Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Crapple! posted:

I bought the Stardom show because I have some extra money this week and the impulse control of a toddler. Plus word of mouth on this show was super positive. Sure enough Stardom stays winning.

Legend of Fukuoka Goddess 05.04.2023:

MOTYC: AZM vs Mei Seira
MOTYC: Giulia and Maika vs Saya Kamitani and Utami Hayashishita
MOTYC: Mina Shirakawa (c) vs Natsupoi

I don't really care so much about nominating HMs any more but the rest of that show is about that level or higher. I might even end up giving a MOTYC to the SLK/Ruaka vs Tam/Saori match after a rewatch. I really enjoyed it but was a bit distracted

Second. Hell of a show and I'm amazed at how great Mina has become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

forkboy84 posted:

WMOTYC
15th April
Big Japan Pro Wrestling New Standard Big 'B' Lotta Good Time Night 1
Weapon Bringing Deathmatch
Kankuro Hoshino & Yuko Miyamoto vs Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher

This is pretty much everything bad in deathmatch wrestling. I will not ever understand why BJW flew these guys over except "nostalgia" I guess. Feel like there'd be cheaper nostalgia pops & they wouldn't come out waving a Trump 2024 flag. This show also had another pretty lousy deathmatch with Abby Jr & Ryuji Ito plodding along. Fortunately there was some good poo poo, albeit on Night 2.

HM
16th April
Big Japan Pro Wrestling New Standard Big 'B' Lotta Good Time Night 2
BJW Tag Team Titles
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura)(c) vs Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi)

They've had (much) better matches, but this was pretty great albeit with a flat finish. Astronauts are always good value for money.

MOTYC
16th April
Big Japan Pro Wrestling New Standard Big 'B' Lotta Good Time Night 2
Fluorescent Lighttubes Barb Wire Board Deathmatch
BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight Title

Hideyoshi Kamitani(c) vs Kazuki Kikuta

Kikuta has been a breath of fresh air in the DM division, & he's taken to it like a duck to water, very impressive. This is pretty fantastic & is a good contrast with the Pondo/Necro match as far as "hey, here's a bad deathmatch, here's a good one". That's the only positive I can find from that Necro match, aside from it was funny when he had a metal trash can lobbed at his skull

Don't have individual match links for this, but they are all from the following link. I'd go grab times but I'm about to go to bed. I'll post them in the AM.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1650205548065816586?s=20

The Pondo/Necro match is at 1 minute 3 seconds. Astronauts vs Strong BJ starts at 1 hour 7 minutes. The Deathmatch Title match is at 1 hour 30 minutes 40 seconds.

HM
22nd April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 5
Champion Carnival A Block
Shuji Ishikawa vs Yuma Anzai
Watch this here

Man, the fans are so heavily behind Yuma, it rules.

HM
22nd April
Champion Carnival B Block
Ryuki Honda vs Yuma Aoyagi
Watch this here

HM
22nd April
Champion Carnival B Block
Kento Miyahara vs Yoshitatsu
Watch this here

Kento is about the only wrestler who can get anything out of Yoshitatsu at this point.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
22nd April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 6
Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Battle of Glory
Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO)
Watch this here

HM
22nd April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 6
Champion Carnival A Block
Satoshi Kojima vs Yuma Aoyagi
Watch this here

MOTYC
29th April
New Japan Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni
IWGP Tag Team Titles
Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis)(c) vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste)
Watch this here

Something about this just hit right, the way it was structured was great, TMDK looked really good working on top & splitting the ring in half early doors, never letting Fletcher tag out. So that when they came back the crowd were just ravenous for the big boy Davis to clean house. From there it was a really satisfying match & reminded me how good TMDK can be as a pairing. I said this in the NJPW thread but I think this might be my top non-AJPW tag match, though I'd have to actually consult the spreadsheet to see there's not something I've forgotten.

HM
29th April
New Japan Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni
KOPW2023 Title
Takagi-Style Triad Match

Shingo Takagi(c) vs Taichi
Watch this here

Meanwhile this just didn't really hit with me. Kevin Kelly didn't seem to understand the stip at the start as he talked like "you have to win all 5 ways & so why was it a triad?" which was pretty grating, & man. Look, maybe this is a me thing because I watch too much wrestling (my backlog is at 38 shows right now & even if I don't watch all of them it's still a lot of wrestling to catch up with) but I don't need 45 minute matches that are going for epic for epic's sake. Because it felt like the pinfalls were rushed to almost get out of the way & then the middle part of the match felt like running on the spot & just sagged. There were cool moments, some nice selling & character work in there but on the whole it just feels indulgent. And I really didn't feel the 10 counts, there wasn't much drama there for me. But the final fall was pretty strong. I'm just a little bummed because I know Shingo & Taichi can do better, but Gedo loves his long main events now & I guess I don't.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro Love Phantom May 5th
MOTYC
Mizuki Watase (c) vs Keisuke Ishii - Spirit of Ganbare Openweight Championship

