Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fartknocker posted:

He’s #17, just behind Chad Hutchinson and ahead of Steve Beuerlein.

Don’t forget cowboys legend Ryan Leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1656738071990136832

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
the eagles playing the giants twice in the last three weeks of the season is dumb as poo poo, and that's not even factoring in potential playoff meetups

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Cool. I got 4 more seats to take my whole family and it’s all night games and cold weather games.

The NFL. The official league of loving over fans who actually go to the games.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Let’s see the cowboys schedule

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

euphronius posted:

Let’s see the cowboys schedule

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the giants don't play an afternoon home game until october 29th lmao

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

So, 17 games at FedEx?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

This is the dumbest schedule possible. 7/10 games on the road to start, playing Eagles 2/3 weeks to end the season, bye in the middle of a homestand

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That's going to suck at first but having a ton of home games at the end of the season is a god send

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Harlock posted:

This still remains to me the funniest and most bizarre storyline

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1656663812475604993

49ers still upset they lost that game like they were destined to go to the Super Bowl or something

It's a fair point, I think. 49ers are loaded everywhere except QB and had to play that game with a 3rd stringer who basically couldn't throw. Shanahan is saying he hopes they've ironed out the QB situation by that time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Someone post the cow boys schedule

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

euphronius posted:

Someone post the cow boys schedule

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1656811847952257026

@Giants
Jets
@Arizona
NE
@SF
@Chargers
bye
Rams
@Iggles
Giants
@Panthers
Commies
Seahawks
Iggles
@Bills
@Dolphins
Lions
@Commies

I’d guess 10 Wins, 5 losses, 2 tossups out of that.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Eagles:

@NE
MN
@TB
WAS
@LA
@NYJ
MIA
@WAS
DAL
Bye
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
NYG
ARI
@NYG

Looks to me like 12-5, maybe 13-4.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

17-0

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Need to see days

It will come out eventually

Thank you tho

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Toaster Beef posted:

DAL
Bye
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA

Hot drat that is quite the gauntlet :stare:

Cowboys look like 10-12 wins to me and Philly 11-13, feels like it’s gonna go down the stretch again.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 12, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Toaster Beef posted:

Eagles:

@NE
MN
@TB
WAS
@LA
@NYJ
MIA
@WAS
DAL
Bye
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
NYG
ARI
@NYG

That's kinda where I'm at either most of the losses coming late in the season because...

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Hot drat that is quite the gauntlet :stare:

Cowboys look like 10-12 wins to me and Philly 11-13, feels like it’s gonna go down the stretch again.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'd take dak over Romo any day

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BiggerBoat posted:

It's a fair point, I think. 49ers are loaded everywhere except QB and had to play that game with a 3rd stringer who basically couldn't throw. Shanahan is saying he hopes they've ironed out the QB situation by that time.

Shanahan reporting on the QB situation, Week 13 2023

Only registered members can see post attachments!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Cowboys fans hanging their hat on a noddle armed more successful Manziel, a QB from the 70s that played for 11 years and only produced 22k yards and 150 TDs (lmao even by ancient QB standards), and an above average starting QB that they all want to chase out of town at any given time.
" Stats don't matter" and "Ringzz Don't tell the whole story" in one post.

He's the fusion cuisine of football posting that's for sure

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

" Schedule leak" It's so dumb. We already know every team that will be on the schedule as soon as the season ends

The NFL media machine is a loving master class in staying in the news cycle.

It's like that Bill Burr bit for he screams about morons who watch the draft (like me?). " YOU GOT TO WATCH IT THEY PICK? THEY PUT OUT THE WHOLE loving LIST THE VERY NEXT DAY."

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Do we have a new owner yet?

Wake me up when Snyder fucks off to London for good. He can hang out with the Russian criminal oligarchs and Saudi feudal oil barons where he belongs.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I love how palpably the Eagles don't care about the schedule release videos. Like, 'People like dogs, gently caress it, give 'em dogs' :effort:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1657117669743644682?t=

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

I love how palpably the Eagles don't care about the schedule release videos. Like, 'People like dogs, gently caress it, give 'em dogs' :effort:

It helps that it doesnt matter who we play against

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles got a terrible schedule

Really bad

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

blarzgh posted:

" Stats don't matter" and "Ringzz Don't tell the whole story" in one post.

He's the fusion cuisine of football posting that's for sure

People don't really understand how fine a line there is in the NFL between winning and losing and the incredible amount of luck that goes into determining that. 2/3 of all games are decided by one score and any number of fluky things can affect that. MIssed extra points, lucky bounces on fumbles, doinked field goals/XP's, pick sixes and untimely turnovers, untimely penalties, punt and kickoff returns...weather, injuries, coaching decisions...all kinds of poo poo.

https://cleanuphitter.com/nfl/stats/nfl_common_scores.php

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-average-margin-of-victory-2022

But the majority of games are close and usually decided by maybe 5 or 10 key plays that drastically swing the outcome. Look at your average NFL point spread. The difference between the best and the worst NFL teams in any given year is not nearly as vast as we tend to think. Vegas certainly seems to understand this better than anybody.

A lot of really great teams and QB's never hoisted that trophy. Marino, Jim Kelly's Bills, The 70's Vikings, etc. Then there's New England's (almost) undefeated season. Since Eli Manning came up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Going by how close the score was ignores

1. Refs will refs to the betting line
2. Teams play to the score

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can blow out a team and win by 3 points

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

You can blow out a team and win by 3 points

That was kind of my point actually.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:neckbeard:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

euphronius posted:

Eagles got a terrible schedule

Really bad

49ers still going to bitch about it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Was really hoping to get Philly early. Most dolphins fans seem to have that marked up as an L - Philly will be hitting all cylinders by week 4-6

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nah Philly gonna shrimp this year and be bottom of the nfc east

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Home opener on a Thursday is some Grade A bullshit

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Toaster Beef posted:

Eagles:

@NE
MN
@TB
WAS
@LA
@NYJ
MIA
@WAS
DAL
Bye
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
NYG
ARI
@NYG

prolly depends on which LA team gets flexed week five

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Has their been any talk of Washington fixing their stupid nickname and unis under the new ownership? I kinda think they should.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

At lot of people think rebranding should be done to shed anything Snyder-related and also because it sucks. Of course there’s no official anything yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Dave posted:

At lot of people think rebranding should be done to shed anything Snyder-related and also because it sucks. Of course there’s no official anything yet.

Don’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. The league voted for Commanders and likes the military patriotic angle to get those viewers.