Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fight harder! *angry piano banging*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Tell me... If you had the strength to flip that sword, could you do it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think Samurai has too many buttons, but it's dumb poo poo like Shinten/Kyuten, Shoha/Shoha 2, and Guren/Senei being separate buttons. My Kaiten hotkey is still there, unusable.

Those dumb oGCDs that don't interact with anything should just be a single skill with the normal single target potency, and same reduced aoe potency. It's never a decision, and there aren't edge cases where you'd use one over the other. Literal button bloat.

I set up a simple macro that just replaces the single target and multi-target versions of each ability. There's no real reason to have both on your bar and you can swap them out if you need to with the touch of a button.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

theironjef posted:

As a Dancer main, I like dancing.

I’m on a hiatus but I do love dancing…

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kheldarn posted:

As a Machinist main, I'd be fine with removing Reassemble and rolling it into those.

:same: the animation is a little underwhelming but it's also nice being able to use it for aoe on trash pulls if i want

i do love that disassemble is just hurling a wrench at the dude's head though

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

I set up a simple macro that just replaces the single target and multi-target versions of each ability. There's no real reason to have both on your bar and you can swap them out if you need to with the touch of a button.

That's not a bad idea.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Kitfox88 posted:

https://twitter.com/mane_tank/status/1616500681640222725?lang=en

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

loving send it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Patch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6CILDMm9Xw

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch is May 23.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

THEY'RE INCREASING THE RADIUS OF DAMAGE BUFFS TO 30 YALMS

NO MORE CURSED BUFF UPTIME STRATS

e: oh wow, Jump and High Jump no longer change your position serverside

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Arist posted:

I can't tell you how many times as a healer or ranged with a DPS buff(i.e. RDM, AST) I've moved closer to the center of the arena and the boss, popped buff and sighed as I saw I missed 1-2 people.

:qq:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh Atonement doesn't break your combos anymore.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Arist posted:

Does this mean I'll finally stop jumping into the orange deathzones in Paradigm's Breach?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

stev posted:

Does this mean I'll finally stop jumping into the orange deathzones in Paradigm's Breach?

No. You'll find new ways to leap into a deathwall.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

on the one hand this was a complication other classes didnt have to deal with so i get removing it, on the other hand it feels like at this point 99% of the reason to pick a class is just minor DPS differences or aesthetics and there's very little game feel difference between most classes. Like of the melee DPS only ninja really feels like it still has a different feel anymore.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Arist posted:

I guess if you can't convince a big chunk of the player base to stop standing a mile away from the action, this is the next best option.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

on the one hand this was a complication other classes didnt have to deal with so i get removing it, on the other hand it feels like at this point 99% of the reason to pick a class is just minor DPS differences or aesthetics and there's very little game feel difference between most classes. Like of the melee DPS only ninja really feels like it still has a different feel anymore.

And people want things homogenized even more too. RIP!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

It makes sense to me. Dragoons have had a bad reputation since before the game even launched as floor tanks, and a lot of that is because Jump is occasionally just a suicide button and you have to figure out when on a per-fight basis.

When I think of homogenization that actually kind of upsets me in this game, I think more of the flattening of Huton, which used to be 70 seconds (and Armor Crush restored it by 35) and now it's 60 (and 30) like everything else in the game. It's not actually an important difference, but that just makes the fact that they changed it more glaring.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Thundarr posted:

I guess if you can't convince a big chunk of the player base to stop standing a mile away from the action, this is the next best option.

I'm really just glad I don't have to hold my buffs anymore as BRD for fights like P8S (with the obvious exception of invulnerability phases).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Endorph posted:

I don't necessarily think removing the Jump/High Jump position change is part of this problem though, especially since we're almost 10 years into the 2.0 era of FFXIV and where your character is visibly portrayed and where the server actually decides you are still remain to be very different things that can usually lead to very dire consequences (and this is not even getting into the High Jump/Mirage Dive merger which caused higher level DRGs a lot of problems, leading them to splitting it; Jump/High Jump always had issues).

Plus, you still have Spineshatter and Dragonfire to worry about.

For game feel.. I dunno. NIN (ninjutsu fuckery) feels different to MNK (constantly going between two combo tracks) which feels different to SAM (3 combos into big hit) which feels different to DRG (long combo build up). RPR kind of takes a page out of NIN's book (1-2-3 combo kind of being the down time) and MCH's book oddly enough (Enshroud as the Wildfire fast GCD phase), but it still feels pretty different. We'll see what they do in 7.0 though, because I feel like that's the point where things are really really going to get flattened out unless they knock it out of the park with the DRG revamp

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Jesus loving christ it's cartoonish at this point

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh nice savage loot rules are changing for the better.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Real Dragoons die like 100x more to greeding positionals than any kind of jumping attack.

Evasive is not a jumping attack.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

It's cool when you can't use your most important cd because the fight mechanics don't allow you to use gap closers, except jump isn't even a gap closer so it has all the drawbacks with none of the benefits. They should just make some attacks randomly do 0 damage, because that would make the job more unique too

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

*taking notes* Gambler class demand rising...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cries in DRK being my favorite tank.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
There’s no way I’ll be done with Zelda by the 23rd :(

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

As a PLD and WAR main, :sickos:

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Consummate Professional posted:

There’s no way I’ll be done with Zelda by the 23rd :(

at this point i highly doubt i'll be done by the next expansion

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

It is kind of hard when a lot of flavor is suboptimal and makes people complain.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sorely needed change. drk was running circles around the other tanks.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

That's ok, us DRK players are trained to hone our anguish into still kicking rear end regardless

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

All this tank anguish is going to be very funny when it turns out to be stuff like "circle of scorn +10pot"

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So the changes to Shatter were: they took the control points out, and ice can respawn. Makes it a little more like Seal Rock then, should be fun

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they deboned my map

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ryanbomber posted:

All this tank anguish is going to be very funny when it turns out to be stuff like "circle of scorn +10pot"

That's the sort of thing I expect, the tanks aren't really all that far apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They've removed that Dark Knight story quests from the game to bring it more in-line with Paladin.