HM
YuuRI vs Riara
Kody Lane and Dan the Dad vs Romance Dawn (Shota and Takao Soma)
All-Star Junior All Stars (Yumehito Imanari and Tatsuhito Takaiwa) vs Hentai Punch Drunkers (Hikaru Sato and Taison Maeguchi) - Vacant Spirit of Ganbare World Tag Team Championships

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
3rd May
New Japan Wrestling Dontaku 2023
NJPW World TV Title
Zack Sabre Jr(c) vs Jeff Cobb
Watch this here

I love this title. With a 15 minute time limit it is impossible for New Japan's worst side to come out, so the end result is just what the NEVER Openweight Title used to be; short, violent matches.

HM
3rd May
NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Titles
Strong Style (El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki & Ren Narita)(c) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) & Hiroshi Tanahashi
Watch this here

HM
3rd May
IWGP World Heavyweight Title
SANADA(c) vs Hiromu Takahashi
Watch this here

HM
23rd April
Stardom Allstar Grand Queendom
Highspeed Tag Match
AZM & Mei Suruga vs Mei Seria & Starlight Kid
Watch this here

OK, you have the link to the first match of the show. Now watch the whole if you haven't. Because it's great. Of the 9 main event cards I'm about to nominate 6 MOTYCs, have nominated 1 HM & the worst match was still *** for the Goddess of Stardom match. So just carve out 4 hours of time. It's the show of the year as far as I'm concerned, absolutely stacked with great wrestlers wrestling greatly. Flew by.

MOTYC
23rd April
Jumbo Retirement match
Himeka vs Maika
Watch this here

MOTYC
23rd April
Artists of Stardom Title Match
Prominence (Hiragi Kurumi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki)(c) vs REstart (KAIRI, Natsupoi & Saori Anou)Watch this here

MOTYC
23rd April
Wonder of Stardom Title
Saya Kamitani(c) vs Mina Shirakawa
Watch this here

MOTYC
23rd April
KO or Submissions Only
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Syuri
Watch this here

This is just a stupidly stiff bit of wrestling. I thought there was no way it could be topped, MOTN, then the main event happened. Must watch.

MOTYC
23rd April
IWGP Women's Title
Mercedes Moné(c) vs Mayu Iwatani
Watch this here

MOTYC
23rd April
World of Stardom Title
Giulia(c) vs Tam Nakano
Watch this here

This match will be on end of year top 10s. Top 5s. It'll probably be some people's #1s. It's that good. Some people will probably loving hate hearing Tam driving her skull into Giulia's, but that's Tam for you, the idol with a sadistic streak.

About the only complaint I have about this show is there were so many matches to nominate & find links for that it took me some time to write this post.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 10, 2023

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dragongate Champion Gate HMs.

Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka vs. BIG BOSS Shimizu & Kzy (c), Open the Twin Gate
Strong Machine J vs. Shun Skywalker (c), Open the Dream Gate

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd April
Highspeed Tag Match
AZM & Mei Suruga vs Mei Seria & Starlight Kid
Watch this here

OK, you have the link to the first match of the preshow. Now watch the whole if you haven't. Because it's great. Of the 9 main event cards I'm about to nominate 6 MOTYCs, have nominated 1 HM & the worst match was still *** for the Goddess of Stardom match. So just carve out 4 hours of time. It's the show of the year as far as I'm concerned, absolutely stacked with great wrestlers wrestling greatly. Flew by

That match was actually apart of the main card. Was the official opening match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I swear I'm not just nominating every NWA match I watch. In fact Kamille vs Markova from last week was almost HM level until the finish.

NWA Powerrr 5/9

WMOTYC: BLT Vs Chris Adonis and Tyrus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHWxZlChXA

I will spoil this in case someone wants to watch this show because it's incredibly bad. But the main event is especially deserving.

