Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
There a little bit of... Starfish in Quigley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's the smoke eels. If Quigley didn't regret working with Starfish before, he definitely does now.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
What happened there, he tried to lasso Sette and then got knocked over by his own imagined baddies?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Seems like. Interesting that they take the same form to him that Uaid showed to Matty.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
maybe.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

NO loving WAY

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

After bombarding readers with misery and watching tragedies unfold week by week over the course of years, the most hosed up thing Cope could do now is give people hope that this time it isn't true

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

smoke eel'd again!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Emzedoh posted:

NO loving WAY

Seems to be evaporating into red eel poo poo. Doesn't look real.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Don't give me hope, I can't stand it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
no hurting pantoffel

anyway between the bits dissolving into eels and the third to last panel not having bits, it's not real

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

smoke eel'd again!

You're talking about page 126 right?

...right?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Pantoffel is a very good dog.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
kept her head in the game despite the Everything, dodged for Toma, and even took out the opposing saddlehound

anyway ash made note of these guys' uniforms, they're not just some random crescian military traitors, they're general bell's personal guard and so therefore have been in on the treason from the start

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pantoffel is three times better than your dog despite the heavy froofy dog helmet, rear end in a top hat.

boss fight music just started playing

except the guy's not that stupid

and we have a couple of characters unaccounted for

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

"What's Bell's boss music?"

"It needs bells, it needs a battle beat, and it needs to sound unhinged. So I will make the unorthodox choice of some Goblin. You can hear all the shifts in the track where the fight enters different phases :3:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXz3OlFwZA evidently

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Can't believe I didn't have those folks on my bingo card for unexpected allies, it's obvious in hindsight.

also notice the progression of the page background :ohdear:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Calling it now, Bell's gonna get murked by an inak and be extremely salty that one of those little dudes put him down.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
between bell and karl this has been a good chapter for horrid grinchy men

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

between bell and karl this has been a good chapter for horrid grinchy men

And we have the return of Starfish. And Quigley's here!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Torn because monarchism is cringe

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

General Bell doing his best Joey Wheeler impression.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

GunnerJ posted:

Torn because monarchism is cringe

IIRC Bell wants to install himself as king with support from the hereditary aristocracy, so the end result for his coup would just be a temporarily more militant and tyrannical flavor of the same poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

e:

quote:

What's up with the general's larger then typically large dog? Is it on glut or something?

quote:

It’s an Ulestrian mountain hound, a huge specialty breed. Short, miserable lifespan, but for a few years it can bite a grown man in half at the waist. This one’s been pymarically modified and packed out with armour and weapons.

even when it comes to his saddlehound, bell is of course a far worse person than toma and our dearest and most beloved friend captain claggart

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 25, 2023

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

"It's the owner not the breed", Unsounded edition.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You know, with Bell, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don’t care for him.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
more like general bellend

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

When all your tactical options suck, maybe the best thing to do is retreat and hope the options stop sucking.

Bad Seafood posted:

You know, with Bell, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don’t care for him.

you don't say

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bell is giving Starfish a real run for his money in the worst guy on the planet contest.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

I wonder how much of it is getting his brains scrambled.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

I wonder how much of it is getting his brains scrambled.

ruckmearkha wants to eat Actual Bell, the interesting man who creates interesting geopolitical situations

i'm not saying he necessarily succeeds in not turning the man's brains into a savory crockpot stew, but he loves bell and he loves maha sonorie and if he can delay gratification they'll be even more exciting to sip from

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Bell is legit depicted as if he's physically ill. He's probably half scrambled at this point.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
He's just a bit over ripened.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'd be legit surprised if Bell made it out of this one alive. He has a lot of last boss of the first disc energy

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The two-toes are all gonna die, but what a way to go

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
toma has consistently been the guy who commits and benefits from traditionally "heroic" actions and it's good to see he's still kept that streak going

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Two pages this time. she's almost here

also ash clearly has lots of fun with khert fires even when she doesn't get to wipe out a squad of child soldiers (night's still young, i suppose)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

RIP that one guy.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Love the happy face on the floating cup of coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

The background is really popping off, worth going back about a month and just advancing through to watch it develop.