Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FIVE MINUTES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Me in 5 minutes

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Diabetic posted:

At GameStop picking up my copy and the smell....

Is it good

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
before you panic iirc it took about 15 minutes to unlock mario odyssey and this is probably the biggest non-holiday release since then so the unlock servers may get hosed for a bit

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Trip report after six hours: Nintendo needs a Switch Pro. Game runs OK, but anything involving crafting more than a few pieces makes the game FPS dive.

Also crafting seems a bit tedious after your first device - placing a minecart on rails, then placing a fan on the cart feels like busywork the third time you do it. They seem to acknowledge this a bit, because a later location in the first area has a ton of pre-built rafts ready for use instead of asking you to make yet another raft.

But don’t get me wrong, the game is good. Hope the crafting part stays in the background once the tutorial area is over.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ymgve posted:

Trip report after six hours: Nintendo needs a Switch Pro. Game runs OK, but anything involving crafting more than a few pieces makes the game FPS dive.

Also crafting seems a bit tedious after your first device - placing a minecart on rails, then placing a fan on the cart feels like busywork the third time you do it. They seem to acknowledge this a bit, because a later location in the first area has a ton of pre-built rafts ready for use.

But don’t get me wrong, the game is good. Hope the crafting part stays in the background once the tutorial area is over.

Make sure to do the Josha and Robbie quests asap

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Kotaku being Kotaku

nintendo launches are fun because they really bring out the score obsessed freaks. you'd think that nobody who doesn't have "recess" as a standard part of their week would still care about that sort of thing or console wars and the like, but apparently nah

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

:shepspends:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Posting in the last minute before tears come out

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Hmm the “you can’t play yet” message just changed

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Nice knowing all of you.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

before you panic iirc it took about 15 minutes to unlock mario odyssey and this is probably the biggest non-holiday release since then so the unlock servers may get hosed for a bit

whoa second try, its z time

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It’s 9 and I’m still not allowed to play

Edit: 9:01

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Steve Yun posted:

Hmm the “you can’t play yet” message just changed

Try fully rebooting the switch, sometimes it's finicky, particularly if you're not on EST.

Enjoy goons!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Omg load

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
They did say 12:01 I guess :argh:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Come on load drat you

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It’s starting bye!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING!?!?!?!?!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

IT ISN'T WORKING I'M DYING

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ok it's working now

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I'm in

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Congrats on being able to play new zeldo goons.

Looking forward to hearing about what people get up to in a couple hours when y'all finish tutorial zone.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Here we go

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IM INNNNNN

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Hell yeah mfers

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Okay now I’m in at 9:03

See ya guys!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Ohtsam posted:

Watch the venture bros. Or mr show

Wait how can I watch the venture bros? It’s disappeared from my streaming services.

I have time for this because Amazon won’t be delivering my game until “tomorrow” (I.e. probably actually Saturday or even Monday because prime sucks now).

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Still getting the cannot play yet thing. It’s 11pm central. Is it just the servers getting hammered?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

whoa second try, its z time

And that's Gannon dead. Good game, look forward to the next one

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Music is great

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Tayter Swift posted:

And that's Gannon dead. Good game, look forward to the next one

*Ganondorf Dragmire

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

tomorrow will be my time to open palm slam the cartridge into my switch and crack open some cold ones for Beers of the Kingdom

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Also in case you’re an idiot like me who forgot everything from BOTW: there is no initial prompt to cook food when standing next to a pot. You cook by going into the inventory menu and selecting ingredients to hold with X, and THEN you get a prompt once you’re holding the stuff.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is written: only Link can defeat Ganon.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Are you sure

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Didn't expect Ganondorf to be into Warhammer, but now it's cannon I guess

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm at work for another six hours...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Ugh, my preorder got delayed until Saturday. Oh well, I do actually have work I need to do in the morning so it's probably a good thing.