It's a 6 minute match where BLT has to work a literal nerve hold on Adonis halfway through. Tyrus works for literally 30 seconds before hitting his finish, then Aron Stevens runs in for the distraction. Adonis puts him in the Masterlock while Tryus hits one of the BFTs, then leaves the ring for no reason to get counted out as he and one of the BFTs weakly brawl right next to the ring and nothing prevents him from getting back in. So it's a double count out while Chris Adonis has the manager in a full nelson in the middle of the ring.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

forkboy84 posted:

WMOTYC
15th April
Big Japan Pro Wrestling New Standard Big 'B' Lotta Good Time Night 1
Weapon Bringing Deathmatch
Kankuro Hoshino & Yuko Miyamoto vs Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher

This is pretty much everything bad in deathmatch wrestling. I will not ever understand why BJW flew these guys over except "nostalgia" I guess. Feel like there'd be cheaper nostalgia pops & they wouldn't come out waving a Trump 2024 flag.

Nth. This is the worst match I've seen this year hands down. There's not a single positive thing to say about it. It's a huge bummer too since pondo can actually still almost kinda go and i appreciate them shouting out some of the h2o kids with the music. But this is god drat horrendous. I challenge Billy Corgan to beat this

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd May
NJPW World TV Title
Zack Sabre Jr(c) vs Jeff Cobb
Watch this here

I love this title. With a 15 minute time limit it is impossible for New Japan's worst side to come out, so the end result is just what the NEVER Openweight Title used to be; short, violent matches.

HM
3rd May
IWGP World Heavyweight Title
SANADA(c) vs Hiromu Takahashi
Watch this here
nth for SANADA/Hiromu, HM for ZSJ/Jeff Cobb

SANADA gave Hiromu a lot, which is pretty impressive for two guys who never really interacted back when they were in one unit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
16th April
GLEAT Puro Negro
BIG Lucha World Title
Emperador Azteca(c) vs Soma Watanabe
Watch this here

HM
16th April
GLEAT Puro Negro
Black Generation (Elemental & Flamita) & Kaito Ishida vs El Lindaman, Hayato Tamura & Tetsuya Izuchi
Watch this here

HM
29th April
Ganbare Pro Run Lola Run
Hartley Jackson, Ken Ohka & Mizuki Watase vs Shinichiro Tominaga, Shuichiro Katsumura & Tyson Maeguchi
Watch this here

HM
29th April
DDT Max Bump Tour in Osaka
HARASHIMA & Yuki Ishida vs Yuji Hino & Yukio Sakaguchi
Watch this here

HM
29th April
DDT Max Bump Tour in Osaka
37KAMIINA (MAO & Yuki Ueno) vs Burning (Tetsuya Endo & Yuya Koroku)
Watch this here

HM
25th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 7
Kento Miyahara vs Satoshi Kojima
Watch this here

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
25th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 8
Junior Tag Team Battle of Glory
Black Generation International (Kaito Ishida & Kotaro Suzuki) vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO)
Watch this here

Nearly up to date with the Carnival. Feeling good about it even if the tournament hasn't been great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

Dragongate Champion Gate HMs.

Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka vs. BIG BOSS Shimizu & Kzy (c), Open the Twin Gate
Strong Machine J vs. Shun Skywalker (c), Open the Dream Gate

What's the date for this show?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

What's the date for this show?

March 5, sorry.

AEW Rampage 5/5:

HM: Powerhouse Hobbs & QTV vs. El Hijo del Vikingo & Lucha Bros.
HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Preston Vance

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Rey Fenix, Dynamite, 5/10

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Orange Cassidy, same show.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: House of Black vs. Best Amigos, tonight's Dynamite

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Mox vs. Omega

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 5/10

MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. Claudio Castagnoli
HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Orange Cassidy
HM: House of Black vs. Best Amigos
MOTY: Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. Claudio Castagnoli - Double Jeopardy Match - AEW Dynamite 5/10
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy (c) v. Daniel Garcia - AEW International Championship - AEW Dynamite 5/10
HM: House of Black (c) vs. Best Friends & Bandido - Open House Rules/AEW Trios Titles Match - AEW Dynamite 5/10
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley - Steel Cage Match - AEW Dynamite 5/10

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

graph posted:

MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. Claudio Castagnoli - Double Jeopardy Match - AEW Dynamite 5/10
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy (c) v. Daniel Garcia - AEW International Championship - AEW Dynamite 5/10
HM: House of Black (c) vs. Best Friends & Bandido - Open House Rules/AEW Trios Titles Match - AEW Dynamite 5/10

Nthing all of these.

Orange Cassidy right now is having an all time great championship run. I’m convinced he’s gonna lose every week, then he wins in some new inventive way, but they keep showing the cumulative wear and tear to build the next match. Genius stuff.

