Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
guess who got promoted to Super Gold in SF5

it was me, lucky winning streak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh I would loving love that

Can he hit JP with his car at level 3?

Seeing the entire cast of 3 a little aged up would own honestly

I would love to see older Elena or well trained Sean

Oh poo poo give me Sensei Makoto

Sean will return with Lucky Glauber’s moveset

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Bring back Fei Long, and give him low-hitting rekkas with kick button and ex rekkas that have him roll past the opponent and attack them from the other side so he becomes a high/low left/right mixup machine.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Breetai posted:

Bring back Fei Long, and give him low-hitting rekkas with kick button and ex rekkas that have him roll past the opponent and attack them from the other side so he becomes a high/low left/right mixup machine.

Why does Capcom hate Fei Long? He's so cool and fun to play.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Symbolic Butt posted:

guess who got promoted to Super Gold in SF5

it was me, lucky winning streak

:hellyeah: congrats!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

TulliusCicero posted:

Why does Capcom hate Fei Long? He's so cool and fun to play.

Maybe they're afraid of litigation, given that the character is just straight up Bruce Lee.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bleck posted:

Maybe they're afraid of litigation, given that the character is just straight up Bruce Lee.

tekken gets away with law being in every game........

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Law has a Enter the Dragon scene as a rage art now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe they just think they've lost the Bruce Lee battle to Tekken

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Just dropping Bruce Lee into your game is kind of boring

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Couldn't you just make Fei Long's kid? That could be fun

Baby Fei Long could even be a girl, why not? Give them some of Fei Long's stuff but also their own moves

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Bleck posted:

One of the music composers for SFV said pretty much exactly this, and not only did Capcom and the family deny it, Capcom (iirc) explicitly blacklisted the composer from future work on the series.

the real reason they haven't brought him back is outside of the Bruce Lee aesthetic he's incredibly dull, especially in sf4

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 11, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Tekken already did this with Law in 1997. They're too late to get on that

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

If they're going to just throw a martial arts film actor into the game I'd rather it was Sammo Hung, personally.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Fei Long and Fuerte both deserve new iterations because they are incredibly cool martial art types that have a whole lot of potential to be cool and fun in a street fighter game even if they don't end up "faithful" ports of their sf4 appearances

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Fei Long and Fuerte both deserve new iterations because they are incredibly cool martial art types that have a whole lot of potential to be cool and fun in a street fighter game even if they don't end up "faithful" ports of their sf4 appearances

I'd love to see a completely redesigned luchadore character. But you basically have to do the redesign because I feel like post SFIV they don't really like looping set play characters anymore. Though I guess that's only a single game since it's just the various versions of SFV

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I like that the villain in this one is a social media obsessed NGO psycho. Very zeitgeisty.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
The real psycho power is Twitter.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mode 7 posted:

If they're going to just throw a martial arts film actor into the game I'd rather it was Sammo Hung, personally.

I would play nothing but this character forever.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I'd love to see a completely redesigned luchadore character. But you basically have to do the redesign because I feel like post SFIV they don't really like looping set play characters anymore. Though I guess that's only a single game since it's just the various versions of SFV

R.Mika was, for me, the only fun character in sf5 and it is a shame that sf6 doesn't seem to want to have a corner blender grappler in the way she was, but I would also love to see the sf6 take on Japan Woman's Pro Wrestler with her.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

R.Mika was, for me, the only fun character in sf5 and it is a shame that sf6 doesn't seem to want to have a corner blender grappler in the way she was, but I would also love to see the sf6 take on Japan Woman's Pro Wrestler with her.

Oh duh, I completely forgot about R. Mika, how on earth did I do that. Yeah I'd be down for another take on that archetype!

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Instead of played out Evil Ryu or Violent Ken, something like Hangry Laura. She has a luchador mask and gets a dragon punch or something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I was going to say that R. Mika's gone heel as a joke idea for her, but that'd unironically be a really interesting idea for her, I can imagine her being a sort of 'mentor heel' who's actually really nice and encouraging, teaching people but hiding it behind a lot of on-stage attitude. I remember there's a famous female wrestler in Japan that had that going on.

That sort of angle could work really well with the World Tour mode especially.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

R. Mika achieving her dream by being the heel to Zangief's face.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Ken has been arrested for Crypto crimes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

TulliusCicero posted:

My BIG out of nowhere pull from Capcom is to get updated Maki or Sodom, but that poo poo probably ain't happening.

It really is surprising to me that Cody or Guy aren't even confirmed DLC yet, considering they have to be involved with the story somehow of VI

My crackpot theory is that Sodom is Kimberly's uncle is the guy singing on her tapes.

Hmmm. Character I'd most like to see in SF6, though....

I'mma say Yun & Yang.

Not Yun. Not Yang. YunandYang. One character, one health bar, two people with different moves a la Zeku, switching stances tags one brother out for the other from the background.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 12, 2023

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Some of the players appearing on Daigo's SF6 demo streams have been using modern controls (John Takeuchi, Trashbox), and so far it's been a big nothingburger. Besides reacting to badly spaced fireballs with supers, they haven't really been doing anything special. If anything they've been worse off than classic controls players because they can't do Luke's st.MK, his best poke in neutral. Some people have been saying modern controls will break the game because people will be whiff punishing everything with DPs and supers. Yeah that's not a thing, not even with John Takeuchi's insane zoomer reactions.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

New chapter is out

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/comics/en/story2.html

TulliusCicero posted:

Fei Short

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Where is Sagat?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

JBP posted:

Where is Sagat?

Retired to run his cat's Tiktok account fulltime

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Thirsty Dog posted:

Retired to run his cat's Tiktok account fulltime

Ok then where is Sagat's cat and can it zone?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Base it on '90's Joshi which was basically "chonky ladies in one piece swimsuits kick each other in the head as hard as they can and trade concussions via headdrop moves".

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How many characters in this game have cats...

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
it was extremely lame when they took away Mika's forced wall-bounce thing early in SFV

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Cleretic posted:

I was going to say that R. Mika's gone heel as a joke idea for her, but that'd unironically be a really interesting idea for her, I can imagine her being a sort of 'mentor heel' who's actually really nice and encouraging, teaching people but hiding it behind a lot of on-stage attitude. I remember there's a famous female wrestler in Japan that had that going on.

That sort of angle could work really well with the World Tour mode especially.

Hear me out. Instead of Heel Mika, we get:

Heel Nadeshiko

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 12, 2023

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How many characters in this game have cats...

Cammy and Sagat. A Tiger is a cat,

quote:

Heel Nadeshiko

A tag team breaking up badly is a decent arc. I feel like there should be a cause though, and it crossing into Street Fighter, which is not the ring and that story shouldn't apply...like, in the face of whatever world-threat shenanigans are going on this time, holding on to the minor plot seems....off. Wrong.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 12, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

JBP posted:

Where is Sagat?

He got Thanos'd together with Vega and Balrog.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
But will they bring back Ingrid?

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

TulliusCicero posted:

Baby Fei Long could even be a girl, why not? Give them some of Fei Long's stuff but also their own moves

I would be down for a Brandon Lee homage character. Rapid Fire owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Hot Take: I hope none of the SF2 boss characters (Balrog, Vega, Sagat and Bison) come back in SF6.

I bet they'll bring Fei Long back in some way just to complete The New Challengers.

idk capcom just seems OCD with stuff like that