Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Retroarch is wretched, the UI was formed by a sick mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nesticle, now that was a UI

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Watching specific posters spend months calling people rape supporters and nazis cuz they still play star craft or diablo, talking up D4 or Dragonflight is super funny, I agree.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

BonoMan posted:

I legit never played a Kirby until late last year when I broke out the NES Classic for my kiddos. I was super suprised at how fun it was and it seems to have aged really well. Feel like I have a lot of catching up to do.

highly recommend Kirby's Dreamland 2 then Kirby Super Star. top tier games.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hatty posted:

Retroarch is wretched, the UI was formed by a sick mind

Trying to use the XMB when you've got menus five-six levels deep is either the depths of hubris or the depths of stupidity, and I find myself not wishing to mine the minds of the makers to find out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A mobile game called Age of Origins, why is its theme “zombies”?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dating app called “Gaper”? Age gap dating? What does that mean? You guys seen this??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Dating app called “Gaper”?

:goatsecx:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

That’s how mafia works: Someone sits at a table and pokes a memo with a knife while a few others observe respectfully.

The most realistic depiction yet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

play now, paisan

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"age gap dating" is just grindr

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone else kinda skeeved out that there are no male Zeldas in any of the Zelda games?

i disliked that when i did a gif search for "zelda" all the top results are link

edit: 3 links and a lewd zelda

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone else kinda skeeved out that there are no male Zeldas in any of the Zelda games?

Zelda's a girl????? since when

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

People slept on this joke yesterday so I'm highlighting it. It's really good! I said come in!, I see you, I appreciate you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

They are alien elves who reproduce more like trees than mammals and it bothers me they never mention it in game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

Would the kings not be male Zeldas

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is Zelda the surname?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Would the kings not be male Zeldas

F.Scott's more like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

Is Zelda the surname?
Nah the family name is hyrule, as shown by king daphnes hyrule in wind waker

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Is there a viable alternative to RetroArch? I didn’t realize RetroArch was so despised.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zelda Zelda, and Luigi Zelda

We're the Zelda Bros

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Is there a viable alternative to RetroArch? I didn’t realize RetroArch was so despised.
the alternative is just going back to individual emulators. the upside is, a lot of cores really have to contrive poo poo to work in retroarch and its more of a pain in the rear end the further away your system gets from the snes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have never used Retroarch in my life because it was a pain in the rear end the one time I tried to set it up on my phone

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/RealLyndaCarter/status/1656723143073857559?t=VTNaZHnFOmeRur1z60IeWA&s=19

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

homeless snail posted:

nesticle, now that was a UI

Was that the one that had a bloody chopped off hand as a cursor

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Was that the one that had a bloody chopped off hand as a cursor

yes, which was more than a little unnerving for 12 year old me in a consoleless household just trying to play some dang super mario

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think I understood the nesticle joke, at the time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Vermain posted:

yes, which was more than a little unnerving for 12 year old me in a consoleless household just trying to play some dang super mario

NESticles bloody hand didn't bug me at that age bc I think I had already played Warcraft 2 and the orcs badass bone sticking out really stuck with me.

But for some reason this other emulator, I think genecysr or some poo poo had this dripping red blood banner and that one did make me uneasy.

Man I used to spend so much time looking for cool cursors to use on my PC. And iconoacks to reskin windows stuff into random anime or MegaMan poo poo or pacman

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Downloading roms one at a time from a website with three windows open bc no tabs yet, so when your NetZero connection finished doing a snes ROM in 15 minutes you're ready to start downloading the next one.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

NESticles bloody hand didn't bug me at that age bc I think I had already played Warcraft 2 and the orcs badass bone sticking out really stuck with me.

But for some reason this other emulator, I think genecysr or some poo poo had this dripping red blood banner and that one did make me uneasy.

Man I used to spend so much time looking for cool cursors to use on my PC. And iconoacks to reskin windows stuff into random anime or MegaMan poo poo or pacman

i completely forgot about the blood banner, possibly because i didn't do genesis stuff as much beyond sonic and phantasy star

the olden days of ZSNES were such a wild time, just spending nights browsing through the ROM lists looking for interesting titles and praying i didn't accidentally download malware. i don't think i ever found any real gems, although getting to play unreleased stuff like tales of phantasia and bahamut lagoon was a treat

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdi2AHU-82E

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I :filez:d my Switch last night, and the funniest part of that process was bending a paperclip juuuuuust right to hack it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

I :filez:d my Switch last night, and the funniest part of that process was bending a paperclip juuuuuust right to hack it.

i love how weird jailbreaking consoles can get, like the dreamcast being cracked via a random audio CD that let you overcome security checks, or the 3DS having a game so terribly coded that you could perform ACE through it to bypass the lockdown

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Activpissin' Bigshit

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will be playing the not just released Zelder this evening.

I am currently in the sky dungeon in Twilight Princess and it is pretty awesome - just got the item and am fully prepared to get through as much as I can. I actually figured it out what it would be due to Regy deliberately telling me to go somewhere that dropped me to my doom.

(Everyone also had a 'huge discussion' about the difference between the EU and the US on floor numbering in houses and buildings and that was pretty funny to me. :twisted:)

Chances are high I finish it Sunday, which then means Super Mario Sunshine. I am STILL super pumped from demolishing Super Mario 64 all those months ago and looking forward to bettering myself in the 3D platformering realm. :hai:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

(Everyone also had a 'huge discussion' about the difference between the EU and the US on floor numbering in houses and buildings and that was pretty funny to me. :twisted:)

G is for Ground
1 is for the 1st floor, the 2nd level to the building
etc

Yanks are wrong :colbert:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the proper floor naming scheme is 0 for ground floor, 1 for first floor, etc. so that you can tell people legitimately that you're going to negative world whenever gotta hit up the basement

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

top 10 mind blowing video game tech moments:

- That Playstation dinosaur on the demo disc
- Seeing a Nintendo game being played on your cousin's 486 via Nesticle
- the tech demo for half-life 2 where they showed of the physics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vermain posted:

i love how weird jailbreaking consoles can get, like the dreamcast being cracked via a random audio CD that let you overcome security checks, or the 3DS having a game so terribly coded that you could perform ACE through it to bypass the lockdown

The Swap Disc Reindeer of Piracy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95TbfNQa1x8