Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

what tf is gooning

E: shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

mastajake posted:

what tf is gooning

Google it with safe search off

Edit: in public

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Welp

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I started a new BotW playthough a couple months ago because I knew I'd never want to play it again after TotK. I kind of petered out because I've just played it so much over the years, but last Saturday I finally finished it. I thought maybe it would tire me out from Zelda but frankly it has me even more excited because I'll be so cognizant of the changes.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

This is the best thread in Games

zorldo stays winning

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

BotW is such a masterful game. If TotK really is better, that’s all I could ask for.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Korok seed? More like dork cock peed

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah, and don’t start TotK until you’ve found every Korok Seed :twisted:

I’d like to play Totk this century tho :smith:

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Currently at a 5-star ultra-luxury resort and wishing I were home instead so I could play this imminently instead of waiting until Sunday.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Yo is this the thread for the new MILF game?

Moblins
Investigate
my Lies
Fuckin got em

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MokBa posted:

I started a new BotW playthough a couple months ago because I knew I'd never want to play it again after TotK. I kind of petered out because I've just played it so much over the years, but last Saturday I finally finished it. I thought maybe it would tire me out from Zelda but frankly it has me even more excited because I'll be so cognizant of the changes.

I feel like in a few years I’ll head back through both games. there is a certain feeling to BOTW that TOTK won’t replicate just by nature of being a different game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MokBa posted:

I started a new BotW playthough a couple months ago because I knew I'd never want to play it again after TotK.

smh if you don't keep save files for when you first meet Sidon, and after beating Water Blight Ganon. :ohdear:

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

sigher posted:

Eldin Ring is a shitload bigger when it comes to landmass.

botw was 84 km sq vs 79 for Elden ring.

Totk is WAY bigger.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh no. I'm just now preloading and it says 25 hours remaining to download. I've made a mistake

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ogmius815 posted:

Surely you mean basketball.

Luka didn't get it done.:smith:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

ikanreed posted:

Oh no. I'm just now preloading and it says 25 hours remaining to download. I've made a mistake

and I just checked my Amazon preorder and it now says Delivery tomorrow by 11pm :ohdear:

why did i do this

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

ikanreed posted:

i've gotten "data corrupted" errors twice when the download has finished, and i'm still trying to troubleshoot it lol

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
for those of you who have the game already: how big is the 1.1 update? because i imagine nintendo's servers are going to be slow as gently caress tonight

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Kotaku being Kotaku

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

for those of you who have the game already: how big is the 1.1 update? because i imagine nintendo's servers are going to be slow as gently caress tonight

317mbs

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Kotaku being Kotaku

I haven't played the game yet and found BotW kinda boring, but this guy definitely has an axe to grind.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Unanimous praise is boring, and quite frankly unhealthy

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kotaku being Kotaku

That's only one point lower than Breath of the Wild, that's not too bad, actually.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Just in case any of you forgot, we can have this amazing game in our pocket, and play it anywhere. That's awesome.

Long flights, long drives, long waits at doctor appointments, this game will murder that downtime.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Kotaku being Kotaku

He's right.

There is a group of people who are really mad that BotW isn't the same as all the old Zelda games so it's good that they are represented.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Just in case any of you forgot, we can have this amazing game in our pocket, and play it anywhere.

I need bigger pockets

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

CJ posted:

There is a group of people who are really mad that BotW isn't the same as all the old Zelda games

I liked botw because it's like the oldest Zelda games: "here's a big world, go explore wherever you want and find temples." My fondest childhood gaming memories were stuff like stumbling into the final LoZ dungeons early on and getting absolutely wrecked. I'm glad they're leaning so hard into the joy of adventuring rather than the formulaic linear string of themed temples

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
personally i feel more zelda games should go back to the tried and true formula of giving me a boat

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Owned

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm gonna need more memes, good memes not that old botw crap

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I'm playing Morrowind instead, the game Zelda is now a blatant ripoff of. Giant mushrooms and all

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

My partner likes watching me play zelda games so i’ll have to wait till after work tomorrow to play but i’m getting a contact high from everyone itt

This first few hours of botw were magical, enjoy yourselves goons

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Polo-Rican posted:

I liked botw because it's like the oldest Zelda games: "here's a big world, go explore wherever you want and find temples." My fondest childhood gaming memories were stuff like stumbling into the final LoZ dungeons early on and getting absolutely wrecked. I'm glad they're leaning so hard into the joy of adventuring rather than the formulaic linear string of themed temples

yeah, a huge part of the initial marketing push for BotW was how you could recreate the concept art from the original LoZ game. If you read interviews about BotW and TotK you'll see that this is the quintessential Zelda experience to both Aonuma and Miyamoto, the purest expression of what they always wanted it to be

It does put "old Zelda" in an awkward spot. Presumably they know people are missing things from the classic formula, but it's also something they've been trying to move away from since Skyward Sword. I'm not sure they want to go back. I wonder if we'll see something akin to what they did with Metroid and Dread or even Mario with 3D vs. 2D, and in the future we'll have two "tracks" of Zelda

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

hows the stream?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

FOUR

HOURS (and 3 minutes)
AN HOUR AND A HALF :f5:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Watch the Eshop is gonna crash when everyone tries to verify that it’s time to play

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rageaholic posted:

AN HOUR AND A HALF :f5:

I have a bunch of micheladas here and I'm watching the final season of Netflix's Ultraman while I wait. I'm hoping Nintendo's servers don't get too hosed at 9pm (I just had my Switch do a system update and restart).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Download faster you motherfucker.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Steve Yun posted:

Watch the Eshop is gonna crash when everyone tries to verify that it’s time to play

before preloading became standard this happened all the time and it sucked a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

WarpDogs posted:

yeah, a huge part of the initial marketing push for BotW was how you could recreate the concept art from the original LoZ game. If you read interviews about BotW and TotK you'll see that this is the quintessential Zelda experience to both Aonuma and Miyamoto, the purest expression of what they always wanted it to be

It does put "old Zelda" in an awkward spot. Presumably they know people are missing things from the classic formula, but it's also something they've been trying to move away from since Skyward Sword. I'm not sure they want to go back. I wonder if we'll see something akin to what they did with Metroid and Dread or even Mario with 3D vs. 2D, and in the future we'll have two "tracks" of Zelda

There are at least 3 or 4 fundamentally different types of game in the pre-BOTW zelda. I'd argue, from playing it recently, the original game is sui generis, and is more of a secret collection game than anything. It didn't really strike me as "open world", the world is not that big, and just running around aimlessly in it and getting murdered by lynels is certainly not fun unless you know all the secrets and fairy fountain locations. Then you have Zelda 2. Then LttP and all the games modeled after it. Then Ocarina and all the games modeled after it. Then Skyward Sword. All of these are very different experiences, only throughline really being dungeons.

Personally of course I know that LttP and its successors are the true Zelda games and all the others are poo poo. I never liked Ocarina, WW is OK because of the art and story. TP is the most boring poo poo imaginable, I couldn't make it more than like an hour in. Majora's Mask is the only good 3d zelda before BOTW