posted:

I Believe In Larian.

My only worry is that the stuff that wasn't in early access might be incredibly buggy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CottonWolf posted:

My only worry is that the stuff that wasn't in early access might be incredibly buggy.

The last act of the game will probably be really rushed but still good and then a year later they patch in BG3 Definitive Edition and you get to play it again. Win Win.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJtPFXUnm4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

Radiant Dawn?

Not really. Everything you need to know from Path of Radiance is summed up at the beginning and you don't even see Ike again until 10 hours in.