And Julia Hart deserves an award for most improved via gimmick change. She was alright as a cheerleader, but now she’s got so much personality and really kicked rear end in that match.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

graph posted:

nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MOTYC: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Rey Fenix, Dynamite, 5/10

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dynamite, 10/05
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 10/05
HM: Julia Hart vs. Anna Jay, AEW Dynamite, 10/05
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega, AEW Dynamite, 10/05

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega, AEW Dynamite, 10/05

The ending of the cage match dropped it a notch for me.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dragongate Dead or Alive, May 5

HM: Dragon Dia vs. Jason Lee (c), Open the Brave Gate
HM: BIG BOSS Shimizu, Kzy & Strong Machine J vs. Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura (c), Open the Triangle Gate
HM: ISHIN & KAI vs. Kenoh & Shuji Kondo (c), Open the Twin Gate
MOTYC: Madoka Kikuta vs. Shun Skywalker (c), Open the Dream Gate

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (c), NJPW World Television, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2/5
HM: Shota Umino vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (c), NJPW World Television, NJPW Sakura Genesis, 4/8

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
AEW Dynamite 10/5

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs Rey Fenix
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Daniel Garcia
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honor Club 5/11

HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Shane Taylor
HM: Blackpool Combat Club (Wheeler Yuta & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The Foundation ("Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus)
HM: Blake Christian vs. Samoa Joe
HM: Willie Mack vs. Ninja Mack
HM: Kyle Fletcher vs. Tony Deppen
HM: AR Fox vs. Anthony Henry
HM: Athena vs. Skye Blue

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
BJW Endless Survivor ~ Infinity Independent 5/4

HM:
BJW Tag Team Title Match
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) (c) vs. Hiroyuki Suzuki & Takuho Kato

MOTYC:
BJW World Strong Heavyweight Title Match
Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Yuya Aoki

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

Nth for these ones

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate: Hopeful Gate at Korakuen Hall, 5/11

HM: Dragon Dia & La Estrella vs. Kzy & Jason Lee
HM: Big Boss Shimizu, U-T, & Jacky "FUNKY" Kamei vs. Minorita, Kaito Nagano, & Daiki Yanagiuchi
HM: Don Fujii 26th Anniversary Celebration Match - Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki vs YAMATO & BxB Hulk
MOTYC: Reiwa New Generation Leaders Special 6-Man Tag Match - Madoka Kikuta, Kota Minoura, & Shun Skywalker vs. Ben-K, Yuki Yoshioka, & Strong Machine J

Really great Korakuen. Main event is worth going out of your way to see, IMO.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Killer Kelly vs. Masha Slamovich, Impact on AXS 5/11

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Dragongate Dead or Alive, May 5

HM: Dragon Dia vs. Jason Lee (c), Open the Brave Gate
HM: BIG BOSS Shimizu, Kzy & Strong Machine J vs. Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura (c), Open the Triangle Gate
HM: ISHIN & KAI vs. Kenoh & Shuji Kondo (c), Open the Twin Gate
MOTYC: Madoka Kikuta vs. Shun Skywalker (c), Open the Dream Gate
Nth

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate: Hopeful Gate at Korakuen Hall, 5/11

HM: Dragon Dia & La Estrella vs. Kzy & Jason Lee
HM: Big Boss Shimizu, U-T, & Jacky "FUNKY" Kamei vs. Minorita, Kaito Nagano, & Daiki Yanagiuchi
HM: Don Fujii 26th Anniversary Celebration Match - Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki vs YAMATO & BxB Hulk
MOTYC: Reiwa New Generation Leaders Special 6-Man Tag Match - Madoka Kikuta, Kota Minoura, & Shun Skywalker vs. Ben-K, Yuki Yoshioka, & Strong Machine J

Really great Korakuen. Main event is worth going out of your way to see, IMO.

and Nth

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Gotta nth omega / mox

AEW Dynamite, 10/05

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Purple Monkey posted:

AEW Dynamite 10/5

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs Rey Fenix
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Daniel Garcia
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley

Agreeing with these!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
GCW Fight Night Brooklyn 5/11/23

HM: Joey Janela vs Blake Christian
MOTYC: Tony Deppen vs Zack Sabre Jr.

Just watch these matches. Tony Deppen is one of the best technical guys on the indies and Janela can make a great match.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 5/11

HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Shane Taylor
HM: Blackpool Combat Club (Wheeler Yuta & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The Foundation ("Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus)
HM: Blake Christian vs. Samoa Joe
HM: Willie Mack vs. Ninja Mack
HM: Kyle Fletcher vs. Tony Deppen
HM: AR Fox vs. Anthony Henry
HM: Athena vs. Skye Blue

Nth to all, except I'm bumping Athena / Skye to a motyc